Does this kid deserve what he got? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Does this kid deserve what he got?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Does this kid deserve what he got?

Just spotted this posting from a kid who got scammed in the local Craigslist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist
Hello, Craigslist Folks.

Unfortunately, I'm not selling anything and this posting is probably in the wrong category but that way if you ever recieve an email from this guy or wish to do buisness with him you manage to read this message beforehand.

Back in February I wanted to buy an extra ticket for Radiohead's show at the Santa Barbara Bowl. I had one ticket in my possession already but it was for my friend. This second ticket I was purchasing was for myself so that I would be able to go. I posted a message upon Craigslist stating that I was looking to purchase a ticket for the concert for $250 knowing that they were sold out.

Enter, Brendan Lee. Brendan sent me an email stating that he had worked for several different concerts and events as a promoter and as such, he was given a list for this show and was able to sell the slots on the list to gain entrance to the concert. He said that he had a couple slots left as was looking to fill them before he had to turn the list in.

His email had decent grammar and looked to be legitimate, so I had sent a text message explaining my situation and asking if he had any slots left because I didn't find the email until I was randomly checking my bulk mail much later after it was sent. He promptly called me right away and said that he still had the slots left and was looking to sell them for $350 each. I told him that I didn't want to pay that much and was looking to spend $250. He stated that he would accept that price and if I even drove to meet him, I would only pay $225. Ecstatic with my luck, I agreed to meet him within a few days at park by where his girlfriend lived.

I met him and paid $125 to set a deposit for the concert ticket/ list slot. He seemed legitimate but because there was no physical ticket I was still nervous. He assured me that there was nothing to worry about and that he would turn the list in in a few days and I would promptly recieve a confirmation email from the Santa Barbara Bowl.

The next few days I waited and recieved no email. I sent a text message asking what happened to no response. Eventually after waiting a while he called me back and said that because he was recently screwed over by another Craiglist user he was going to need the other $100 instead of the day of the concert when I was supposed to pay after I recieved my ticket. Determined for the ticket, I drove over once again and have him the final amount on march 19th.

A few days passed again and I still never recieved any sort of email. I sent text messages and called over the next couple of weeks asking about what was going only to be ignored or told that the list would be turned in soon.

On April 1st, 11 days before the concert, he called me saying that he had one slot left he and his cousin were trying to sell but they needed another slot because the only buyer they had was his friend Frank and his girlfriend. Because I paid the least amount after selling the rest of the tickets for $350 his cousin was demanding that I pay more or he would have to refund me my money. I was frustrated because we had agreed upon a settled amount but I needed that ticket and I didn't want the refund, I wanted the ticket! We settled upon paying an extra $75, to bring the total amount to $300. I drove over one last time, by myself to the same park at night after work and paid the money. He assured me that I would get my email soon and then be able to pick up my ticket at the Bowl.

I never recieved a confirmation email.

I had to keep calling over the next 11 days, constantly asking what was going on, where the email was, what was going to happen, etc.

On the day of the concert, my friend who I purchased a ticket for couldn't go. Defeated with this transaction between Brendan and I, I drove to Santa Barbara with my backup ticket and sent one final text message asking what was going on and whether he himself would be at the concert like he said. I finally recieved a response stating that his cousin was at Vegas for the weekend and was barely driving down to Santa Barbara to turn in the list. I told him I didn't need the ticket anymore and that if he wanted to resell the ticket and refund my money that would be fine. I recieved no response and sent, "Well whatever happens, please keep me updated."

I lucked out with my other ticket and never heard back from Brendan for the rest of the night. I sent a text after Other lives performed and we were waiting for Radiohead to appear onstage asking what happened with no response.

At the end of the night I sent a message saying that I would need a refund. Brendan however, immediately texted back asking what the hell I was talking about because there was a ticket for me at Willcall... I was dumbfounded! I had never recieved any confirmation of the sort that the ticket was ever there! I called him and told him that I never got the ticket and that I didn't even know that there was one. He called his friend who was working the concert and said that there was only one ticket left and there was supposed to be two, so his cousin must have taken my ticket as an extra, leaving just his ticket left because he wasn't able to go.

At this point I agreed to getting at $250 of my money back and that I would drive out there again on Saturday night. Unfortunately, I was unable to go Saturday and asked if I could pick up the money on Monday. I never recieved a response until yesterday, stating that he was out of town and would call me in a couple weeks and that's why he wanted me to pick up the money on Saturday.

I was furious and demanded that I recieve my refund no later than Friday after all the hassle I had been put through but he told me to F*** off.

Long story short, BUYER BEWARE! DO NOT TRUST BRENDAN LEE!

If you have any advice or questions, please email me! I still want my refund and I have no idea what to do!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2965690449
What do you think?

[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Did he deserve to get robbed? No

Is he a ****ing idiot? Yes
Unread 05-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

He didn't need to get robbed, but yup. For starters, he never should have met this guy at "some park" with cash in hand. 2) He never should have agreed to any transaction without the physical ticket. 3) He's an idiot for spending $300 or whatever bucks to go see Radiohead. I like Radiohead, but not $300 like. I don't like any band that much.

Unless Hendrix has been reincarnated, no thanks. Even then, I'd only go see him once at that price.

Hope this wasn't actually you f_b!
Unread 05-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

Wow, hook, line and sinker. The buyer is a suckerfish.
jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorRenegade View Post
Bwahaha! on so many levels! Just for the record, no, it's not me, but off the record I did get myself ripped off once trying to buy some smoke once when I was a 17.

I agree that the kid was dumb, but I just hate scammers. (Hmmm, I wonder if I hate scammers so much from the trauma of not scoring weed that night)

I posted this thinking of Charlie Wenzel, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbojeepman View Post
Wow, hook, line and sinker. The buyer is a suckerfish.
Without a bottom, there would be no bottom-feeders...
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun View Post
off the record I did get myself ripped off once trying to buy some smoke once when I was a 17.
lol well, that **** happens sometimes. In high school I once sold a bunch of fray I pulled off the bottom of my jeans that I rolled up, to some kid for 10 bucks.

Hey...he said it smelled awesome. Who was I to argue?
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
lol well, that **** happens sometimes. In high school I once sold a bunch of fray I pulled off the bottom of my jeans that I rolled up, to some kid for 10 bucks.

Hey...he said it smelled awesome. Who was I to argue?
So, it was YOU!!!

― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

Unread 05-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #8
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I had nothin' t'do with it. I am nowhere near 34*24'N, 119*42'W

I'm all the way over here +42° 17' 54.02", -83° 1' 31.44"

So.....how were the Levi's anyways? lol
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #9
Indy

Quote:
He didn't need to get robbed, but yup. For starters, he never should have met this guy at "some park" with cash in hand. 2) He never should have agreed to any transaction without the physical ticket. 3) He's an idiot for spending $300 or whatever bucks to go see Radiohead. I like Radiohead, but not $300 like. I don't like any band that much.

Unless Hendrix has been reincarnated, no thanks. Even then, I'd only go see him once at that price.

I would easily pay 300 to see zombie hendrix.
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #10
the_weirdo
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Some lessons cost $300 to learn. Glad it was that cheap for him.
the_weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #11
Pepperdish

To Flying_Bosun:
Thank you for posting my ad and warning other people.

I would like to regard myself not as ****ing idiot but as somebody who is naively trustworthy and hopeful of the good in people.

Now, in my defense, the concert was sold out, so $225 for a general admission pass (which could only be picked up the day of the concert) I thought was a great deal.
I paid in cash because originally I was supposed to pay $125 up front and then $100 the day of the concert when I went to pick up the pass. From my post, things didn't fall into place that way.

Finally, I had figured if it was a scam, why would he give me his number where I could contact him (and still can) and why wouldn't he have just ignored all my calls after getting the $225?

Oh and I'm a she, not a he.
Pepperdish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #12
95ZeeJay
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Valuable lesson learned, huh?
Post his number up!
52 Willys CJ3a: stock-ish (his)**95 ZJ Laredo 4.0: removable doors, longarm, 8.8 rear, leaks, squeaks, dents, dings, etc (ours)**03 TJ Rubicon: longarm, body lift, 33" Duratracs- SOLD**05 LJ Rubicon: stock (MINE!)
95ZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #13
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperdish View Post
To Flying_Bosun:
Thank you for posting my ad and warning other people.

I would like to regard myself not as ****ing idiot but as somebody who is naively trustworthy and hopeful of the good in people.

Now, in my defense, the concert was sold out, so $225 for a general admission pass (which could only be picked up the day of the concert) I thought was a great deal.
I paid in cash because originally I was supposed to pay $125 up front and then $100 the day of the concert when I went to pick up the pass. From my post, things didn't fall into place that way.

Finally, I had figured if it was a scam, why would he give me his number where I could contact him (and still can) and why wouldn't he have just ignored all my calls after getting the $225?

Oh and I'm a she, not a he.
oh you are a she!!!! very nice. we have a few shes around here. Post whatever info you have on the guy that scammed you, and myself and a few other select people on here will harass him plenty
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #14
Bojeepus
1995 YJ Wrangler 

its a he/she!!!!!!!
(97 zj 5.2L Orvis ed. 32in tires newest in collection)

http://www.tnjeeps.com
Bojeepus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #15
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojeepus View Post
its a he/she!!!!!!!
the funny... I do not see it
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.