Does your job suck? What do you do? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Does your job suck? What do you do?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #16
ruthole
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm a factory worker I bounce around from job to job (when somebody is out sick) get paid no better than the lady that vaccines out the boxes and stands in one place all night. But I build coffins not a typical job but it pays the bills

Lone jeep club member #1

[QUOTE=TMSquy;13470729]If parts aint flyin you aint tryin![/QUOTE]
ruthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #17
howardusa
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I'm retired and do as I please. More than once after washing my Jeep Commander I've found myself driving over the bridge into Destin, Florida 14 hours later. We live in a beautiful country and I intend to see all I can before I take the big dirt nap. I was in the same profession for 35 years. Every job no matter how exciting in the beginning starts to suck after a few years. I'm been retired since 2005 and so far have not seen any downside of sleeping in and not answering to anyone but myself.
I'm glad you all have jobs. I was fortunate to have never been unemployed in my lifetime.
HT
howardusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #18
ryan22ddd
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bump...sounds like some cool jobs here! Digging this thread.
ryan22ddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #19
spdcat01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm a Registered Nurse in the preop area at a Level 1 trauma center nearby. I also work part time as an EMT for EMS with the same company. I really like most parts of my jobs. I enjoy meeting people, and helping them understand their surgical procedures, and getting them ready.

When I'm on the ambulance, it can go from boring to terrifying in an instant, but it's good for a break from the hospital!

I work 10 hours a day, 4 days a week, and then on the ambulance on weekends.

NRA Member
'01 TJ Sahara, 3" BB front, 2.25" BB rear, 1.25 JKS BL, 1" MML, Skyjacker Hydro shocks,33/12.50x15 BFG TA/KO All Terrains homemade disco's, Hi-Lift, CB, GPS
spdcat01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #20
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

After a long stint of not being able to find a job, my uncle finally has the ability to hire me onto his job. He's a landscaping/construction contractor.

I gotta say, when I first got slammed into the construction field (navy) I was pissed. Then after I went to my "A" school I started thinking "man, this ain't half bad". Then after doing some real construction work I realized how fun it is, it's like living out every kids dream of playing with giant tonka toys. You get to play with some cool toys, it's hard and rewarding work, and when you're done... you realize how far you've come. Going from a jagged piece of land to having an entire house/facility built and being able to say you built that massive structure is something you can take home with pride.

It's a trade that will always be around, even after the zombie apocalypse. And you're contributing to society in a big way.

It's also fun tearing down **** that you're gonna rebuild... smashing things with a dozer is awesome.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #21
ajr2409
2004 WJ 

I'm a manager at a music store. We sell guitars, basses, keyboards, drums, and most other instruments and accessories. Live sound equipment, also. Love being around music and other musicians all day, but I deal with my fair share of rude customers/just plain idiots. The only thing that really sucks about my job is that I have to work every Saturday. We're closed Sundays and I get a day off during the week, but not being able to have a real weekend is killing me! Other than that, I really love it!

I do occasional part time work as an EMT, and more occasional part time work testing fire hose.
Unread 11-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #22
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm a pipefitter doing fire suppression systems. Its OK work, been getting real slow lately. This is my third Monday in a row not working due to no work. All of our jobs are finishing up and no many new buildings being built right now.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #23
Cards81fan
2005 KJ Liberty 

Internal auditor for an insurance company. I review total loss and salvage automobile claims to ensure they were handled properly.

With an earthquake and now tornadoes on the ground less than 40 hours later, it's a pretty secure job in Oklahoma That, and it's pretty good for a gear head who wants a desk job!
Unread 11-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #24
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

I test vaccum cleaners. It sucks pretty bad.
Unread 11-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #25
boondocksaint
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsuwarrior View Post
Im a cook and it makes me want to die. Rude customers, uncooperative coworkers, clueless management, and bad pay. At least Im almost done with college so I can get out of this crap for good.
i'm a cook at a wing place/sports bar and i have to deal with all the same crap. worst of all is the girls who are complete idiots or *****es and were only hired because of their looks.

luckily i graduate next semester, and i've been applying for local and federal law enforcement jobs all over the country

White 95 XJ - Jacked up and abused
White 98 XJ - Stock and babied
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #26
KeeptheJeep
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown
I test vaccum cleaners. It sucks pretty bad.
I know what ya mean. I test fans for a living and it blows.
KeeptheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #27
ryan22ddd
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke
I'm a pipefitter doing fire suppression systems. Its OK work, been getting real slow lately. This is my third Monday in a row not working due to no work. All of our jobs are finishing up and no many new buildings being built right now.
Hang in there man. Prayin for work!
ryan22ddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #28
supersport126
1984 CJ7 

I'm a service tech for the banking industry. I'm the guy who fixes the tube systems in the drive thru, and the alarm/cctv systems, and the locks (keyed and combo), and the night drop, atm's, and....oh I could go on and on all day. My jobs has sucked since all these banks got stupid after the market crashed.
supersport126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #29
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

I'm a cheerleader down at the hearing aid factory.
Unread 11-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #30
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdcat01TJ View Post
I'm a Registered Nurse in the preop area at a Level 1 trauma center nearby. I also work part time as an EMT for EMS with the same company. I really like most parts of my jobs. I enjoy meeting people, and helping them understand their surgical procedures, and getting them ready.
I'm an RN on a Tele/Oncology floor. We can go from having great amazing patients, to oh what the hell do I have to give them to sleep through the night. I love what I do, but am moving to ICU here shortly hopefully.
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.