Daughter learning to drive - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Daughter learning to drive

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
NICER1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Daughter learning to drive

!st time behind the wheel, she could barely see over the roll bar. Instructions were not to hit the corn.LOL she did great! Im a proud pappa today.

Unread 08-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
muddr1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have had both my daughters out both my jeeps, ones a manual tj and the other is an auto Jk. They defiantly do better in the auto, but I want them both to at least know how to drive a manual if they had to. Good luck, once they have there license, they will be gone.... lol
Thomas Edison Keep Calm,Chive On
muddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #3
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddr1 View Post
I have had both my daughters out both my jeeps, ones a manual tj and the other is an auto Jk. They defiantly do better in the auto, but I want them both to at least know how to drive a manual if they had to. Good luck, once they have there license, they will be gone.... lol
Agreed on the manual. I didn't buy a manual as my first car (my jeep now) but I learned manual before I was even allowed to get my permit and drivers license so I knew how to drive one in case it came down to it. I'm not amazing at it, but it gets the job done.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
92JEEPWRANGLERY
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Start em young, teach em right. The more experience, the better. I have to brag here just a little bit. My daughter turned 16 in April of this year. She had always said she wanted to drive my YJ some which is fine but she had to learn to drive a stick. I started her at 14 and now she has no problems at all. She has a Liberty but she takes off in my Wrangler as well. Now for the really good part. I bought a SeaDoo this summer. Mostly for her and her friends to have fun with. Same deal...to go to the lake, you have to know how to hook up, pull and most importantly, back the trailer in the water. I am proud to say I have a 16 year old Girly Girl (Cheerleader) that can drive a straight shift AND pull a trailer/ back a trailer.
92JEEPWRANGLERY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
RockyMnt1

I, too, taught my daughter to drive a manual. Yes, there was a bit of clutch wear in the beginning, but I still have not changed the clutch out, so it wasn't that bad. Learning that skill has been an excellent investment on numerous occasions. She learned to drive a stick on steep hills while dodging cows that were on the road.

Another skill to teach daughters is how to change a tire.
RockyMnt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Does she need a booster seat?

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMnt1 View Post
Another skill to teach daughters is how to change a tire.
Sons need to know this as well.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.