Do you not speak to a sibling? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Do you not speak to a sibling?

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 03-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Do you not speak to a sibling?

My mother always stated that it's sad when family members cannot get along, and that you should always have respect since you're "blood". I tried to retain this mindset, but I've reached a breaking point in which I can no longer fake being happy around my sister. I'm 19 and my sister is 23. I absolutely despise her. She is everything that I dislike in a human being...literally, she exhibits what I like to call the worst traits in someone's character. Have any of you ever reached a point where you just couldn't pretend anymore, and continually expressed your distaste for a sibling if an opportunity caused you to? I feel guilty in this blow-up that I had with her not too long ago, but I have begun to think the "respect your family" thing is a bunch of hogwash in certain instances.

Marconis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
Rob99
You come back...one year!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

You can choose your friends, you can't choose your family. I have a sister I don't speak to much. She's made some choices I do not agree with and let her know about it.
Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I think letting her know about her stupid decisions and way of life is why we get into so many fights. While my parents **** on her sometimes, everyone generally keeps their mouth shut because she blows up in anger. I, on the other hand, feel it necessary to tell her when she's being an *******.
Unread 03-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
bremz8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

im starting to feel this way about my mom, she is the reason i dont respect women.
Unread 03-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I barely speak with my sister. growing up she took every opportunity to ruin anything and everything I had going, and would sell me down the river if it made her "better"

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Rob99
You come back...one year!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconis View Post
I think letting her know about her stupid decisions and way of life is why we get into so many fights. While my parents **** on her sometimes, everyone generally keeps their mouth shut because she blows up in anger. I, on the other hand, feel it necessary to tell her when she's being an *******.
The way I see it, if a friend were to screw you over repeatedly would you continue being their friend? Probably not. So I don't see why just because a person came out of the same womb as you, they should get a free pass to keep screwing you over.
Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
The way I see it, if a friend were to screw you over repeatedly would you continue being their friend? Probably not. So I don't see why just because a person came out of the same womb as you, they should get a free pass to keep screwing you over.
Great point. Thanks, Rob.
Unread 03-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #8
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

I only ignore mine when I know they want to raid my DVD collection!
Unread 03-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #9
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post

Bingo you hit the screw on the head!!!!

Chris
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #10
warrior99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kzv View Post
Bingo you hit the screw on the head!!!!

Chris
[z] . [z]--O-[z]
warrior99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Think he means nail
Unread 03-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #12
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconis View Post
Think he means nail

Nope I meant screw nails are too easy for this subject!!!!

Chris
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #13
ExpressoNate
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I hate talking to my sister. She's 23 and acts 10. I'm 21, and refuse to put up with it.
Leave her alone is the best bet. When your forced to talk to her, avoid anything meaningfull unless she initiates it.
~Nate

Crashing sucks!

Save money by using [url]www.advanceauto.com[/url]. Click my referral link to save up to 40% off retail cost! [url]http://advanceautoparts.tellapal.com/a/clk/7l10p[/url]
ExpressoNate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #14
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpressoNate View Post
I hate talking to my sister. She's 23 and acts 10. I'm 21, and refuse to put up with it.
Leave her alone is the best bet. When your forced to talk to her, avoid anything meaningfull unless she initiates it.
~Nate
The whole reason that I posted this is because a fight was triggered when she informed us that she'd be staying another night at our (My brother and I) apartment. She has been here since Thursday, and I won't take it anymore. She leaves her **** around...she brings two gigantic bags and leaves them spread open in the corner and it makes my apartment look like ****. So, when I asked if she was staying another night, and she said yep and smiled, I got pissed. I live in a ****ing two bedroom, and I don't like having my living room trashed. I'm fine with her sleeping here once a week or something if she needs to be close to the city, but *******, don't stay here for four ****ing days. She knows I hate when she stays here, but I'm "Such an *******." for feeling that way.
Unread 03-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #15
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

im 28 and the oldest of 3 boys. the youngest, at 23 is homosexual, and the middle one is 24. the middle brother i do not speak to. he does not exist to me. he tried to hit my fiance one night and my dad had to hold him back. (his wife has told us he has hit her a few times) i forgave him after he apologized to her, not me, and that was that. about 9 months later, it happened again, right before his kidney transplant. this time i chose to not speak to him anymore, thinking that maybe if i did this, it would finally show him what a **** he is. (he barely grad high school bc my mom did his final projects, no college, works for father in-law, and has just generally had his way his entire life. his wife even puts out his meds for him as he's too lazy) i turned down his request to be best man in his wedding, and that was that. needless to say, family functions are a blast. everyone in the family dislikes him and his wife bc they thrive on drama, while my fiance and i are pretty laid back people. our wedding is in june, and it is the general consensus of the family to not invite them. (i had already made this decision, as it was solely mine to make) my mother doesnt know yet, and i hadnt planned on telling her until she blatantly asks me.

on the topic, it's really your call. in my opinion, he was raised better than that and should know how to respect women. that's all i want, to not be a violent ******* who targets women, and he blatantly refuses to apologize. so until he does, he's not good enough to be my bro. this is the condensed version, as i didnt want to take up the whole thread. just my 2 cents...

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.