Christmas Bonuses/Asking for some - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 46 Old 12-18-2013, 03:26 PM
brouwmat
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 1,296
Put a ring on her finger already. Then it would be appropriate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
brouwmat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 46 Old 12-18-2013, 03:32 PM
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler
 
AmbuGrl's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 2,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainauti View Post
if you dont need the money, why would you ask for it?

ambugirl... ill dig up my old law books. i have them somewhere. there are some stupid RI laws. would blow your mind.
heres another, its illegal to fly the jolly roger flag from any vessel at sea.
Oh I know lol. You should pull some Va laws, you will laugh til it hurts

- HM1(SW/AW)Ret USN Dec 23,1992 to Dec 31, 2012

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)



2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ


USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline  
post #18 of 46 Old 12-18-2013, 03:35 PM
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler
 
AmbuGrl's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 2,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
I don't NEED the money...I just think it would be a nice gesture on her part to offer me some....I am not the type to ask for anything, I want her to do it from her heart.

Whenever she has been in a snag...I have always offered a helping hand.
So wait a min. She has had some 'snags' in the past and since you 'helped her' then , you want money now. If she hit snags, maybe its wise for her to save it.

- HM1(SW/AW)Ret USN Dec 23,1992 to Dec 31, 2012

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)



2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ


USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline  
post #19 of 46 Old 12-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Marn
Station Wagoneer
 
Marn's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,222
Dude. Get married. Get a joint bank account. Do a monthly budget.

At that point, once you two agree on everything money wise, and once you are telling every single dollar that enters your household where to go, then you can see how much of that bonus is left as surplus in your budget, and then you will get to discuss how much of it you can both use for what, and then how much of that will be "play" or "blow" money. Is there any debt owed by either one of you? If so, I'd say I know where that christmas bonus should go.....but thats just me.

Until you two have the same budget, it's her money. Once you have a married budget, then it's no longer hers, and its not yours, but its "ours", which means she still gets to be part of the decision of where every dollar goes, until it gets into YOUR "blow money".

At this point, you already feel that you are deserving of money that she sees as hers (or so you tell us, otherwise she'd split it 50/50 with you), which doesn't bode well for the financial part of this relationship, from either side.

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Marn is offline  
post #20 of 46 Old 12-18-2013, 03:46 PM
DJs99TJ
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 339
Lol... This is spiraling down into a bad area!
DJs99TJ is offline  
post #21 of 46 Old 12-18-2013, 04:41 PM
captainauti
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: One Particular Harbor/ Ocean State
Posts: 1,129
the Dr. hath spoken.


and text me your address dr.

_______________________
Capt. Nate
aka Scallywag
_______________________
95 yj 4.3 vortec csfi, 4l60e/np231cj (scallywag)
1973 Wagoneer (honey wagon)
2013 Escape titanium 4wd ecoboost
2011 F150 4x4 5.0 Coyote SVT Supercrew
2008 E450 v10 Jayco Greyhawk 28 (tildah)

_______________________

captainauti is offline  
post #22 of 46 Old 12-18-2013, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Cherokeekid88
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: High Point, North Carolina
Posts: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by brouwmat View Post
Put a ring on her finger already. Then it would be appropriate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
We are engaged so she already has a ring on it. I wasnt trying to get into life lesson debates or anything. I guess i just look at it from my POV. If I were to get a bonus, i would be more than willing to offer some out.
But in the end, its her bonus, not mine.
I get it

97 XJ 4.0 Auto D30/29 Sp. 8.25. Yukon 4.10's
4.5" IRO Long Arm Kit - 33x12.50x15's
HD Offroad Engineering Shackle Relocation Brackets
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline  
post #23 of 46 Old 12-18-2013, 05:19 PM
nwiTJdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,536
My wife and I have said that we get to keep bonuses to ourselves so we never feel guilty about splurging for something. It sucks now though because I never get bonuses anymore and my wife gets at least four a year but it's her money that she has worked hard for throughout the quarter/year. When we made the agreement my company gave a profit share bonus but they no longer do. Oh well. If your girlfriend wants to keep that all for herself, I see no harm in it. Just be happy for her.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

www.militaryjeepers.com

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline  
post #24 of 46 Old 12-18-2013, 06:00 PM
chowner
Member
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: All over the great state of
Posts: 477
The lord has spoken in this thread. Response are no longer needed on the subject.
chowner is offline  
post #25 of 46 Old 12-18-2013, 06:06 PM
MikeHoncho88
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 359
NO, I wouldn't ask. But only you know the dynamics of your relationship with your wife.

This may be a sign that you and your wife to be need to sit down and talk about finances overall. Not just the bonus, but how all the finances are handled.

Or it may be a sign you need to look for a better paying job, or at least one that gives bonuses.
MikeHoncho88 is offline  
post #26 of 46 Old 12-18-2013, 08:29 PM
TSEJEEPERS
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Morton IL
Posts: 5,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoncho88 View Post
NO, I wouldn't ask. But only you know the dynamics of your relationship with your wife.

This may be a sign that you and your wife to be need to sit down and talk about finances overall. Not just the bonus, but how all the finances are handled.

Or it may be a sign you need to look for a better paying job, or at least one that gives bonuses.
Yep this.
You may also want to talk about how it is going to go when you get married.
She may want to keep separate accounts.
Really nothing wrong with it.
I know quite a few married couples that have separate accounts and each pay different bills.

93 YJ SOA 2" springs front, XJ springs rear w/main leaf added, High pinon 9 inch rear detroit locker front Dana 44 ARB 4.56 Gears, 36 inch Irok tires too much to list. www.mijc.org
TSEJEEPERS is offline  
post #27 of 46 Old 12-19-2013, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Cherokeekid88
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: High Point, North Carolina
Posts: 1,939
Well, we talked about it last night. I told her that I felt that it would be a nice gesture on her part to atleast offer me some of it to help with Christmas presents or whatever. I didn't get into a big shpill or anything, I just mentioned it her and told her that I have always considered anything that was mine to be hers and so on and so forth.
There have been times in our relationship where she has needed money to help out with things and I have always offered and helped and I told her that it would be nice for the same to be offered to me. thats it.
I told her that I didn't even care about the money, I just wanted the gesture. To feel that she would do the same for me as I would for her. thats all.
She understood and I told her that I didn't want any of it, all I wanted was to know that she thought of me.

97 XJ 4.0 Auto D30/29 Sp. 8.25. Yukon 4.10's
4.5" IRO Long Arm Kit - 33x12.50x15's
HD Offroad Engineering Shackle Relocation Brackets
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline  
post #28 of 46 Old 12-19-2013, 07:36 AM
MIjeep86
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Monroe
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88
Well, we talked about it last night. I told her that I felt that it would be a nice gesture on her part to atleast offer me some of it to help with Christmas presents or whatever. I didn't get into a big shpill or anything, I just mentioned it her and told her that I have always considered anything that was mine to be hers and so on and so forth. There have been times in our relationship where she has needed money to help out with things and I have always offered and helped and I told her that it would be nice for the same to be offered to me. thats it. I told her that I didn't even care about the money, I just wanted the gesture. To feel that she would do the same for me as I would for her. thats all. She understood and I told her that I didn't want any of it, all I wanted was to know that she thought of me.
After 8 years, don't you think she would already be thinking of you?
MIjeep86 is offline  
post #29 of 46 Old 12-19-2013, 07:46 AM
Ross
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 12,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Dude. Get married. Get a joint bank account. Do a monthly budget.

At that point, once you two agree on everything money wise, and once you are telling every single dollar that enters your household where to go, then you can see how much of that bonus is left as surplus in your budget, and then you will get to discuss how much of it you can both use for what, and then how much of that will be "play" or "blow" money. Is there any debt owed by either one of you? If so, I'd say I know where that christmas bonus should go.....but thats just me.

Until you two have the same budget, it's her money. Once you have a married budget, then it's no longer hers, and its not yours, but its "ours", which means she still gets to be part of the decision of where every dollar goes, until it gets into YOUR "blow money".

At this point, you already feel that you are deserving of money that she sees as hers (or so you tell us, otherwise she'd split it 50/50 with you), which doesn't bode well for the financial part of this relationship, from either side.
This.

01 TJ, 34 Super Swaper 34x10.5 bias, Winch, locked, belly up, some armor, 4.0, 5spd
Ross is offline  
post #30 of 46 Old 12-19-2013, 07:52 AM
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler
 
AmbuGrl's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 2,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
it would be a nice gesture on her part to atleast offer me some of it to help with Christmas presents or whatever
So wait a min, you want her to help pay for Christmas gifts? Yet at the same time, you mentioned that she has needed financial help at some points in the past... she should save the money. Christmas is 1 day a year. you have 364 days to save for it and buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
I told her that I didn't even care about the money, I just wanted the gesture
You clearly do care about the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
all I wanted was to know that she thought of me
If you associate money with her thinking of you, you are sadly on the wrong track. When you start letting money interfere with your relationship and feelings, that causes problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIjeep86 View Post
After 8 years, don't you think she would already be thinking of you?
This.

- HM1(SW/AW)Ret USN Dec 23,1992 to Dec 31, 2012

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)



2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ


USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome