Craftsman tools - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Craftsman tools

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 09-07-2013, 05:36 AM   #16
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-90 View Post

Guess again - stamped & bent... The bending jigs you can get online are usually copies of Russian patterns.

Misha Kalashnikov spec'd stamped/bent steel receivers because it was cheap, it was easy, and it vastly reduced the number of operations (and therefore opportunity for error.) A couple of stampings would shape it and punch the holes, a trip to the press would fold it to shape - and assemble.
Like I said, the OLD ones were milled. They didn't become stamped until the AKM. Guess again, indeed. Lol
By the way, his name was Mikhail, not Misha. I think one of his kids was named Misha though IIRC. It don't matter though, I prefer a Simonov over a Kalashnikov anyway.

Craftsman hand tools are drop forged if I'm not mistaken.

ZJ FSM
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Fk&usp=sharing

JeepNicholson is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #17
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

neverminds
jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.