Does your job suck? What do you do? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Does your job suck? What do you do?

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 11-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #31
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I ****ing hate school. With a passion. I'm constantly thinking of what it would be like to just have a job.

When I had my summer job I worked for my uncle. It varied from mowing yards, bush hogging pastures, to laying brick and cutting trees. There were days I hated it but for the most part I loved it. I was doing what I loved, out in the country.

I wish I had an actual job...

Any entrepreneur's here? Me and a couple buddies are trying to open a t-shirt business then expand to more clothing/accessories. I may just start another thread on this...

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #32
jmmorgan82

I do tech support for an ISP in the commercial/small business department. Job sucks but the pay is pretty good and the company has good benefits. I'm currently looking into oilfield jobs just due to the fact that I hate sitting behind a desk 8-5.
jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #33
tattooed856
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I had a job, up here in NJ the market sucks!!
tattooed856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #34
austin6137
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I'm a new construction framer. Part/full time lol. Work a couple weeks get laid off a couple weeks. The worst part is we use to have two crews, and like 12 guys. Now it's one crew and 2 1/2 guys. Its one other guy besides myself, and my boss that works like 4hours a day cause he has another job ( bad sign right lol). The other bad part is trying to find other people nobody wants to work anymore, I couldn't tell you how many people worked a day or two then quit.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #35
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't say it sucks. I get paid **** to do this

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #36
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I like my job, been there 26 years. I'm a painter, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a piano player at a brothel.
Unread 11-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #37
firejeep42
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I actually love my job. I get to help people, save lives and get an adrenaline rush.

I'm a student too, that's not as exciting. But it is fun...
Unread 11-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #38
TreyXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I really like my job. I detail cars at a local used car dealership. Its really fun because I love working around cars and for some reason I just like cleaning....don't know why. Plus, since I'm a student I can't work very much so it doesn't get too boring and extra cash is always great.
TreyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #39
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I am in school as well and my job blows. I do pest control and it's not the bugs that bother me it's the trashy people I deal with in apartments. The pay is great for today's economy and thats the only reason I stay. I was doing valet on the strip and it was the funnest best paying job I've had so far. Wish the economy would bounce back and I could start the money flowing again.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #40
mytjtoy
CJ--my drug of choice!

1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV_Boltman View Post
Coal miner. I love it, it's very exciting.

Plus I make more than most people with college degrees.
That's pretty easy to do now a days. College degrees are worth nothing now a days. Articles all the time on the news and in papers about this. Fricken Waste Management garbage collectors make more than some BS or BA degree people. The golden years are long gone.

Oh and I love my job. Fortune 100 company and work from home if I am not travelling. Love it!
mytjtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #41
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I work for a major engineering company on the project management/ project controls side.

I basically coordinate with all the disciplines, the client and the PMT to make changes to the scope of work. The bad side is that I can't talk about my work with friends since most of my work is confidential.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #42
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Pediatric Dentist. Only crappy thing about it was the time in school & the time in the military to pay it off. Now I'm my own boss

Best thing--2 words: hot Moms
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #43
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

To make a long story short, I've been working an A to B job in a retail environment for the last two years. It's not where I want to be, and I make about 1/3rd of what I made at my last good job, but I'm thankful to have a job--period. I have IT experience, help desk/tech support, collections, new vehicle sales, healthcare, banking/finance, and insurance background. I've done this and that, trying to find my place in the world more or less, and I've lost a few really great jobs sadly as a result of a woman. That's a whole different story, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Anyway, stuck doing retail because it's all I can do at the moment. I've been doing a little bit of freelance web design and graphic design to help get me by, but that's pretty slow. Lots of fresh out of college kids want to build their portfolio up and work for free to do so, so why would anyone want to pay?
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #44
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Have worked over 35 years as a mechanic and still enjoy it every day. What to say it's in my blood. Have made a good living with it all my life
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #45
Barcus
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I sell phones for a wireless carrier. I like the company and the technology, I'm just ready to not be in retail anymore. Retail jobs will suck the life force out of a zombie.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.