Connecticut school shooting - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Connecticut school shooting

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #61
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laybackman View Post
Gun controls are not fool proof. No laws are. Only self control is.

Apparently school security protocols don't work when not followed as they are designed.

How did this idiot get into that locked school with his mother's guns?

The lawyers are licking their chops already....
Looks like he shot out a window in a door (?) to get into the school.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #62
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Someone on my facebook posted this and I put it in my thread in PRC but wanted to put it here as well for all to see and think about!!!

It is about why Morgan Freeman feels we should not be so focused on the 24/7 news of this shooting and turn off the TV or change the channel!

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2012/...organ-freeman/

Quote:
Morgan Freeman‘s brilliant take on what happened yesterday :

“You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here’s why.

It’s because of the way the media reports it.

Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he’ll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN’s article says that if the body count “holds up,” this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer’s face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer’s identity? None that I’ve seen yet. Because they don’t sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you’ve just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man’s name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news.”

~ Morgan Freeman
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 03:35 AM   #63
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I don't think I fully agree with that.
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 04:48 AM   #64
E1wood5150
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kzv View Post
I want to watch a news outlet that says, "We will cover the tragedy, give you updates on information, but we will not give you the killers name, nor will we show his face. The victims names will be shown, and their faces, but the perpetrator of this heinous crime will not be identified by this news agency." I would NEVER watch another news media.
MORE TO COME!
E1wood5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #65
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I believe he is right. Giving no identification to the killer would be the greatest deterrent to these terrible crimes. This is nothing but the act of a self centered egotistical maniac that only wants notoriety. Deny that and you take away the one thing this POS wanted.

The 'media' right now is scouring the planet trying to find anyone who will tell them anything about this useless POS. I never want to see his name nor look at his face again.

It gives him what HE wants.

Feed him to the maggots and be done with him.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #66
Kerovick

I agree, they should call all of them by the same name. Worthless peice of ****.
Kerovick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #67
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Morgan Freeman is the man and he is really smart. Its very sad and makes me think me and my wife might home school our children when they are old enough. Jack Pinto was the first buried today. I could make a horrible joke about his fav. football team(giants) but im not. I cant believe shooting 6 or 7 yr olds.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #68
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Too bad he didn't actually write it. Typical reddit viral crap.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2315848.html

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #69
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The media's focus on getting the story to the public does tend to sensationalize crimes like these. It creates it's own sick and deadly meta-meme that spreads the idea, the disease, of committing horrible crimes as a way to make a name of one's self in the world. It also spurs a meta-meme of fear for personal protection and/or restrictions on gun ownership which spurs increase in firearm purchases, which in turn spurs fears of more firearms in private hands. Sensationalism is why the public and government fears copy-cat crimes immediately following these sorts of acts. Why else does the public and government fear copy-cat crimes following sensationalized reports of heinous crimes?

It would be wrong though to simply ignore these sorts of crimes, or the motives behind them. While the media plays on the age of the victims, murder is murder and such a crime is abhorrent - age of the victim should not matter.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.