Computer Help? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Computer Help?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
Stoked99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Computer Help?

Hey guys, I was having some trouble with my laptop over my winter break. It's a Toshiba running Vista, and that's about all I can tell you haha. Anyway, while looking at websites about 75% of the time it would say the window would "not respond" and it would close every window I had open. One night it did this again, but instead of just closing all the windows the screen went black and the computer crashed.

When I got back to school I tried reloading Vista on it but it kept freezing. My grandfather was able to fix it up for me and I'll be picking it up in a couple days.

Now here are my questions - I've been thinking about getting Windows 7. Do you think that will help with the windows not responding? I was also considering using Google Chrome instead of Firefox when I get the computer back. Any thoughts on that?

If anybody has any other suggestions please feel free to share!

Thanks!

Vice President - Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club
'98 2.5L - RC 2.5 - 33's - Beach Cruiser

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" - Enzo Ferrari
Stoked99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 03:22 AM   #2
BullandTerrier
2009 JK Wrangler 

I like to use free software by lavasoft called ad-aware. it scans for spyware and what not. I recommended defraging and clearing your web history on a regular basis. I use firefox as a browser, it's quicker and helps block pop ups.

or get a mac
Unread 01-22-2010, 03:25 AM   #3
Hoobly_Goob
1991 YJ Wrangler 

As a person who has used both Chrome and Firefox, I recommend Chrome, especially if you don't use any Firefox add-ons. It's really nice and simple. Ain't got nona dem dere frills un wutnot.

I have no idea why I just did that.
I should go to sleep.

Utah Jeep Crew
Hoobly_Goob is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.