Dinged someone's door in the parking lot - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Dinged someone's door in the parking lot

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

View Poll Results: Door Dings and owning up to it.
Someone dinged my door and just took off. 17 94.44%
Someone dinged my door and left a note. 1 5.56%
I dinged someone's door and took off. 3 16.67%
I dinged someone's door and left a note. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #16
bobjp

No, then it just gets weird. Don't leave another note.

Unread 08-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #17
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Just keep leaving notes on the car every day. Leave notes about the weather, answers to life's questions, car care tips, deep thoughts, stock market tips, & maybe throw in some interesting trivia.

Just leave this thread active and make a poll about the next day's note. Let the members of Jeepforum decide!

There will probably be some dude on a BMW forum posting about how he is being stalked with notes on his car.

Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2014, 08:31 AM   #18
TexanTJ
Uncensored & Honest

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
Just keep leaving notes on the car every day. Leave notes about the weather, answers to life's questions, car care tips, deep thoughts, stock market tips, & maybe throw in some interesting trivia.

Just leave this thread active and make a poll about the next day's note. Let the members of Jeepforum decide!

There will probably be some dude on a BMW forum posting about how he is being stalked with notes on his car.

Today's note:

Dear Car Owner,
You may have noticed the dent on the left side of your car. If not, allow me to draw your attention to it now. As you can see, it is there, and so is this note, and now two and two are getting put together in your head. Allow me to confirm your suspicions: The dent and note are connected. I have dented your car and wish to apologize for it.
One question you're certainly asking by now is, "How can this note be so long?" Or perhaps, "Why do you keep leaving daily notes on my car?”
On the windy afternoon of Wednesday, the 6th of August 2014, an unfortunate series of events transpired that has connected you and I in a way that no one could have seen coming. Please respond to my note, so as I may finally go on with my life in peace.
My truck will be here next Monday at 8am. Hope to hear from you soon.

Forever yours,
TexanTJ
TexanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2014, 03:27 AM   #19
Muddeprived

This happens to me all the time but good thing I keep my soft doors on year round. They just bounce off.
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #20
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have numerous dings on both my vehicles. I figure, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #21
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Last time I dinged a car door I had no paper to write a note on so I scratched my name and number in the hood with a screwdriver.
Unread 08-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #22
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98muddyjeep View Post
Last time I dinged a car door I had no paper to write a note on so I scratched my name and number in the hood with a screwdriver.
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #23
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I got a new-ish rav4 this winter.. with black paint. Now with this being a 2010 (had 36K miles) it's the newest nicest car I've ever bought. With the black paint I kept finding more and more dings and chips.. they just stand out so well. I stopped feeling bad about them once I backed too far into a parking spot and ran the bumper up a yellow painted concrete light pedestal. I suggest this for anyone worried about their cars paint.. it really relieves the tension.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.