A couple of tranny questions.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > A couple of tranny questions....

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-14-2002, 05:17 PM   #1
84JeepXJ

A couple of tranny questions....

I just got my Cherokee on the 13th of this month. Does anyone know how to change the shift points, and also firm up the shifts? I don't mean bark the tires, it is just a little lazy going into second gear. I was told that behind the four cylinder, there is a Chrysler Torqueflite. Is this true?

Thanks,
Scott

Absolutely stock..... For now..
84JeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2002, 03:26 PM   #2
84JeepXJ

NObody?
Absolutely stock..... For now..
84JeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2002, 09:06 PM   #3
eltj

Try finding a shift kit for it to tighten up the shifts. If you cant find one on the aftermarket the tranny guys can usally find them for any car. They have a lot better resources for those parts and they a fairly easy to install yourself with a little nohow but when working inside your tranny you have to keep things spotless(clean) if you want it to last. As far as the shift points you might check a service manual to see if it has adjustable bands.
eltj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.