Dehumidifiers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Dehumidifiers

Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Dehumidifiers

Alright guys, I have a hallway bathroom (that is currently our only one while we are remodeling!) and it has a mold problem. It keeps a case of mold and mildew in the ceiling since we use it. I've cleaned it and kept cleaning it, and it keeps coming back! I've tried running the vent fan, and it keeps coming back! The bathroom only measures 94x64 inches and has 10ft ceilings. I am going to try a dehumidifer or something to keep the moisture levels down in there. Any suggestions? Anything else I should try?

Unread 04-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
Indy

Most cleaners just kill the surface growth, not the roots. You have to kill it, repaimt, and then keep the moisture down. Amything else is just futility.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

But, if repainting with a stain blocking primer/paint isn't viable at this time, best thing to do in this case is run the vent fan while showering/bathing and keep running the vent fan for some time afterwards, and creating avoid excessively hot/steamy conditions that is conducive to mold growth. I think money would be better put toward a floor fan to blow air into the bathroom after showering, to circulate the damp air and help the moisture get out of the enclosed space.

Also, as long as this is the only bath available, avoid taking hot and steamy showers/baths in this small space.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #4
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

Airlfow is paramount. Like it was said before, leave the fan running for a while afterward. Also, if you have central heat/air, turn the fan to "on" in lieu of "auto". This should help get some air stirring.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.