Does your job suck? What do you do? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Does your job suck? What do you do?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
ryan22ddd
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Does your job suck? What do you do?

My job really sucks right now. I'm a local tractor trailer driver for Fedex. I've been on light duty doing paper work in the office since 09/20/11, when I fell out the back door of a broken trailer thus tearing up my shoulder. I hate being in an office. My boss is soooo weird and hard to work for. I am so thankful I'll be back in a truck at full duty this week. What do you guys do? Btw...super thankful I can play on my phone!!!

ryan22ddd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

I supervise a warehouse...it pretty much runs itself now so it's pretty boring...hence JF usage!
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
ryan22ddd
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have a feeling that all who chime in today, will be at work which means the job can't suck entirely. Lol
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
MelloJeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i drive for the teamsters in boston but been out with a back injury since falling in the trailer, sucks sucks sucks injections are on the horizon
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
-Zona-

The worst part of my job is the hours, they are erradic at best. I work on an Army general officer's staff.
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
ryan22ddd
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Zona-
The worst part of my job is the hours, they are erradic at best. I work on an Army general officer's staff.
Mine used to be erratic too. Hang in there. I took a transfer to drive 30 miles farther to get a nine to 6ish gig.
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #7
ryan22ddd
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloJeep
i drive for the teamsters in boston but been out with a back injury since falling in the trailer, sucks sucks sucks injections are on the horizon
Hang in there driver. Injections worked wonders on my shoulder. Luckily no surgery was needed. G-luck.
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #8
ROKNDJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm the guy you see on the news from time to time. My job is to go out and buy peoples property that isnt for sale to run a highway through the property, or put a huge underground gas line in, or to run high power transmission lines across your backyard.

There is no making friends on my job......some quickly realize that you can't/shouldn't fight what I have to do and that I'm the guy who writes the fat checks.

Sucks to be the bad guy but I'm good at what i do and I treat people well and pay them even better.

My second job is as a DJ and concert promoter and booking agent. This is the job I generally tell people I do as most can relate to it more and its certainly more fun to talk about. I book major bands that were famous in the 70's & 80's....and even some 90's. Here are some of the bands I work with ..... Styx, Mothers Finest, Dryvin' N' Crying, Zebra, Rik Emmett (Triumph), Lynch Mob, and many more.
ROKNDJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #9
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

QA Manager @ a component processing firm.

Having some issues with **** right now so I'm taking a Cheez-It break in my office. It doesn't suck, pretty darn good job.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #10
WV_Boltman
2011 JK Wrangler 

Coal miner. I love it, it's very exciting.

Plus I make more than most people with college degrees.
WV_Boltman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #11
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

it only sucks when other people don't do their job.

i work in a UPS warehouse and helping the driver's out this holiday season.
Unread 11-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #12
wsuwarrior

Im a cook and it makes me want to die. Rude customers, uncooperative coworkers, clueless management, and bad pay. At least Im almost done with college so I can get out of this crap for good.
wsuwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #13
ninjakid
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Work parting on WWII aircraft under supervision of my dad who is employed full time on them.
He works full time for one guy and part time for the other, same for me.
Full time job pay sucks but the part time one isn't bad.
12 a hour for cleaning and somewhere around 16'ish for maintenance stuff.
Of course my dad can charge around 50 for the same stuff I do for 16 so I guess compared to him the pay sucks.
Through buying stuff on Craigslist I more or less own the equivalent of half a machine shop (boring bar, hones, valve seat and valve grinder, and so on) so eventually I'm gonna fix up the shed and turn it into a little shop and start rebuilding stuff.
Unread 11-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #14
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I love my job. Most of the time lol. I work in a marina. Pics of pushing a dock down the lake.
You can see Charles stuck on the dock, the company dog. View from the pontoon boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #15
ajobrien
2011 JK Wrangler 

Yep, sucks most of the time. I'm an IT Manager. I'm not really a people person. Don't really like answering questions and managing people. I'm totally in the wrong field although I am grateful I have a job.
ajobrien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.