Connecticut school shooting - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Connecticut school shooting

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 12-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #16
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrock View Post
I agree, a principal or a superintendent with practice and knowledge.

They havent released what type of gun he used but what if it is a high power auto/semi auto rifle? They havent released if it was his gun or not.

It happened in Oregon a couple of days ago. I think we need to admit that we have a problem.
48 people died today, and everyday, as a result of drunk drivers. I think it's time we regulate alcohol.

[QUOTE=DcMuff;10356365]P[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]REPOST[/COLOR][/SIZE]erous...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dead_End;13002119]hurr durr I gots a truk[/QUOTE]
FourbyFour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
TimYJ91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post

48 people died today, and everyday, as a result of drunk drivers. I think it's time we regulate alcohol.
And forks, they're making me fat.
TimYJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #18
MCrock
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
Regulate?

I think we need to educate.

Regardless, I feel for these parents, teachers and officers that have to deal with this.
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
JoeCitizen
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
But we live in the USA. We are here and something has to change.
I'm well aware of what country I'm in. The point I'm making is that apparently taking guns away from the common citizenry does not stop things like school shootings. Or any other violence either. It is illegal to own or possess ammunition in Mexico. Has been for a long time. Doesn't seem to stop or even curtail the violence.

I agree something has to change. There is a 100% correlation between these mass shootings and that they take place in supposed "gun free zones". Gun free zones are causing a lot of deaths. The shooter is not going to attack a police station or shooting range. They go where they feel is the greatest chance of success and the least level of resistance.
JoeCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #20
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by "MCrock;
Is this worth having guns?
Seriously? That is just stupid. I don't recall reading that the suspect's guns decided to fire on their own. Bad guys will get guns regardless of laws. Have you not realized that? If someone had a chl and armed this possibly could have ended not as badly. I don't know their laws on chl/ccw.

Get a grip.

And yes, it is worth it, sorry to say, because in the end the evil out there will still harm and injure the innocent regardless of legislation that would restrict law abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Civilians and law enforcement use firearms as a tool to fight the evil. I am sure the campus had a sign for a gun free zone. That obviously stopped the gunman. Bad guys will still get their guns no mater what.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using JeepForum

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #21
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Regulate?

I think we need to educate.

Regardless, I feel for these parents, teachers and officers that have to deal with this.
But if we ban alcohol then drunk driving will never happen again, ever.

[QUOTE=DcMuff;10356365]P[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]REPOST[/COLOR][/SIZE]erous...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dead_End;13002119]hurr durr I gots a truk[/QUOTE]
FourbyFour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #22
garand555

Quote:
The shooter went in and killed his mother there aswell. Is this worth having guns?
You think gun control will stop this kind of thing? China has had multiple school massacres, and guess what? No guns were used. There are plenty of ways to kill people, and crazy is as crazy does. I am scared of the day that some whacko figures out that he can vent a 20lb propane tank in a school then ignite it without having to go through any background checks.
garand555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #23
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

and cue the anti gun nuts.

I can't believe they use something like this to push their beliefs. You can't blame a gun for someones ****ed up actions. The weapon doesn't have a mind of it's own. The shooter was ****ed up in the head, no amount of gun control could have stopped him even if it were purchased legally. If it was acquired illegally it goes without saying that people will get guns regardless of what the law says.
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #24
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

We should ban cars too, or limit who can buy them since more people die in car accidents every year than gun shootings.
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #25
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #26
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

Watched this horror unfold at work today. No words.

Coincidently we just pased a bill here yesterday allowing CPL holders to carry on school premises and other high risk areas after recieving advanced training.
Gray 99 Laredo with '04 driveline wap. Tons of fun coming soon. Steel bumpers. 5 1/2" IRO coils, IRO adj. track bar. Rancho RS9000 Addco rear sway. 2"x.250" DOM long arms with johny joints. Custom A-arm with ball joint delete (J-joint). JK Moab wheels/ 33x 12.5 x 17 Cooper SST. Bushwacker Flares.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #27
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlegWJ View Post
Watched this horror unfold at work today. No words.

Coincidently we just pased a bill here yesterday allowing CPL holders to carry on school premises and other high risk areas after recieving advanced training.
Good on them. I wish MD would come out with a set in stone CCW law. Court deemed the previous one unconstitutional and they haven't made up a new one yet.
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #28
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Humans are full of ingenuity. Take away their ability to use one tool and they will figure out another tool to use, so banning guns isn't going to solve any problems. Also, just because you ban something doesn't mean people will figure out how to get it. There are a lot of illegal narcotics out there that millions of people get their hands on without issue, why would guns be any different?

Sent from a Jeep.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #29
aamuthers
1987 XJ Cherokee 

It's days like today that make me think maybe I should never have kids because this world is getting sicker every day
aamuthers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #30
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

huckabee just had a great interview on fox
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.