do people eat spam anymore?!?! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > do people eat spam anymore?!?!

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #46
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
Allow me to post some pics of my typical camping breakfast.... the SPAMwich. SPAM, mayo, egg, white bread, tobasco, and bacon.....
What?! No Johnny's seasoning salt?

I love Spam but I only allow myself to have it when I go camping or hiking. Almost that time....

PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #47
tjozzie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm sad to see that I'm not the first one to bring the wonderfullness of spam fried rice to the jeepforum.com community, but I'm happy to see that other peeps have experienced this greatness! BTW, it's also good in plain white steamed rice and also in scrambled eggs. Now I'm off to try the grilled spam and cheese sandwich.

Oz
tjozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #48
hotmomma
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Spam is nasty, guys. Just nasty.
Unread 04-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #49
spife7980
1997 ZJ 

we always fry it up with some potatoes and onions salt pepper and a little olive oil i believe. its awesome. i love the stuff like that pr fried or any way so long as its cooked/fried. i know its precooked but that way it is just gross to me
JCR Stage 2 Sliders, IRO Trans Skid, Carolina Drive shaft, IRO exhaust
spife7980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #50
dawnskaybug
2005 LJ Wrangler 

This is from Guams Smoking wheels ....
It starts Friday we get international coverage (my Jeeps been in Jap mags..) Outdoor TV is here Malcolm Smith has been here for a week or 2..(MSR) for you non motocross guys

I live in guam Im a Haole..
But I love it here,,,,
The Email ...

competitors are allowed one cooler (small personal cooler) like a 12 packer.
We were told that no alcoholic beverages will be allowed. Miller has hired an outside security agency to police coolers. Competitors will also be allowed some cooked food to be brought in like sandwiches or tupperware with rice and spam.

The thing is Guam is about the BBQ ... Not memphis style not st. loiuis style ...
Guam style...
Red rice and finadene with Guam style ribs kicks any midwestern towns arse...

Untill you have tried it..
1200 series Tractor tires (37x10)
Warn winch stinger
Lotsa trail damage
dawnskaybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 07:31 AM   #51
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

American culture can be boiled down and represented by Spam, Velveeta, and a nice cold Budweiser.

We are a processed food nation. Be proud of it.

Spam; it's what we settle on for dinner.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 07:47 AM   #52
sheila_the_xj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

well im glad to see theres still SOME real americans alive today!!!! theres nothing better than a fried spam and mustard sandwich on toast!
sheila_the_xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #53
hend040
2002 TJ Wrangler 

there is a national cook off every year in which the goal is to see who can make the best meal using spam
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food-netw...off/index.html
hend040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #54
Oregun
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I just ate a fried spamwich the other night for dinner.
Oregun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #55
ShantasticZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnskaybug View Post
This is from Guams Smoking wheels ....
It starts Friday we get international coverage (my Jeeps been in Jap mags..) Outdoor TV is here Malcolm Smith has been here for a week or 2..(MSR) for you non motocross guys

I live in guam Im a Haole..
But I love it here,,,,
The Email ...

competitors are allowed one cooler (small personal cooler) like a 12 packer.
We were told that no alcoholic beverages will be allowed. Miller has hired an outside security agency to police coolers. Competitors will also be allowed some cooked food to be brought in like sandwiches or tupperware with rice and spam.

The thing is Guam is about the BBQ ... Not memphis style not st. loiuis style ...
Guam style...
Red rice and finadene with Guam style ribs kicks any midwestern towns arse...

Untill you have tried it..
Everything cooked in soy sauce and vinegar. yum yum yum yum...... My hubby's best friend is Guamanian. HUGE freaking family, lots of spam consumption lol.
LOOK!!! I escaped the kitchen!!!!

HERS: 98 5.2 ZJ Loredo. 249 to 242 Swap. Skyjacker Hydro shocks, Painted Canyons, Bedliner on the rocker panels. Front tow hooks. 2" Budget Boost. 31" SXT a/t.

HIS: Black 88 4.0 XJ Limited. De-striped, roof rack, 31" BFG's. Lifted with 3" rusty's coils, s-10 bastard pack, Rancho shocks up front, and F-150 shocks in back.
Theirs: 85 XJ 2dr 5 speed, v6, junkyard build trail rig/project
1986 F-150 The Purple Beast! 300 I6, tow package, granny stick, 3" body lift and 35" wild country's
ShantasticZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 10:45 AM   #56
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputtle View Post
Everything cooked in soy sauce and vinegar. yum yum yum yum...... My hubby's best friend is Guamanian. HUGE freaking family, lots of spam consumption lol.
Sputtle, there's alot of Guamanians in your neck of the PacificNorthwet. Have you ever been to the Guam labor day event in Camas? Also, the vinegar and soyu finadene is ok, but I prefer lemon/lime juice with soyu plus some nice hot red peppers!
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #57
ShantasticZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
Sputtle, there's alot of Guamanians in your neck of the PacificNorthwet. Have you ever been to the Guam labor day event in Camas? Also, the vinegar and soyu finadene is ok, but I prefer lemon/lime juice with soyu plus some nice hot red peppers!
He has said that there are a lot up here. He won't date a guamanian girl. He's afraid he would find out later that they are related haha. I just know our buddy and his ginormous family. I don't eat the finadene. Hubby loves it though. They make it with vinegar soy and lots of peppers. I could eat lumpia until I pop though!
LOOK!!! I escaped the kitchen!!!!

HERS: 98 5.2 ZJ Loredo. 249 to 242 Swap. Skyjacker Hydro shocks, Painted Canyons, Bedliner on the rocker panels. Front tow hooks. 2" Budget Boost. 31" SXT a/t.

HIS: Black 88 4.0 XJ Limited. De-striped, roof rack, 31" BFG's. Lifted with 3" rusty's coils, s-10 bastard pack, Rancho shocks up front, and F-150 shocks in back.
Theirs: 85 XJ 2dr 5 speed, v6, junkyard build trail rig/project
1986 F-150 The Purple Beast! 300 I6, tow package, granny stick, 3" body lift and 35" wild country's
ShantasticZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #58
CockyB
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
For those of you who are making spamwiches, try cutting it the other way - you'll end up with 1 nice piece as opposed to two smaller pieces. I personally enjoy Spam Musubi...

Spent 2 years in Hawaii. I ate these at least once a week. Soooo good at 2am on your way home from the bars.
Red Jeep Club #492
http://www.jbccoffroad.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS33 View Post
Stop spelling "advice" with an S instead of a C. Advise is a verb, advice is a noun. EXAMPLES:
"Thanks for the advice."
"I advise you to learn how to spell."
CockyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 04:47 AM   #59
dawnskaybug
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have a Guam SPAM can....
Its like commerative...
But Damn Spam fried rice kicks arse...
Finadene and Guam Red rice (which you can buy at KFC here) not Mexican red rice...
Some meat on a stick....
Kelaguan...
And after eating make a quick stop to the G-Spot strip club....
Hafa Adai..
We are who that protects you more than you know...
1200 series Tractor tires (37x10)
Warn winch stinger
Lotsa trail damage
dawnskaybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 07:18 AM   #60
02_limited
2002 WJ 

I thought spam was used for catfish bait?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.