Connecticut school shooting - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Connecticut school shooting

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #31
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garand555 View Post
You think gun control will stop this kind of thing? China has had multiple school massacres, and guess what? No guns were used. There are plenty of ways to kill people, and crazy is as crazy does. I am scared of the day that some whacko figures out that he can vent a 20lb propane tank in a school then ignite it without having to go through any background checks.
Today in China 22 elementary school children were stabbed. Thankfully, none of them were killed. Comes just days after another rampage of the same sort in China. In 2010, there was an incident in which a man stabbed 15 children and two adults to death and wounded 80! other people. Guns are not the problem! You cannot get into the mind of the deranged. They will find a way.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #32
chriswj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrock View Post
The shooter went in and killed his mother there aswell. Is this worth having guns?
Come on people are we really gonna go this route with firearms it is are right to own firearms with this said it is very unfortunate that it is happend and as gun lovers we need to help and try to educate the public who dont own firearms that firearms are ok and that its the people who we need to watch.
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #33
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Here's an idea: let's focus on what's really important at hand (re: the tragedy) instead of trying to push pro or anti gun agendas.

Like, these ****ing media vultures interviewing these poor kids and how many ******* false details they have got completely wrong in naming the shooter.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #34
E1wood5150
2009 JK Wrangler 

How can we as a civilization begin to explain this? What can we do to prevent this from ever happening again?
Some will say we should ban all guns.
Some will say we should blame violent video games, television and movies.
Some will say that society turned its back on the thing that committed this terrible act.
Now is not the time to discuss these things; that time will come soon enough.
Now is the time to pray for the angels that were taken from us today. To pray for their families, their friends, their community. Now is the time to grieve, to comfort, to remember what its like to be 5 yrs old: playing in the creek, riding your bike, wondering what Santa is bringing you for Christmas.
Hug your children today. Tell them how much you love them. Make them understand that the world is a good place, but bad things happen. Let them know that they matter to you and the rest of the world. Listen to what your kids say, and more importantly, listen to what they don't say.
MORE TO COME!
E1wood5150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #35
garand555

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1wood5150 View Post
How can we as a civilization begin to explain this? What can we do to prevent this from ever happening again?
Some will say that society turned its back on the thing that committed this terrible act.
Now is the time to pray for the angels that were taken from us today. To pray for their families, their friends, their community. Now is the time to grieve, to comfort, to remember what its like to be 5 yrs old: playing in the creek, riding your bike, wondering what Santa is bringing you for Christmas.
Hug your children today. Tell them how much you love them. Make them understand that the world is a good place, but bad things happen. Let them know that they matter to you and the rest of the world. Listen to what your kids say, and more importantly, listen to what they don't say.
Actually, now is the time to talk about what causes somebody to do this and how to recognize that a person is liable to do this. It is a real possibility that there is some other nutter out there who was on the edge, sees this and is now seriously considering something similar. You can bet money that the people who do this kind of thing showed signs that they were bat**** insane before they went off and did it, yet nobody acted on the warning signs.
garand555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #36
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
That is nice rainbows and unicorn talk and all but now is the time. That said, gun control isn't the issue. Humans are. More legislation could be passed for people with psychological issues but not all these shootings are caused by such individuals. I do not know what we can do. Metal detectors aren't the answer. Adding more cops to all the schools? Stage SRT/SWAT at all schools during instruction hours? The emotions from this tragedy are needed to fuel whatever it will take to help lessen the chances of this happening in the future.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #37
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Heres the story from the local news channel

http://www.wfsb.com/story/20345707/c...chool-shooting

Hard to believe this happened only an hour and a half away from me. Shooter must have been one ****ed up dude.

Have the news on now. I think they said about a block away, one of the shooter's relatives was killed, and it was his mother.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #38
E1wood5150
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garand555 View Post

Actually, now is the time to talk about what causes somebody to do this and how to recognize that a person is liable to do this. It is a real possibility that there is some other nutter out there who was on the edge, sees this and is now seriously considering something similar. You can bet money that the people who do this kind of thing showed signs that they were bat**** insane before they went off and did it, yet nobody acted on the warning signs.

Let me preface my remarks by admitting that I do not have children at 46 yrs old. I don't have the perspective of a parent, but i have a heart, and I remember what its like to be a carefree child. So I understand where you are coming from, but I must respectfully disagree. Imagine that your child goes to that school, and just lost more than one friend, playmate, classmate, neighbor...right now, your child would be scared, and mourning the loss of their friend. They wouldn't be thinking about the animal that caused all this, YET. A 5 yr old's world is kinda small, and their friends and family make up most of that world. The world doesn't encroach upon us until a bit later in life.

I realize that I might be way off base, and if I'm wrong, I'll understand why. But my heart tells me that the children are going to need love and understanding more than anything else. I can't think of anything that love won't cure.
MORE TO COME!
E1wood5150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #39
muddr1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

As a parent, my heart goes out to all the families involved in this. Those 5 year olds did nothing to deserve what happened today.

As far a gun issues, I will gladly argue my points and views, But not in this post.
Thomas Edison Keep Calm,Chive On
muddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #40
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you guys will say a prayer for the people and families involved. My wife had a family member who passed protecting her students. It is hard to believe someone could do this to such innocent children. Like i said i am praying for all who were involved. Thanks
Unread 12-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #41
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
It would have been worth it if one of the teachers was legally allowed to concele one.
Bull****.

"More guns" is not the answer.
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #42
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I try not to let topics like this get to me... but something just makes my blood pressure rise when I hear about it. Reminds me of my buddy who was murdered on his birthday in Lake Havasu a while back. Makes my blood boil...

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #43
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Don't know if it's been said yet, but just heard on the news that the guns were registered to the shooter's mother.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Unread 12-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #44
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1pf View Post
Bull****.

"More guns" is not the answer.
I beg to differ. If you walked into the grocery store and saw 10 people packing, I bet you would think twice before trying to start a gun fight.

Unread 12-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #45
garand555

Quote:
Let me preface my remarks by admitting that I do not have children at 46 yrs old. I don't have the perspective of a parent, but i have a heart, and I remember what its like to be a carefree child. So I understand where you are coming from, but I must respectfully disagree. Imagine that your child goes to that school, and just lost more than one friend, playmate, classmate, neighbor...right now, your child would be scared, and mourning the loss of their friend. They wouldn't be thinking about the animal that caused all this, YET. A 5 yr old's world is kinda small, and their friends and family make up most of that world. The world doesn't encroach upon us until a bit later in life.

I realize that I might be way off base, and if I'm wrong, I'll understand why. But my heart tells me that the children are going to need love and understanding more than anything else. I can't think of anything that love won't cure.
A whackjob isn't going to wait until you think the time is right. They're going to wait until they're ready. Until then, enjoy more security theater.
garand555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.