JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   Chuck Taylors (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/chuck-taylors-940669/)

IDK 01-04-2010 10:07 PM

Chuck Taylors

Does anyone beside me wear these shoes? I absolutely love them! The classic all-American look with that infamous Chuck Taylor badge on the sides. I started wearing them when I was 13 after my friends started wearing them, most of them wear skate shoes now but I still wear Chucks, something I'll never grow out of! They've kinda got a bad rep these days from the goth crowd wearing them but oh well they are still a kick@$$ shoe, sorry I'm ranting but does anyone else wear them?

PhilipJ 01-04-2010 10:14 PM

They're extremely popular with lesbians (not the hot kind).

iananderson17 01-04-2010 10:30 PM

I love mine, and they're cheap to replace once they finally wear out.

4XGore 01-04-2010 10:42 PM

For some reason every generation of young kids think that Chuck Taylors are the ****. I have a pair that I keep in my locker at work for when I ride my motorcycle, but I don't wear them besides that. Don't worry when you're 30 kids will be wearing them thinking they are hip and unique.

IDK 01-04-2010 10:45 PM

Actually I know a guy who is in his 40s and still wear them. I like them especially in the summer because they are light and don't cause my feet to sweat, but winter is a different story I only wear them around the house in the winter.

iananderson17 01-04-2010 10:47 PM

Haha. I haven't touched mine since October because of the cold. But my brother in law, who's 31 still wears them.. :dunno:

AlTheKillerr 01-04-2010 11:09 PM

yup ive had my red ones since 2001 and just got some grey ones for a buddies wedding a couple months ago :cheers2:

Delta347 01-04-2010 11:10 PM

I've worn the high tops since I was kid :) almost 2 decades later I'm still rolling in classic B&W high tops :D

Since then I have invested in new pairs though, I get a good 2-3 years minimum out of each pair :)

I couldn't ask for a better fit and a better shoe!

Somewhere I have a picture of me with a toy guitar when I was like 6 rocking out in the front yard near my uncle's jeep. Now I have pics (somewhere) of me in my chuck's with a real guitar near my jeep :D
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

IDK 01-04-2010 11:12 PM

I got a new set of navys and will start wearing them this summer my black ones have seen better days but they usually last me about a year. I alternate between the colors, last summer I wore black, this summer I'll wear navy, been thinking about trying unbleached white ones maybe.

RickyZJ 01-04-2010 11:14 PM

I've been rocking the black and white low tops for a few years now :thumbsup:

jeepsarecool 01-04-2010 11:48 PM

I have a pair of low-tops that I've been kicking around in for over a decade. I rarely wear them except to run out the back door to do something in the yard for a minute. I used to wear them a lot more back in college. I tried to wear them to work a few times but I work long hours and do a lot of standing. They suck for that.

It seems like every generation "discovers" the coolness of chucks.

xxxflhrci 01-04-2010 11:51 PM

I quit wearing them back in the 70's when more comfortable shoes came along.

AlTheKillerr 01-05-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxflhrci (Post 8622215)
I quit wearing them back in the 70's when more comfortable shoes came along.

i must have weird feet but ive always felt my chucks were the most comfortable shoe ive ever worn. that includes being on my feet all day too

Ski01xj 01-05-2010 12:01 AM

I always laugh to myself when I see a grown man wearing them. Yeah, I know its judgmental.

Reswob 01-05-2010 12:07 AM

I used to wear them, but have long since switched to adidas Gazelle's. The last pair of high-top Chucks I owned were made in the USA and cost about $35. WTF happened?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4XGore (Post 8621678)
For some reason every generation of young kids think that Chuck Taylors are the ****. I have a pair that I keep in my locker at work for when I ride my motorcycle, but I don't wear them besides that. Don't worry when you're 30 kids will be wearing them thinking they are hip and unique.

:eek: "Abrasion resistance" is not something that comes to mind when I think of Converse.

The time now is 10:41 AM.