Chuck Taylors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Chuck Taylors

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
IDK

Chuck Taylors

Does anyone beside me wear these shoes? I absolutely love them! The classic all-American look with that infamous Chuck Taylor badge on the sides. I started wearing them when I was 13 after my friends started wearing them, most of them wear skate shoes now but I still wear Chucks, something I'll never grow out of! They've kinda got a bad rep these days from the goth crowd wearing them but oh well they are still a kick@$$ shoe, sorry I'm ranting but does anyone else wear them?

Unread 01-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

They're extremely popular with lesbians (not the hot kind).
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
iananderson17
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I love mine, and they're cheap to replace once they finally wear out.
Show that to your dad !!
iananderson17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
4XGore
2 chicks at the same time

1980 CJ7 

For some reason every generation of young kids think that Chuck Taylors are the ****. I have a pair that I keep in my locker at work for when I ride my motorcycle, but I don't wear them besides that. Don't worry when you're 30 kids will be wearing them thinking they are hip and unique.
4XGore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #5
IDK

Actually I know a guy who is in his 40s and still wear them. I like them especially in the summer because they are light and don't cause my feet to sweat, but winter is a different story I only wear them around the house in the winter.
Unread 01-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
iananderson17
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Haha. I haven't touched mine since October because of the cold. But my brother in law, who's 31 still wears them..
Show that to your dad !!
iananderson17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
AlTheKillerr

yup ive had my red ones since 2001 and just got some grey ones for a buddies wedding a couple months ago
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #8
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I've worn the high tops since I was kid almost 2 decades later I'm still rolling in classic B&W high tops

Since then I have invested in new pairs though, I get a good 2-3 years minimum out of each pair

I couldn't ask for a better fit and a better shoe!

Somewhere I have a picture of me with a toy guitar when I was like 6 rocking out in the front yard near my uncle's jeep. Now I have pics (somewhere) of me in my chuck's with a real guitar near my jeep
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #9
IDK

I got a new set of navys and will start wearing them this summer my black ones have seen better days but they usually last me about a year. I alternate between the colors, last summer I wore black, this summer I'll wear navy, been thinking about trying unbleached white ones maybe.
Unread 01-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #10
RickyZJ
1996 ZJ 

I've been rocking the black and white low tops for a few years now
Unread 01-04-2010, 11:48 PM   #11
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

I have a pair of low-tops that I've been kicking around in for over a decade. I rarely wear them except to run out the back door to do something in the yard for a minute. I used to wear them a lot more back in college. I tried to wear them to work a few times but I work long hours and do a lot of standing. They suck for that.

It seems like every generation "discovers" the coolness of chucks.

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #12
xxxflhrci

I quit wearing them back in the 70's when more comfortable shoes came along.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #13
AlTheKillerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxflhrci View Post
I quit wearing them back in the 70's when more comfortable shoes came along.
i must have weird feet but ive always felt my chucks were the most comfortable shoe ive ever worn. that includes being on my feet all day too
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 12:01 AM   #14
Ski01xj
2002 WJ 

I always laugh to myself when I see a grown man wearing them. Yeah, I know its judgmental.
Ski01xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #15
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

I used to wear them, but have long since switched to adidas Gazelle's. The last pair of high-top Chucks I owned were made in the USA and cost about $35. WTF happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4XGore View Post
For some reason every generation of young kids think that Chuck Taylors are the ****. I have a pair that I keep in my locker at work for when I ride my motorcycle, but I don't wear them besides that. Don't worry when you're 30 kids will be wearing them thinking they are hip and unique.
"Abrasion resistance" is not something that comes to mind when I think of Converse.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.