DIY Flat Black Paint Job? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > DIY Flat Black Paint Job?

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #16
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks again everyone. I think I'm going to go the rattle can route as I don't feel like buying a spray gun & my little air compressor would probably die trying to do the whole thing.

Wish me luck.

Unread 02-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #17
ncarr
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That's kinda dangerous. I'd ask Al Sharpton first. Jesse Jackson at the VERY least.
ncarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #18
kunzcl
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVC View Post
Here is my rattle canned 64' Duce. I get trophies all the time with this pile!

Va Beach boardwalk.. gotta love it. Just moved from the beach to NM (Air Force).

Looks great though. What kind of prep work did you put into it? I'm trying to repaint my red TJ and it looks like you have it all figured out
kunzcl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #19
toolcreep

paint question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg View Post
I'll put up a pic of my VR-4 that I rattle canned black. I just sanded w/ 320 grit, cleaned (terry cloth followed by tack cloth), taped (WSJ finally comes in handy), and sprayed (lightly at first then heavier, until each panel has enough paint on it). No post-paint buffing or anything. It's not exactly rocket science, and it's a lot of fun. I used Duplicolor 'Hot Rod Black' paint.

I realize that these were posted many years ago, but in case anyone here might read this and happens to know......

I am getting ready to rattle-can my car and lawdogg's looks great!! Would the Hot Rod black he used be the "sandable primer"? That is the only thing that is coming up in a search of Dupli-Color products....just want to make sure I'm looking at the right thing.

Thanks a bunch!!!!
Michelle
toolcreep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.