Daughters boyfriends - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Daughters boyfriends

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 04-19-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
mcmopar
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Daughters boyfriends

My 16 year old daughter met a new boy. The rule in my house is that I meet them before they take my daughtes out. When they meet me we go on a walk on our land and they carry a shovel. We talk about everything so I can feel safe that my daughter is safe with them. There is never a threat on there life they just carry a shovel so they can think about why the shovel is with, that way I know that they re not giving me bull answers, I have never been in prison, but I tell them that I am not afraid to go back. The latest one asked her out, they went out, 2 weeks later they went to prom, he asked her to be his girlfriend. The next day he breaks up with her saying that your dad is insane. Are boys that scared these days, is this not the same as adad cleaning a gun when they first met the boy when I was a kid. When I was dating a girl there was very little that adad could do to scare me away. I know that carrying a shovel would not do. Now I just want to lean a shovel on his car just to see his reaction. Daughter is upset, but said if he is that scared she is not intrested, good girl.

Unread 04-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

You're not the worse i've been brought into a room where the dad's cleaning enough weapons to army the Somalian navy.
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
KHoff90

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

PSN: KHoff128
KHoff90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #4
Froggin

I just think kids these days are de-sensitized. It doesn't have the same meaning anymore. I like your idea of taking them on a walk holding a shovel. Wish my dad would have done that with some of the losers I dated. Your daughter is a very smart girl to recognize quality. Keep it up. Your girl will find one worth carrying that shovel.
Froggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
Kerovick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff90 View Post
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

What?
Kerovick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #6
Froggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff90 View Post
*scratches head*
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #7
pushead

He dumped her because he met his goal. It was prom after all. He hit it and ran. Welcome to grandparenthood.
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #8
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I must congratulate you on doing the right thing for your daughter. I myself am 16 (and a guy), and know how guys can be complete ******bags nowadays, and that girls still manage to fall for them. You are definitely doing the right thing for her, and weeding out the bad ones when she doesn't have the wisdom to see the bad side of guys. I wish that more fathers nowadays were like you.
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Last edited by ajf1994; 04-19-2011 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: Clarity...
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #9
Doty152
2005 TJ Wrangler 

When I met my current girlfriend's father, he came downstairs wearing nothing but boxers and a pistol, walked outside, fired a round, came back in and threw a dead, bleeding rat on the table, said "treat her right" and went back upstairs. That was three years ago and I've only seen him twice since then. He stays upstairs and drinks beer and lifts weights.
Doty152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #10
Froggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994 View Post
I must congratulate you on doing the right thing for your daughter. I myself am 16, and know how guys can be complete ******bags nowadays, and that girls still manage to fall for them. You are definitely doing the right thing for her, and weeding out the bad ones when she doesn't have the wisdom to see the bad side of guys. I wish that more fathers nowadays were like you.
You seem quite wise for 16....good girl....don't go spreading your legs for every schmuck that comes along and says 'i love you'
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #11
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doty152 View Post
When I met my current girlfriend's father, he came downstairs wearing nothing but boxers and a pistol, walked outside, fired a round, came back in and threw a dead, bleeding rat on the table, said "treat her right" and went back upstairs. That was three years ago and I've only seen him twice since then. He stays upstairs and drinks beer and lifts weights.
That would scare me but not for the right reasons.
Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #12
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogginJeep View Post
You seem quite wise for 16....good girl....don't go spreading your legs for every schmuck that comes along and says 'i love you'
"She" is a guy...
[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #13
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I dunno. I'm all for cleaning the gun and vague threats, but the shovel thing goes into the creepy psycho zone. Very 'put the lotion in the basket', if you ask me.

Any honestly? In this case, the timing does seem very suspect. I think he just used you as a convenient excuse....

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #14
Doty152
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whybu1 View Post
That would scare me but not for the right reasons.
He didn't really need to intimidate me, he works for a "business" owner and his job is to "track" down associates and "ask" for repayment.
Doty152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #15
mcmopar
1997 TJ Wrangler 

my daughter is very honest with me, there was NOT any goals met by him. If anything comes out it comes off, that simple. I also have 100% faith that she would not lie to me. We have talked about sex, and I told her I would buy the condoms put them in her room, if she felt that she needed them they are there. She knows that I do not think that she is ready for sex, but if she thinks that she is, at least there is protection. I am way to young to be grampa (36).

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.