Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

College Football

1K views 20 replies 3 participants last post by  keithTJ 
#1 ·
Ok, everyone season is getting ready to start. Who will be in the national spotlight.

I say Miami will win again.

Louisville will be in the Orange Bowl.

Tennesse has a chance to play for the title.

Sorry Keith, but Texas will not be a very dominating team this year.

Boomer Sooners, Sooners at a BCS bowl.

Joe Pa breaks the Bears records:D That one if for you drack;)

#3 ·
With or without Spurrier, the Gators have this guy that throws the ball reasonably well ;) . I'm gonna be watching them, and it's not because I'm wearing an orange hat with a big blue F on it right now :p . Locally, I always follow PSU, but their glory days are gone for at least another decade :( .

Keith

#4 ·
I don't think that Florida can do it without Spurrier's offense. Yes, they have talented players but if the new coach (can't remember his name) brings in his own playbook then they'll have a down year.
As far as Linebacker U goes. Paterno will get the record, go to a bowl and retire.

#5 ·
First of all Miami is overated. There are ranked as high as they are on the arm of an average QB who had a great D and support cast on O. They lost 18 people in the draft including those that made dorsey look good.

Second, Florida will be better than they were with spurrier. he was very one dimensional. Florida had the #1 offense in the NCAA lat year. Guess who was #2, Marshall. Our new off. cordinator is the guy from marshall. His offense is based on spuriers but uses a dozen more sets and is much more balanced than spurriers. Still gonna throw the ball all over the place. The D hasnt lost a step.

tennessee looks very strong but clausen is a little inconsistent to go all the way.

#6 ·
Ron Zook is his name, BTW. He was the D cordinator for the Saints. He was also the D coordinator under spurrier when UF won all those SEC title in a row. he also had most of the recruiting duties and was responsible for a lot of the talent of the 96 nat. chanp team.

#9 ·
Don't count out Louisville dropping FSU a L for the season. Yeah we should have played them last year when they were down, but Louisvilles' team this year is better than last.
Over Clausen, Dorsey, and Grossman I'll take Ragone. Marshall has the Best QB, period. I think Brock is a better QB than Grossman, and Miami will be glad when he is eligiable.

#10 ·
keithTJ said:
Don't count out Louisville dropping FSU a L for the season. Yeah we should have played them last year when they were down, but Louisvilles' team this year is better than last.
Over Clausen, Dorsey, and Grossman I'll take Ragone. Marshall has the Best QB, period. I think Brock is a better QB than Grossman, and Miami will be glad when he is eligiable.
I'll give Louisville a chance at FSU.

You think leftwitch is the best QB? Yes he's tough and has a cannon for an arm, but the fata** has trouble moving in the pocket. Yea, when he gets moving he can run but he has no quickness. he also forces a lot of throws.

Clausen: lots of talent and physicall ability, no brain

Dorsey: Lots of smarts, too weak physically, inaccurate at times

If one of the best QB coaches ever and the heisman voters (2nd) chose Grossman, So do I. Brock is a helluva QB, but what did he not have? He must have seen that he wasnt ever gonna beat out rex. You gotta look at that.

Dont know much about Ragone.

#15 ·
Who the hell mentioned FSU :eek: ?????????? They play in the ACC for the love of [insert whatever figurehead of religion you practice here]!!!! Yeah, GT and Clemson are usually solid, but c'mon, ACC football, gimmee a break. I'm a firm believer that as long as the assanine BCS formula is in play that neither the SEC or Big10 will have n'tl champs. They spend too much time beating up on each other during conference play to be considered "elite" :rolleyes: . I'll pay closer to the SEC championship game any day than I do the Jeepforum.com Towhook Bowl any day :p :D .

Keith

#19 ·
I agree about FSU and the ACC but they get the job done in big games.

Florida is the best football state, probably tied with texas.

If your sick of them being on top then all the rest of the country has to do is start beating them.

#20 ·
keithTJ said:
I wish they would go into a playoff format and each bowl game can be a round of the playoffs. With the BCS bowl being the final game and they switch each year like now. Money dictates everything
Thats another reason why I'll miss spurrier. He was the only major coach that pushed for playoffs. Its the only way to have a true champ.

#21 ·
Mr. B, sorry but I don't like the Sooners fight song. But you all are up for a good season.
Fish, I agree with you about the top states Spurrier did push for it, and I didn't like him as a college coach but glad he's pro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.