Do I need a hard top? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Do I need a hard top?

Steinjager TJ tube doorsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-24-2001, 01:11 AM   #1
runner

Do I need a hard top?

I bought a '00 TJ with Half-doors in April. Will I need a hard-top for winter in New England? How good is this heater? Or...how cold is this top?

Unread 08-24-2001, 10:36 AM   #2
goofus
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I did last winter with a soft top in CT. It isn't any colder, but the ice sucks. And so does the road salt.
My biggest problem was I couldn't drive through an auto car wash in the dead of winter. Look around on bargainnews.com for hard top. I just bought on off a 98 TJ for $400 last month. Now if I can just find a pair of full doors...
You can try salvage yards in New England, but they are all pretty expensive. Dudes want $1000 for a pair of full doors that have been through a fatal accident!
2000 SE
1997 XJ
85 FJ-60
goofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2001, 01:28 PM   #3
jmsjeep

Is this the famous John from RI that drives a red topless TJ wearing a tie?
My thoughts are you can get through a NE winter with a soft top and a heater on high when its not your daily driver. If its your daily driver your in for some miserable morning commutes. (If you notice in the previous post he did it for only 1 winter)

'89 YJ 4 banger all stock, replacing all the worn out guts first, 97 grand cherokee limited
jmsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2001, 03:39 PM   #4
wrongway

goofus you DOG. $400?, geeshh some guys have all the luck. I have been searching for one for over a year and caint find one under $800 plus some $195+ for shipping. 97 TJ
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2001, 12:29 AM   #5
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

My buddy Chris owned a CJ7 for a few years .. it came with a bikini only .. no doors or anything. He drove it as his only vehicle all year around .. and worked way out of town at the ski-hill all winter.

He absolutly loved it .. and got the weirdest looks as he was sliding around on the icy corners

This also was here in Calgary .. gets cool in the winter
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.