Do you not speak to a sibling? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Do you not speak to a sibling?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #46
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max
I've written them all off, they are dead to me. I wouldn't piss down their throats if their guts were on fire. F*** them all, they can burn in Hell.

Max
Jeez I guess we know how you got your handle, lol.

Unread 07-15-2013, 06:06 AM   #47
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJ4X4 View Post

Jeez I guess we know how you got your handle, lol.
LOL! That's funny, I never considered that while I was composing that post!

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #48
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

2 years later update.... Neither brother came to wedding. Parents haven't spoken to me since wedding day. And somehow, I'm enjoying my own life enough to not care.

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #49
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I dont speak to my little sister. At all. I say hi to her at family gatherings but besides that, nothing. She decided to take the path in life that I do not agree with (weed, excessive drinking and idiot boyfriends) so I chose not to associate myself.
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #50
fillerup
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, those are some stories.

I'm on the flip side; I'm the only boy with four sisters. One day my youngest sister calls me and told me she was "dis-owning" me as a brother. She said she never wanted to talk to me again and if asked she will say that she has no brother only three sisters. I said fine but at least tell me why you are doing this and she said she didn't want to talk about it now and I'll find out soon enough.

Well that was over twenty years ago and I never did find out why I was dis-owned and she hasn't spoken to me since.
fillerup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #51
bobjp

This thread is depressing. All I can think is that some people had some really ****ty parents.
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #52
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp View Post
This thread is depressing. All I can think is that some people had some really ****ty parents.
Parents can only do so much.
Unread 07-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #53
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

I'm the youngest of three. Im 20, the middle brother is 26 and the oldest is 29. I am closer to the middle brother because he lived with me and my parents through out most of his college life, and he is back an forth living with us trying to get his life figured out. No big deal, he has a bachelors in Photography from the Art Institute and is trying to find a place to live where he can make a living off of that. For now, he works in a rock yard that he is a manager of that he has worked at for 6 years now. I am some what close with my older brother, but the age difference really effected that. I was in elementary school when he was going to college. I don't have a problem with either of them, and I don't think they have ever done, or ever will do something that will make me not talk to them. Mostly because both of them are level headed.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #54
SPRSLO

I'm an only child, but my parents did enough damage to me without the help of a sibling. My Dad is around, but more a friend than anything, and a constant source of let down the two or three times I see him and my stepmom a year. My real mom disappeared on my 5th bday to continue her life of hard drugs. I don't recall at what age, but eventually she'd send a card at Xmas and my Bday with a $100 in it, but never a return address. I yearned for that address for years. Then on my 15th bday she finally wrote a letter saying I was old enough that if I wanted to meet her, I could. So I did... I'm 30 now, and have seen her maybe 6 times since then. She's seen my 6 yr old daughter twice, both less than a year old, and never seen my son. We lived in the same town for years before she moved to South Carolina to pursue whatever it was. After only receiving Xmas phone calls, I decided to finally tell her to go away and forget I was ever born. That was 5 years ago, and I don't regret it a bit. If she loved me, she would have made an effort. She owed me the attention and effort, not the other way around. She didn't make it, she messed my head up with women and commitment so much it ruined relationship after relationship for me, and almost killed my marriage, but luckily the wife was patient. It's hard to write off a family member, but as others have said, you can only do so much, and I have to keep looking forward for my kids at this point.
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #55
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I think what makes it so difficult to write-off siblings is the fact that an ongoing struggle can cause a strain on the entire family. For instance, my father and his sister recently had a falling out, and the only reason he is even peaceful to her instead of telling her to go **** herself is because he needs to appease his parents. In my case, I certainly feel my distaste for her as a human being has caused a strain on my parents, because they want me to be kind to her and cut her some slack. It upsets them when they see me disregarding her or laughing at everything that comes out of her mouth.
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #56
SPRSLO

As a parent, if one of my two kids turned out disappointing, my feelings would be hurt if my other kid made fun. Its a constant reminder that I could have done more to make them better. I can definitely see where yours are coming from, but it completely defies human nature to just turn a cheek and put on a happy face. Its hard enough for me to grin and bear my Dad being an alcoholic and pretend to ignore it. But if they started mooching off me to support their addiction, I'd be out.
Unread 07-17-2013, 03:18 AM   #57
legato
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Parents can only do so much.
agreed. my father gave way too many second chances because he didn't have a father growing up and lived a very sad and tough life. i try to live my life as best as i can, to the point that my parents would agree/be proud of everything i do. i consider my life a tribute to my father as i consider him in everything i do. at least my brothers aren't nearly as bad as some of you guys that have posted here, no offense, but i know they can do better.
Unread 07-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #58
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremz8 View Post
im starting to feel this way about my mom, she is the reason i dont respect women.
this...

i havent spoken to my mom in over a year and some change. i plan to keep it that way.
Unread 07-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #59
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Man, this thread really is depressing.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #60
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm glad I'm an only child with good parents...
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.