Considering adding a newer FORD Explorer to the fleet... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Considering adding a newer FORD Explorer to the fleet...

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #31
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecoyote15 View Post
Happy to offer up the knowledge the years of busted knuckles has gained me don't worry too much about the explorer they are pretty good cars. The wife will probably get another one when its time for hers to get replaced. ( I'm getting an xj mostly for the fun and modification factor)best way I could put it in jeep terms is would you pass on a nice 00 or 01 because of the 0331 head problem. Usually you can tell what the mechanicals look like buy looking at the body people who are lazy or cheap won't take care of anything and it shows. If they take care of the outside they usually take care of the insides. And I wasn't speaking exclusively about third row vehicles just an overall review of the auto industry. Besides I think consumer reports has always had something up there butts for the domestics. They have to be twice as good to get the same rating as foreign cars and maybe some of that was earned from the shoddy stuff the domestics put out in the 80's and early 90's but the domestics have really taken notice after almost going bankrupt and turned themselves around. Just one mans opinion good luck finding your family trickster.
Yeah I would, and have passed on several 00-01 XJ's, also 99-02 WJ's......

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #32
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsar10 View Post
How many miles on the TB ? I love an I6 motor......
its up to 150k range now. Been a good ride.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #33
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I've been working on an Eddie Baur(sp) '03 that a kid who works for me has. He has done no maintenance since he bought it and we just changed ot the factory rear pads and rotor. Considering all the neglect he heaped on that thing it must be pretty well built..just to be running at all.
Now my neighbor across the street is a ford family and they have two older explorers a 13 f250 and a 12 focus. He just had to replace the engine on one of the explorers. It just started knocking real bad, no warning, no abuse...he still isn't sure why, he just paid 2.5k for a rebuilt and called it a day.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.