Does this kid deserve what he got? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Does this kid deserve what he got?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #16
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperdish View Post
To Flying_Bosun:
Thank you for posting my ad and warning other people.

I would like to regard myself not as ****ing idiot but as somebody who is naively trustworthy and hopeful of the good in people.

Leson learned? People suck.

Now, in my defense, the concert was sold out, so $225 for a general admission pass (which could only be picked up the day of the concert) I thought was a great deal.
I paid in cash because originally I was supposed to pay $125 up front and then $100 the day of the concert when I went to pick up the pass. From my post, things didn't fall into place that way.

That would have ended the deal for me. I'll meet him at the concert when he has a ticket in his hand.

Finally, I had figured if it was a scam, why would he give me his number where I could contact him (and still can) and why wouldn't he have just ignored all my calls after getting the $225?

People can buy disposable phones. He didn't ignore you because you kept giving him money.

Oh and I'm a she, not a he.
That makes meeting some wierdo in a park, by yourself, with cash in your hands even worse. I'm not trying to be a turd here, and am sorry you got ripped off, but hopefully you've learned a valuable lesson from all this.

But in the meantime...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
oh you are a she!!!! very nice. we have a few shes around here. Post whatever info you have on the guy that scammed you, and myself and a few other select people on here will harass him plenty
^^Feel free to accept this offer. I've seen the results of when he and the others start digging into these scammers. Hilarity ensues, and you either get your money back, or $225 dollars worth of laughs and satisfaction.

Unread 05-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #17
AlTheKillerr

Quote:
To Flying_Bosun:
Thank you for posting my ad and warning other people.

I would like to regard myself not as ****ing idiot but as somebody who is naively trustworthy and hopeful of the good in people.

Now, in my defense, the concert was sold out, so $225 for a general admission pass (which could only be picked up the day of the concert) I thought was a great deal.
I paid in cash because originally I was supposed to pay $125 up front and then $100 the day of the concert when I went to pick up the pass. From my post, things didn't fall into place that way.

Finally, I had figured if it was a scam, why would he give me his number where I could contact him (and still can) and why wouldn't he have just ignored all my calls after getting the $225?

Oh and I'm a she, not a he.

hey baby, how you doin?
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #18
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:

Buy a $20 Tracfone from Walmart, give somebody the number to scam them out of $225, throw away the phone afterwards, walk away with $205 to buy some drugs. If he still answers the phone, it is only to try to get more money out of you.

Having somebody's phone number doesn't mean chit.

Sorry you got ripped off, chalk it up to a lesson learned. $225 isn't that much, it may save you a lot more money in the future.
Unread 05-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #19
Pepperdish

I was still able to contact him after the concert and I even was supposed to get at least SOME of my money back but then he went out of town.

I ended up paying $300 altogether.

The park that I met him at was just a few blocks from his girlfriend's house. I drove over there and he walked over to the park to collect the money.

And I don't really want to post his phone number because he has mine as well. It would be great to get my money back though.
Pepperdish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #20
austin6137
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

There are no longer any honest people left, if you treat everyone as a scammer and don't trust them your better off. Don't take someone's word unless you see they have what you want to buy or whatever.

To be honest how'd you find this thread
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #21
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was still able to contact him after the concert and I even was supposed to get at least SOME of my money back but then he went out of town.

I ended up paying $300 altogether.

The park that I met him at was just a few blocks from his girlfriend's house. I drove over there and he walked over to the park to collect the money.

And I don't really want to post his phone number because he has mine as well. It would be great to get my money back though.
Post up some info and let JF have their fun. You won't regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #22
zander21510
Lord of Retro Machines

2015 KL Cherokee 

Yeah I gotta say I would never dish out cash without getting something legit in return, weather it be the ticket or some legal agreement that I would get a ticket.

It will be interesting to see what happens...hope you get your money back!
zander21510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #23
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

all I need is as much info as you have about him. Myself, dwbrown, bamajeepman, hurricanRZA, and some others are very good at tracking people's information down.
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #24
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I'm sure we can work around that.

PM someone his #, then he might be selling stuff on craigslist all of a sudden. Or he might be interested in whoring himself out. You never know

See here for inspiration: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/se...up4x4-1326648/

In under an hour, 1stblack07ZJ has all you really need to raise some hell.

Unread 05-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #25
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

pepperdish, did he ever pull out his phone in your presence? If you could remember the basic type of phone it was, that would be awesome. Was it like a smart phone, or something fancy, or was it a brick with a 1" screen? If it was something fancier then it is most definitely his regular use phone, unless this guy is just made of money.
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #26
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
all I need is as much info as you have about him. Myself, dwbrown, bamajeepman, hurricanRZA, and some others are very good at tracking people's information down.
That we are.

Pepper- It wouldn't take us long at all to make this guys life hell. We just need his number.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #27
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin6137

To be honest how'd you find this thread
I had a feeling you guys would be happy to help persuade the perp, Mr Lee, so I sent the link with an invitation to her via the Craigslist posting.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #28
95ZeeJay
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I even was supposed to get at least SOME of my money back but then he went out of town. I ended up paying $300 altogether.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that any time you arrange to get money from him, he's suddenly and mysteriously not gonna be able to make it. Out of town, car broke down, grampa died, dog had puppies, got arrested, abducted by aliens, just had his appendix removed, etc...
52 Willys CJ3a: stock-ish (his)**95 ZJ Laredo 4.0: removable doors, longarm, 8.8 rear, leaks, squeaks, dents, dings, etc (ours)**03 TJ Rubicon: longarm, body lift, 33" Duratracs- SOLD**05 LJ Rubicon: stock (MINE!)
95ZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #29
austin6137
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun View Post
I had a feeling you guys would be happy to help persuade the perp, Mr Lee, so I sent the link with an invitation to her via the Craigslist posting.
Good call, hope this guy gets what he deserves. Pepper look up Charlie Wenzel it was posted earlier, these guys might be acrossed the country but they work miracles. FYI Charlie Wenzel is known well enough my phone automatically capitalized Wenzel lol.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #30
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Sucks but at least it's only a few hundred.

I got a guy that really needs to have his life turned upside. My mom and I invested about 5 grand in some stocks with a guy that worked for me, 2 years later the stocks had tripled (he no longer worked for me) and the **** head only gave me back my initial investment.......stopped responding to me after that.......anybody have some time to kill?

At least we got the initial back but still!
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.