Do you not speak to a sibling? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Do you not speak to a sibling?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #61
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

imagesca3jpqv8.jpg

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #62
legato
1995 YJ Wrangler 

here is the video, its even more hilarious!
`

Unread 07-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #63
L_Kilkenny
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have a sister that I haven't spoken to for years and not all by my choice. She's always been "how she is", an over bearing, over controlling freak. Problems with the folks growing up yet they always welcomed her back, daughter that wants nothing to do with her, ex husband (kinda a duh), lot's of ex friends and so on. Dis-ownment started a few years ago. Long story short, She went off the handle on my Dad (asked advice about her son and didn't like the answer) and disowned the family. Kept her mentally challenged son locked up in a house, No friends allowed, even home schooled, video camera on desk, he couldn't move without her seeing him do it from her work. She refused to let anyone from the family see him or even talk to him, stopped coming to any family events, so on. Went as far as to call the cops on the kid when they got in a fight that she started. 2 years this went on, Kid turned 18 six months ago, moved out same day.

That is the last day anyone from the family has talked to her. And not for trying. Son has tried contacting her many times, Dad even tried calling to wish her happy B-Day earlier this month, left message on phone, no response back. From what I understand she sits alone over in that big house every night slurping down a 12 pack of beer and reading her bible. Pretty much what she had been doing the last 2 years with the kid there.

Me? While she instigated the whole thing I wouldn't let her back in my life FOR NOTHING. Could care less about anything she may of done to me in the past but what she has done to her kids and my folks is unforgivable. She can go rot the evil .........
L_Kilkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #64
pushead

I can not say much other than most of my friends of 10 years plus are shocked when they find out I have a sister and they are even further set back when they hear I have two of them. Every blue moon one of my cousins fills me in that my Father is still breathing. If he cared at all he would go ahead and die this year so I could get a week of paid vacation for
grievance . I am out of sick time from my twins being born.
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #65
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

Haven't talked to any of my family since my mother died in 2003. My step dad died in 1998 and the wife and I moved back from Florida to watch over mom. She lived in the country with no neighbors and my 2 sisters lived over 40 miles away and I knew they would not be there every day for her. We lived with mom for about a year until we got our place just 3 miles down the road. I did the best I could to take care of her, although she was self sufficient until the end driving and everything, even though I was working 6 and 7 days a week. When she died everything went good through the funeral. After everything was said and done, for some reason I was the bad guy.

I think my wife has a lot to do with it as she is a very hard person and did not get along with my mom very good. My family has never told me why they are upset and I do not care at this point. I have only had contact with 2 of my nieces from my younger sister and that is mainly Xmas cards.

If any one of them shows up on my door step, I will inform them that they are trespassing, while on the phone with 911, and inform them that if they do not leave I will shoot them. All while holding my 9MM. I have written my entire family out of my will, so they will not get anything of what little I have. Everything will go to my wife's family and charity.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #66
legato
1995 YJ Wrangler 

pushead, that's horrible, man; care to elaborate? if you don't feel like it then that is fine.
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #67
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I don't speak to any one from my family but one of my brothers. I am the 2nd oldest of 5 siblings. I hate my aunts and uncles on both sides of my family, most of my cousins are worthles pieces of ****, and i cant stand my parents. None of my family came to my wedding almost 10 years ago, and talk **** about me and my wife, that we are uppity snobs. I am a very humble person, and my wife is a wonderful person who helped raise 3 awesome children. It bugs me ro no end that people can be humugus piles of shyt. Sorry for the rant....
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #68
pushead

Quote:
Originally Posted by legato View Post
pushead, that's horrible, man; care to elaborate? if you don't feel like it then that is fine.
Not much more to say. My old man is a walking POS. He can not even tell you any of his grandchildrens names. I dont mean just my kids either. He spent his hole life drinking and targeting old ladies he could move in with so he could rob them for any thing he could. To try and talk to me one time he invited me over to his victims house to let me pick out what of hers I wanted. I saw him at my uncles funeral a few years ago and he showed up with a 80 year old prostitute dressed like Tammy Fay Baker. After the funeral he hit up my Aunt (the widow) for a few thousand using the sympathy card. My cousin has told me since then he has managed to get close to $10,000 in a matter of 2 months before she cut the pos off. So I have no use for this guy other than a paid week off of work. Should happen any time know, I heard he has cancer now but he has been on his death bed multiple times. Well at least as I am told.

As for my sisters they each have their own issues I cannot live with. One is entirley to self centered, which she is now almost 50 and just figuring out how awfull she has been and what she lost because of it. The other has a thing for picking the biggest losers in the world and bringing them into her life. I can not respect a person who lets her babys daddy come to the house and tells her kid he needs to go to bed early because the maintaince man (AKA Babies real father) is here and they need to talk. Once he leaves her heroin addict boyfriend comes home and dots her eye for it. Kid still does not know who his father is and he is in his 20s now and pretty fd up.

Mom and sisters all betrayed me when I had someone very close to me do something very stupid which made national news in a huge way. They didnt support me at all and trashed someone very dear to me. After that I had enough and woke up one morning quit my job rented a uhaul and moved 1,500 miles away and 18 years later still have only spoken or seen any of them a handfull of times at best. I know have a great stay at home wife 4 kids and make a decent living.
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #69
legato
1995 YJ Wrangler 

that sucks, man but at least you're doing well.
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #70
ukjeeper
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Haven't seen or heard from my Step-Brother since i ripped him a new one at Easter. No loss. Definition of ******. DUI convictions, jail time for various ****, only stayed married for less than a year before she quit, treats the rest of us like *******s, etc. You name it.

Adopted Father's Alzheimer's has progressed to the point where he doesn't know who anyone is. Again, no great loss. Bailed when i was about 12 (i'm now 46) and we'd hear he'd been in town occasionally from his friends, but never came to see us. Sibling guilt meant i'd go see him at xmas, but now i'm free from that too. Highly doubt i'll bother at funeral time. Sister will be pissed but hey ho.

Edit: I'll throw this in too. Found my birth mother last year (google fu is strong with me!), wrote her a letter (old school). Got a reply back saying "Glad you're ok, don't contact me again". So i guess that counts...
ukjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #71
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I love and get along great with all my family. Just thought I would share a pretty cool but sad story about my grandfather. We don't know his real name, my sister has pieced together enough that she believes she knows how he came up with the name he assumed in 1912.

My grandfather left home in Charleston SC and came to Atlanta with his best friend in 1912, he was 14 years old. We don't know what happened but he never spoke to his family again. He swore his best friend to secrecy to never reveal his name or the names of his family.

We think his first name was the last name of his favorite newspaper columnist, his middle name was Mack, we think that came from his last name, McDonald, McDougal, Mc-something. He definitely looked Scottish. We think his last name was his Grandmother's maiden name, we know he lived with her for a short period before her death. Upon his death in 1982 my grandmother asked his best friend questions about my grandfather's childhood and what his real name was. He replied his real name was what he went by since 1912 and I made a promise to one of the greatest men to ever walk the earth and I wont break it.

A few years later somehow my father was able to find someone that knew my grandfather in Charleston and was going to visit them. My grandfathers friend told him that my grandfather wouldn't approve of it, they are nothing but trash and to let sleeping dogs lie so my father dropped it.

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 02:40 AM   #72
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I love and get along great with all my family. Just thought I would share a pretty cool but sad story about my grandfather. We don't know his real name, my sister has pieced together enough that she believes she knows how he came up with the name he assumed in 1912.

My grandfather left home in Charleston SC and came to Atlanta with his best friend in 1912, he was 14 years old. We don't know what happened but he never spoke to his family again. He swore his best friend to secrecy to never reveal his name or the names of his family.

We think his first name was the last name of his favorite newspaper columnist, his middle name was Mack, we think that came from his last name, McDonald, McDougal, Mc-something. He definitely looked Scottish. We think his last name was his Grandmother's maiden name, we know he lived with her for a short period before her death. Upon his death in 1982 my grandmother asked his best friend questions about my grandfather's childhood and what his real name was. He replied his real name was what he went by since 1912 and I made a promise to one of the greatest men to ever walk the earth and I wont break it.

A few years later somehow my father was able to find someone that knew my grandfather in Charleston and was going to visit them. My grandfathers friend told him that my grandfather wouldn't approve of it, they are nothing but trash and to let sleeping dogs lie so my father dropped it.
That's actually a really interesting story. I would be tempted to discover the truth, but hesitant at the same time because that might open a pandora's box. He had a reason for what he did.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #73
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i talk to my sister at most once a year. only because we're related. My mother on the other hand. I will dance on her grave.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.