Chuck Taylors - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Chuck Taylors

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 01-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #16
NEVERSWEAT
Northman

2006 TJ Wrangler 

wore them during high school basketball. my Celtic idle before Bird.. Dave Cowen.. wore them.

Uncle Willy, The InnKeeper #3
06 Rubicon locked and loaded....
NEVERSWEAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 12:23 AM   #17
Ubie
Wha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
... The last pair of high-top Chucks I owned were made in the USA and cost about $35. WTF happened?

Well, they still cost $35 but now they're made in Mexico or China.

My 3 year old loves his, wears them almost as much as his Keene's. I may be one of the few people in the US to never have owned a pair though.
Stock Jeep Club #26

--------------------
Ubie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 03:49 AM   #18
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i used to rock all black ones, but now im loyal to vans.
Unread 01-05-2010, 03:52 AM   #19
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

I find them to be extremely uncomfortable.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #20
helicase50
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have a couple pair, I never wear them. I grew up in regular sneakers my whole life so they just aren't comfortable. They also don't supply support to my knees and hips (I feel old).

I got my nephew and godson a pair, they look cute on them, but they also have little DC's

[COLOR="Purple"]Yes, I'm a girl, I drive a TJ and like to get it dirty. Yes, I like boys. Get over it. [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Purple"]Live Fun, Ride Fast, Die Pretty ~ Chic Riders M[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=vindicated;11072220]
Did I ever mention I loved you? :kiss:
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11072442]Hey! That's my woman you're hitting on there! <:mad:>
[/QUOTE]
Be Jealous
helicase50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #21
bigred33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I used to wear them, but have long since switched to adidas Gazelle's. The last pair of high-top Chucks I owned were made in the USA and cost about $35. WTF happened?

"Abrasion resistance" is not something that comes to mind when I think of Converse.
Gazelle junky here. Had one pair last about 10 years, they are good shoes and comfortable as hell. Got an adidas outlet right by my house so I have a ton of adidas gear.

I do have a pair of low Chucks that have been delegated to yard cutting.
bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:50 AM   #22
IDK

Too bad they are no longer made in the US, just like everything used to be, Schwinn bikes used to be made in the USA for a long time, we have an old green Phantom reproduction from 1996 I think before they went Asian and the quality is so much better than any Asian Schwinn, it is actually made out of steel and weighs about 65LBS. My dad says the Chucks he had growing up were a lot better than the ones now.
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #23
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

had them when i was 13, wore them for a week, never wore them again. Not a comfortable shoe. I'm loyal to skate shoes now...etnies ftw.
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #24
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
had them when i was 13, wore them for a week, never wore them again. Not a comfortable shoe. I'm loyal to skate shoes now...etnies ftw.
x2 chuck taylors blow it's like no padding at all when you have flat footed Fred Flintstones feet they suck.

i now only buy redwing boots a pair last about 18months to 2years so $200 for a pair of boots that is electrical hazard water proof/ gore tex
theres a piece of metal between the sole and bottom of the boot keeps nails and other junk going through your feet.

Insulated just awesome boots.

I always get the tie up style where it's almost combat boot style. supports your ankles!
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #25
Blue KJ in PA

Quote:
I used to wear them, but have long since switched to adidas Gazelle's. The last pair of high-top Chucks I owned were made in the USA and cost about $35. WTF happened?

Nike bought Converse that's what happened.
Blue KJ in PA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:20 AM   #26
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

I might be dating myself but, when I was playing ball, you either wore Chucks or Pro-Keds. Then Adidas came along, Puma, and finally Nike.
The Chucks and Keds didn't have decent padding or arch support; when Nike came out, I found I could dunk much easier and made the switch.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #27
FLATFENDER54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

A grown man wearing them....................hahahahahahahahahaha
FLATFENDER54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #28
tjsahara1979
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ive had at least one pair in my closet since i was 10. I just got these ones the other day:

'01 TJ Sahara. 3" BDS lift, 1" PA BL, 33x12.50x15 Nokian Vatiiva M/Ts, Durango steering box, soft 8s, RE steering stabilizer, and one LOUD effin' train horn :)

Green Jeep Club Member #183
tjsahara1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #29
Chinarider
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am 53 and still wearing them.A few years ago ,the day I heard they would no longer be made in U.S.A.,I went to every store I could and bought every pair in black and white that fit,I now have nine unopened American made pairs left.
Chinarider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #30
JRussum

I always wanted a pair. but could never find any that would fit my wide *** feet.

"**** you, Im getting IN the plane, let Evel Kinevel get ON the plane!!! - George Carlin
JRussum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.