Dirtbikes- what/where do you ride? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Dirtbikes- what/where do you ride?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-14-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Dirtbikes- what/where do you ride?

Curious to see what everyone rides and what kind of terrain y'all like to ride in.

I didn't have a bike for quite some time but earlier this year I picked up an 03 YZ125 for a screamin deal. Born and bred on two strokes, and that's where my heart will always be- as long as they're around at least! There's just something about the sound and smell from a two stroke that makes riding that much more enjoyable for me. The vast majority of my friends all ride 4 strokes since that's what they started with, but I'll always take a playful, light, easy to work on two stroke any day plus I'm a little guy (5'4 130 lb) so I don't have much of an issue on hill climbs

Never been a track kind of guy, always enjoyed OHV/forest area riding. Tight, technical, single track trails that are miles long are always fun!

Unread Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #2
Tollster
1980 CJ5 

Farm lands, tight eastern woods and mountains... had my first 250 MX in 6th grade, raced AMA district 6 hare scrambles, currently on bike 25, 26, and 27. **** doesn't heal as fast when you get older, and your mom is correct when she says.. "thats gonna give ya trouble when ya get older". All those jammed thumbs, and hand injuries, concussions, broken bones, stiches... and yes, my knuckles are swollen where I had previous injuries when I was young.. buchards arthritis, its not genetic, but like a calcium deposit on old joint injuries..
Two strokes where my way of venting off, nothing came close to the thrill and excitement.. I would literally be shaking after I got my bike from the high..
I've moved over to ADV biking now, combined with HD's and bar hopping... Oh.... speaking of two strokes... my first street bike when I was 16, was a 75 Kawi H1 triple.... happy I survived, there where times leaving parties, I could not even kick it over, having to be push started instead... LOL

Cira 1989 and still air cooled, 5th gear on the pipe, farm country... Notice the Hi-point "Mad Max boots" LOL

Tollster is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.