depo provera side effects?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > depo provera side effects??

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #16
perfectcircle
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bandit View Post
your wrong as **** about only being able to stay on it 2 years

I know girls who have been on it for over 5 years.
after quick googling it seems there is no limit of how long you can be on it but after 2 years bone loss has been reported and when you want to get pregnant it can take up to two years (for the hormones to return to normal levels) perhaps that is where the 2 years came in an she got confused.

perfectcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #17
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectcircle View Post
after quick googling it seems there is no limit of how long you can be on it but after 2 years bone loss has been reported and when you want to get pregnant it can take up to two years (for the hormones to return to normal levels) perhaps that is where the 2 years came in an she got confused.
Wife was on it for 8 years straight, she didn't go for the shot when she was switching to oral birth control and BAM, she was pregnant 2 weeks after missing the shot.

OP, your woman needs to go see the doc to be sure.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #18
Mike318_

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
Wife was on it for 8 years straight, she didn't go for the shot when she was switching to oral birth control and BAM, she was pregnant 2 weeks after missing the shot.

That is all.
"Mike318: Where there's a problem, he's the solution." :rofl::rofl:
Mike318_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #19
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post

yep you can go on it for extended periods of time.

and hate to tell you this but you should have waited at LEAST a month for the oral to work.
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #20
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bandit View Post
your wrong as **** about only being able to stay on it 2 years

I know girls who have been on it for over 5 years.
First off, know your information before you speak. Dont accuse someone of being "wrong as sh** unless you educate yourself before you speak, its just plain rude. Just bc they have been on it for over the 2 years, doesnt mean it is according to the manufacturer recommendations. Second off I have worked in the medical field for 17 years now and I teach this information, and I teach it from the package insert that comes with the shot. Here is information directly from Pfizer (the manufacturer of this product):

Risks of Using DEPO-PROVERA Contraceptive Injection
1. Losing Calcium from Your Bones
Depo-Provera CI use may decrease the amount of calcium in your bones. The longer you are on Depo-Provera CI the more calcium you may lose. This increases the risk of your bones weakening if you use Depo-Provera CI continuously for a long time (for more than 2 years). The loss of calcium may increase your risk of osteoporosis and broken bones, particularly after your menopause.
If you need a birth control method for more than 2 years, your healthcare provider may ask you to switch to another birth control method or ask you to have a test of your bones before continuing Depo-Provera CI, especially if you have other risks for weak bones. When Depo-Provera CI is stopped, the calcium in bones begins to come back. Your healthcare provider may tell you take calcium and Vitamin D as this may lessen the loss of calcium from your bones.

http://media.pfizer.com/files/produc...traceptive.pdf

Let me also add that we have several porviders that will not renew a prescription for depo once the patient has reached her two year mark. The will switch the patient to another form of BCP and order additional testing for calcium.

However this isnt what the post was about, as I previously stated, the only way to know for sure is to obtain a blood HCG.

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2009, 10:02 PM   #21
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtJeep View Post
and hate to tell you this but you should have waited at LEAST a month for the oral to work.
lol 5 years later and we are well aware of that.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #22
Texan4life
2004 LJ Wrangler 

The 6 months my wife was on depo provera were the worst 6 months of our marriage.(sexually) It messed with her hormones so badly that sex rarely happened. Stay away from it IMHO.
Unread 12-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #23
Miss Amy

I HATE DEPO!!

That's all.

Oh, just get her a pregnancy test- it isn't that complicated.
Miss Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 12:29 AM   #24
scavanau
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Someone is calling your bluff HM1
scavanau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 06:58 AM   #25
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Someone is calling your bluff HM1
Trying to, lol.. But anyhow, I hope everyone has a wonderful day today

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Unread 12-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #26
perfectcircle
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbuGrl View Post
First off, know your information before you speak. Dont accuse someone of being "wrong as sh** unless you educate yourself before you speak, its just plain rude. Just bc they have been on it for over the 2 years, doesnt mean it is according to the manufacturer recommendations. Second off I have worked in the medical field for 17 years now and I teach this information, and I teach it from the package insert that comes with the shot.
If you work direct patient care and are teaching patients about the medicine that is perscribed to them you SHOULD NOT, i repeat, should NOT be translating the instructions written in that insert to your own meaning. You specifically said in an early post "YOU CANNOT be on it for more than 2 years at a time." This is FALSE and you are relaying wrong information to patients, definetly a wrong practice. You can be on it for longer than two years per the information YOU posted. And the manufacturer did not state it recommends stopping use after two years as YOU suggested. It says to speak with your health care provider. Every person is different and may not develop complications. So before you attack members on the board, take time to know YOUR information, for your sake, and your patients sake.
perfectcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #27
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectcircle View Post
If you work direct patient care and are teaching patients about the medicine that is perscribed to them you SHOULD NOT, i repeat, should NOT be translating the instructions written in that insert to your own meaning. You specifically said in an early post "YOU CANNOT be on it for more than 2 years at a time." This is FALSE and you are relaying wrong information to patients, definetly a wrong practice. You can be on it for longer than two years per the information YOU posted. And the manufacturer did not state it recommends stopping use after two years as YOU suggested. It says to speak with your health care provider. Every person is different and may not develop complications. So before you attack members on the board, take time to know YOUR information, for your sake, and your patients sake.

As I stated OUR PROVIDERS (AKA DOCTORS) WILL NOT prescribe the medication if the female has been on it for 2 years already. If you notice the insert states that the patient will be switched to another form and CA testing will be done prior to continuing any more depo.This is POLICY for most doctors offices. They switch the patient to another BCP until further tests can be performed. I WAS NOT attacking someone else, I WAS attacked and I defended myself.

And as I said before, why continue to deviate from the OP question which still boils down to get a pregnancy test done?

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Unread 12-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #28
bensmiata

Merry Christmas.
bensmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #29
helicase50
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have always been told the shot was well shotty. It screwed with you, wasn't as effective. Pills while yes you have to take it everyday, are the better way.

Get her 3 tests, then go to the Doc and Congratulations.

[COLOR="Purple"]Yes, I'm a girl, I drive a TJ and like to get it dirty. Yes, I like boys. Get over it. [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Purple"]Live Fun, Ride Fast, Die Pretty ~ Chic Riders M[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=vindicated;11072220]
Did I ever mention I loved you? :kiss:
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11072442]Hey! That's my woman you're hitting on there! <:mad:>
[/QUOTE]
Be Jealous
helicase50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 12:18 AM   #30
Castr8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Damn it! Just get the test done. She's probably just a little bit pregnant...
Castr8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.