depo provera side effects?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > depo provera side effects??

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
losfreddy

depo provera side effects??

Hi all. Lemme start by saying that one of the chicks i was dating was on the depo-provera shot, but only had a it one time. She decided to go off it just after one does and we ****** about a week after missing her 2nd shot.

Now its been 5 weeks and she has all the symptoms of Pregnancy at 5 weeks including cramps, sickness, tiredness, ect. Depo supposedly messes with ur horomones. So there is a slight chance that it is just the withdraws from the depo as i've researched it happening.

My girl has a missed period, twice i think, but again i read on the internet that depo causes missed periods. According to her doc she should've had one ither last month of this month, but she hasnt. Remember that she has only had 1 shot.

I've also read about people getting pg on depo., cramps coming off the depo, sickness..

Needless to say that i am very confused and she is confused on whether these are just false signs or if she could really be pg. Guess ill just cross my fingers crossed till we know for sure. I could go ither way.

Unread 12-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
unsung

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Strange place to ask this question. You should probably call a doctor.
unsung is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
bradthebard
the faux feather finish

2000 TJ Wrangler 

She has amportimiacal hematomalgic cryptotemia. The only treatment is the root of the elimphatoliptia crabatolonnous flower found only in the eastern regions of a small county in western Romania.

....seriously, call a doctor or get her an EPT. Not to sound harsh, but when you wet your carrot, you run the risk of getting some sprouts!

"...Indeed I have burned the candle at both ends, and it gave off such a glorious light..." - Christopher Hitchens
tales from the bard side
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard View Post
Theology is one hundred blind men searching a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
Atheism is one hundred blind men in a dark room claiming there is no black cat because they can't see it.
bradthebard is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
Awshux
Cynical Bastard

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung View Post
Strange place to ask this question. You should probably call a doctor.
Or buy a home pregnancy kit.

Speaking of side effects, one of the most common side effects of unprotected sex is pregnancy. Look it up.

Last edited by Awshux; 12-24-2009 at 11:21 AM..
Awshux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 11:07 AM   #5
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

While it is true that Depo wrecks hell on their hormones, it doesnt usually cause missed periods until later on in the cycle, meaning it takes more than one shot. If anything, the first few shots cause bleeding to be spotty all through the month and not just around the regular period time. It is time for you to go get a pregnancy test and have her pee a little.
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #6
bradthebard
the faux feather finish

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtJeep View Post
. It is time for you to go get a pregnancy test and have her pee a little.
Hey! I saw that video!

...wait. What?

"...Indeed I have burned the candle at both ends, and it gave off such a glorious light..." - Christopher Hitchens
tales from the bard side
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard View Post
Theology is one hundred blind men searching a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
Atheism is one hundred blind men in a dark room claiming there is no black cat because they can't see it.
bradthebard is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
perfectcircle
1999 WJ 

maybe she got chlamydia
perfectcircle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I was with a girl on DP, for almost a month we thought we were going to be having a kid. I think we went through 3 positive pregnancy tests before going to the doctor. The DP gave us false positives and the misdiagnosis was due to the change in hormones it caused. I would definitely go to the doctor and get someone who knows what they are doing to let you know whats going on.
Utah Jeep Crew Member #119
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
mg2000xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #9
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Congrats! You're a daddy!
Unread 12-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #10
stpeteTJ

I have no idea what any of this crap is, I've always figured the best way to avoid pregnancy is to wrap your willy, instead of all this odd chemical crap. But it sounds to me like the shot gave her all the symptoms of pregnancy without an actual fetus...
stpeteTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #11
christine1003
1999 WJ 

Depo can cause all of the syptoms that you mentioned she is having...BUT it also is not effective if you only got one shot. I believe there are 3 shots in the series and if you miss one its like missing your birth control pill. It sounds like she possibly is pregnant so i would get 2 different brands of at home tests and see what they tell you.
christine1003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #12
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
Congrats! You're a daddy!

Unread 12-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #13
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine1003 View Post
Depo can cause all of the syptoms that you mentioned she is having...BUT it also is not effective if you only got one shot. I believe there are 3 shots in the series and if you miss one its like missing your birth control pill. It sounds like she possibly is pregnant so i would get 2 different brands of at home tests and see what they tell you.
Not true, depo is not a series. You get the shot every 3 months +/- a 12 day time period( meaning that you can get if up to 12 days early or 12 days late). You can only stay on it for 2 years at a time then have to come off of it for your body to readjust to the normal hormones. Depo can and does stop periods with the first shot for alot of women. Cramping is not normally a symptom of pregnancy. The only sure way to verify pregnancy in this case is going to the doctor and having a blood HCG level drawn. Urine needs to be the first morning urine and is not as accurate as blood.

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #14
The_Blacksmith
Genius with this metal

1993 XJ Cherokee 

I've been with plenty of depo girls.

If she didnt get the second shot she could very well be pregnant.
My girl switched from depo back to the pill after spotting for a year. You want to talk about hell, I've lived it.
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #15
The_Blacksmith
Genius with this metal

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbuGrl View Post
Not true, depo is not a series. You get the shot every 3 months +/- a 12 day time period( meaning that you can get if up to 12 days early or 12 days late). You can only stay on it for 2 years at a time then have to come off of it for your body to readjust to the normal hormones. Depo can and does stop periods with the first shot for alot of women. Cramping is not normally a symptom of pregnancy. The only sure way to verify pregnancy in this case is going to the doctor and having a blood HCG level drawn. Urine needs to be the first morning urine and is not as accurate as blood.
your wrong as **** about only being able to stay on it 2 years

I know girls who have been on it for over 5 years.
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.