Dear JK owners - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Dear JK owners

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #16
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I have driven a JK on and off road. It is the most car like Jeep I have driven. I'll leave it at that.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #17
JFamily
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think that it's funny that you're not allowed to mention names of forums on other forums...
JFamily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #18
Cooneys08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
I have driven a JK on and off road. It is the most car like Jeep I have driven. I'll leave it at that.
Have you driven a WJ? Compass? Patriot? Liberty?

Ohhhh a JK has a nice comfortable ride on the way to the trails!! Ohhh the insanity!!

You know you are right, it rides like a car. Because of that I am on my way to the parking lot with a can of gas and am going to burn my jeep to the ground..Oh wait JKs spontaneously combust...Screw the gasoline!

Please..

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #19
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

HEY HEY HEY ENOUGH OF THE STTION WAGON JOKES! My Jeep's title lists it as a "Sport Utility Vehicle"!

Says the guy whose name is Swagger Wagon.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, weíre a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #20
mgramann
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I used to be a skeptic. The final thing that changed my mind was when Bushwacker released fender flares that would allow the JK to clear 35's without a lift. That's pretty impressive...

FWIW, I still hate the engine. Go diesel already!
mgramann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #21
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ha ha, have you ridden your TJ? Not saying it's not capable...I'm just saying it's a nice, soft, quiet ride with a minivan plastic interior. Not to mention lots of electronic gizmos and OBDII. To us YJ drivers, it feels like sitting in a luxury minivan.

(waiting for the CJ guys to yell at me for my plastic dash, low stock ride-height, and *gasp* FUEL INJECTION!)

Every model complains about the next one. Get off your high horse, because it's already dead and being beaten.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #22
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Since this insightful thread is about the JK, I gotta ask: what's up with them never waving?

Unread 02-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #23
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlingForward View Post
Ha ha, have you ridden your TJ? Not saying it's not capable...I'm just saying it's a nice, soft, quiet ride with a minivan plastic interior. Not to mention lots of electronic gizmos and OBDII. To us YJ drivers, it feels like sitting in a luxury minivan.

(waiting for the CJ guys to yell at me for my plastic dash, low stock ride-height, and *gasp* FUEL INJECTION!)

Every model complains about the next one. Get off your high horse, because it's already dead and being beaten.
You forgot the goofy square headlights.
Balvar24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #24
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think Jeeps are stoopid.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #25
-Deepskyy-
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yea yea yea the JK is capable blah blah blah...
But will you lean your shiney JK up against a tree or a rock just to help pivot around an obstacle? Do you cringe at the sound of paint being scraped off or like us YJ owners, just grin knowing it is yet another battle scar?
My scratches have scratches.
-Lt. General Charles, Earl Cornwallis after the battle of Guilford Courthouse NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outatime05 View Post
Females are a dime-a-dozen. Jeeps are forever. Easy choice. Be indispensible or be gone. :wave:
Quote:
We are Jeepforum. We can do the unthinkable. We are Jeep strong. And head stubborn. We are. JEEPFORUM.
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Red Jeep #543
-Deepskyy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #26
chumpmann
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoGuy View Post
Since this insightful thread is about the JK, I gotta ask: what's up with them never waving?

That is just the drivers, there are just as many TJ and YJ and CJ owners that dont wave....

°ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Other Jeeps...
1994 YJ - 2.5" RC lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT

Hers - '07 XK
chumpmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #27
-Deepskyy-
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
I think Jeeps are stoopid.
Yer stoopid!
-Lt. General Charles, Earl Cornwallis after the battle of Guilford Courthouse NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outatime05 View Post
Females are a dime-a-dozen. Jeeps are forever. Easy choice. Be indispensible or be gone. :wave:
Quote:
We are Jeepforum. We can do the unthinkable. We are Jeep strong. And head stubborn. We are. JEEPFORUM.
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Red Jeep #543
-Deepskyy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #28
JFamily
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvar24 View Post
You forgot the goofy square headlights.
ride like a car, hover like a bird, I don't care. As long as Jeep never goes back to that sacrilegious abomination, the world should continue to turn just fine.
JFamily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #29
chumpmann
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Deepskyy- View Post
Yea yea yea the JK is capable blah blah blah...
But will you lean your shiney JK up against a tree or a rock just to help pivot around an obstacle? Do you cringe at the sound of paint being scraped off or like us YJ owners, just grin knowing it is yet another battle scar?
My scratches have scratches.
Yup...

°ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Other Jeeps...
1994 YJ - 2.5" RC lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT

Hers - '07 XK
chumpmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #30
EagleRiverDee
2011 JK Wrangler 

As a new JK owner- I'll bite.

One, since I traded my car in for the Jeep-- I can unequivocally state that the JK does not ride like a car. It does, however, have a fairly comfortable ride. I don't have to wear a kidney belt or earplugs and I prefer it that way.

Two, I've always wanted a Jeep, ever since my friend had his CJ5 back in '88. I wanted one in what I consider the classic body, which is the shape of a CJ, YJ, TJ, JK. Yes, yes, I know they're different but I think most of you know what I'm saying. I wanted one that looks like a JEEP. For various reasons it wasn't practical for me to get a Jeep until now, and now what they sell new is the JK model. So that's what I got.

And for what it's worth, after reading the CJ, YJ and TJ threads where it appears that REAL Jeeps leak fluids everywhere, spend more time parked in pieces than being driven, rust completely through the floor boards, gauges don't work, heaters don't work etc...I'm glad I got the JK. I will say that I miss the old carburated engines because they were so easy to work on...but I don't miss them because you always HAD to work on them.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.