Creepy night last night - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
JFamily

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Creepy night last night

ever had one of those nights that are just flat out creepy? Whether its a sound, a creepy movie that you just watched, whatever? Last night was one.

Everything was fine until the girls went to bed, then it just got weird. The helicopter started flying back and forth for a half hour. I went outside to let the dog in, she was overly anxious to come in and kept looking back at the shed. Went out later to let the cat in, he bolted into the garage. Girls were being restless, one of them woke up crying at midnight. As I went to take care of it, I heard what sounded like people talking outside. Creeped me out, so I turned on all the lights and went outside to investigate, never found anything, weirrrrrrrd. And then to top it all off, I finally get ready to go to bed, and the wife says "you know, I'd feel better if you'd put the shotgun next to the bed tonight, something feels funny".

yeah, it was a weird night..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 09:11 AM
madmikey

2003 TJ Wrangler 

It's happening......Zombies...

BEER
Now cheaper then gas!
Drink,don't drive
post #3 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 09:12 AM
FourbyFour

2006 TJ Wrangler 

wtf, i'm never moving to St. Louis.
post #4 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Sidewinder
1994 YJ Wrangler 

that does sound creeeepy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ASK ME ABOUT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 09:13 AM
ancestralworm
there will be crying

2000 TJ Wrangler 

black ops. you never see em'. you need to pack up the fam and move to the philippines bro. don't look back, don't use a computer again or they will track you down.

"The Jeep is America's only real sports car" - Enzo Ferrari

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
post #6 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 09:19 AM
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFamily View Post
ever had one of those nights that are just flat out creepy? Whether its a sound, a creepy movie that you just watched, whatever? Last night was one.

Everything was fine until the girls went to bed, then it just got weird. The helicopter started flying back and forth for a half hour. I went outside to let the dog in, she was overly anxious to come in and kept looking back at the shed. Went out later to let the cat in, he bolted into the garage. Girls were being restless, one of them woke up crying at midnight. As I went to take care of it, I heard what sounded like people talking outside. Creeped me out, so I turned on all the lights and went outside to investigate, never found anything, weirrrrrrrd. And then to top it all off, I finally get ready to go to bed, and the wife says "you know, I'd feel better if you'd put the shotgun next to the bed tonight, something feels funny".

yeah, it was a weird night..

That really sucks man. I hate nights like that. I am glad everything is ok though

-Matt

post #7 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 09:25 AM
LandRover

1998 XJ Cherokee 

You say 'the' helicopter, as if it is either yours or a nightly occurance. That's creepy enough right there. The rest of the story just makes it worse.

RHD '98 XJ
RE 3.5", Bushwaker Flat Flares,
OR-Fab bumpers, PowerTrax locker,
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
post #8 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 09:26 AM
sitdwnandhngon
1987 YJ Wrangler 

That happens to me at least once a month. But I think it's a mix of me watching too many movies and not working in the winter. I love summer though. I have faith in the dog to let me know what's going on though. He's got some good ears on him.

I can't bear the thought of losing, I dread the attention winning brings

Quote:
Originally Posted by northjeep View Post
4.2 has 0.2 more!
post #9 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 09:28 AM
JPete
How 'Bout Dem O's?

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRover View Post
You say 'the' helicopter, as if it is either yours or a nightly occurance. That's creepy enough right there. The rest of the story just makes it worse.

That's what I thought the first time I read it. His helicopter just took off and started flying around his house on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasAxe View Post
The lesson for today is never steal a Playstation from a Baltimore Samurai.
post #10 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
JFamily

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
wtf, i'm never moving to St. Louis.
4 other people on another area board have said similar things about things feeling weird/animals acting weird last night... definitely weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
That really sucks man. I hate nights like that. I am glad everything is ok though
thanks, me too. We live out in the middle of nowhere, nothing but woods and stars, it was refreshing to wake up this morning and everything was normal.

Quote:
lol, sorry for wording it funny, but we rarely have anything flying around out here, especially as low as it was. Reminded me of a couple of years ago when they were occasionally flying at night looking for illegal activity on the conservation land next door. Last thing I want is a tweaker on the run in my yard.
post #11 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 09:31 AM
ceilers
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
"the helicopter" is close to a nightly/daily thing where I live.

My two year old calls them "coppers" - I don't think he is aware of the fact that it is a police helicopter, he just can't say it right, but damn it is funny.

Black Jeep Society Member #313
XJ Owners Club Member #188
I've got a crippling addiction to plant excrement.
post #12 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 09:35 AM
LUCHIAN78
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had a night like that a month ago. I worked thru the entire night at my office. A four story building. At 8 all the lights go out to save electricity so the place is pitch black. Every time I would go to the bathroom or go outside for a smoke break I swear I would get the feeling someone was watching me or following me. ****ing creepy man! I dont work late at night at the office anymore.

Default Jeeper Formerly known as #6
"That kid is back on the escalator!" -Brody

Quote:
Originally Posted by badoosh27 View Post
Don't mess around when it comes to your nuts...
post #13 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 10:06 AM
LandRover

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilers View Post
"the helicopter" is close to a nightly/daily thing where I live.

My two year old calls them "coppers" - I don't think he is aware of the fact that it is a police helicopter, he just can't say it right, but damn it is funny.
When I lived in LA county we called them 'ghetto birds'.

RHD '98 XJ
RE 3.5", Bushwaker Flat Flares,
OR-Fab bumpers, PowerTrax locker,
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
post #14 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Little Lisa
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yikes that does sound creepy! Glad all is ok.

Blue Jeep Club Member #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBowie View Post
Lady Jeepers are hotter than mortal women, but perhaps a bit less pinkish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCHIAN78 View Post
Whats wrong with stock jeeps? Id rather have a stock jeep than a modded H2. :D:laugh:
post #15 of 73 Old 03-25-2009, 10:20 AM
AlTheKillerr

Aliens

-----------------

Photographer
2000 XJ, 3.5" lift, 31s, Locked

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.