Classic Jeep Owners - Fight for Better Insurance! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Classic Jeep Owners - Fight for Better Insurance!

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Marca
1980 CJ7 

Classic Jeep Owners - Fight for Better Insurance!

Jeep Forum,

I bought my 1980 CJ-7 a few months ago, and I'm totally obsessed with it! There's just one blemish on my rosy Jeep-owning future, and that's trying to find a company that will insure my CJ and still allow me to drive it. Since insurance companies don't really sympathize with their customers, the only way this classic jeep insurance problem could be solved is with a collective voice. I just found a new website that would allow us to do that: https://boughtbymany.com. If classic Jeep owners can build enough support, we might be able to negotiate lower prices and better terms. The first step is figuring out who on Jeep Forum is interested. So-is anyone with me?

Marca

Marca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

I have no problems insuring my '70 with State Farm....
Unread 02-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

You are aware they have insurance specifically for classic and collector cars right?
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
You are aware they have insurance specifically for classic and collector cars right?
This, and those insurance policies (and there are companies devoted solely to this as well) are usually much better anyway because they use an appraised value for your specific vehicle instead of some crappy inadequate KBB value.

But I do appreciate that your approach equally. Insurance companies treat customers like enemies, and if that's the way they want it, so be it; it's nice to see people fighting back.
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
Insurance companies treat customers like enemies, and if that's the way they want it, so be it; it's nice to see people fighting back.
****ty companies and brokers do. Not all
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
****ty companies and brokers do. Not all
I agree with this.

I have USAA and they treat me amazingly.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #7
JoeCitizen
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hagerty quoted me a good price for my '85 CJ7. I stayed with Farm Beaureu (sp) for a little higher to keep it on the same bill as my other vehicles.
JoeCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

I pay $117 a year. Is there such thing as a better rate?
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvar24 View Post
I pay $117 a year. Is there such thing as a better rate?
****, thats less than I pay per month....

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #10
Dngrs1
1979 CJ7 

$160 /yr. for the CJ and $160 /yr. for the J-10 with Geico.

But really, Pug or French Bulldog insurance????
Unread 02-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
****, thats less than I pay per month....
Liability only.

If I were to hit someone, I'd be left adrift in a pile of rust dust gripping a steering wheel.
Unread 02-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #12
Marca
1980 CJ7 

Ha well...maybe not so needed I guess...

But are all these policies liability only? Does anybody's insurance cover repairs to their Jeep? After the time and effort I put into restoring and maintaining my CJ, I'm not OK with it being totally uncovered. I guess there's agreed value, but doesn't that keep me from driving my Jeep?

Marca
Marca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #13
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Most homes in north america have a simple device called a telephone, it can be used to conect you with others who are not in your immediate area. Most typical phone users will then have a conversation with the party they are contacting, on a variety of subject.

Many also have access to the internet and references for different phone numbers, called telephone books. These books will list different individuals and companies, as well as their phone numbers. Using the internet can let you look for many different comapnies that provide the service you want, in your area and around the world. Mnay times, these companies are experts in the products they offer and are very happy to answer the questions from a potential customer.
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #14
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

I'm interested and want to know more. Could you send me an informational pamphlet?
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #15
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Most homes in north america have a simple device called a telephone, it can be used to conect you with others who are not in your immediate area. Most typical phone users will then have a conversation with the party they are contacting, on a variety of subject.

Many also have access to the internet and references for different phone numbers, called telephone books. These books will list different individuals and companies, as well as their phone numbers. Using the internet can let you look for many different comapnies that provide the service you want, in your area and around the world. Mnay times, these companies are experts in the products they offer and are very happy to answer the questions from a potential customer.
What is this "internet" that you speak of, and where do I get one?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.