Christmas Bonuses/Asking for some - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Christmas Bonuses/Asking for some

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #16
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Put a ring on her finger already. Then it would be appropriate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #17
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainauti View Post
if you dont need the money, why would you ask for it?

ambugirl... ill dig up my old law books. i have them somewhere. there are some stupid RI laws. would blow your mind.
heres another, its illegal to fly the jolly roger flag from any vessel at sea.
Oh I know lol. You should pull some Va laws, you will laugh til it hurts

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #18
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
I don't NEED the money...I just think it would be a nice gesture on her part to offer me some....I am not the type to ask for anything, I want her to do it from her heart.

Whenever she has been in a snag...I have always offered a helping hand.
So wait a min. She has had some 'snags' in the past and since you 'helped her' then , you want money now. If she hit snags, maybe its wise for her to save it.

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Unread 12-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #19
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Dude. Get married. Get a joint bank account. Do a monthly budget.

At that point, once you two agree on everything money wise, and once you are telling every single dollar that enters your household where to go, then you can see how much of that bonus is left as surplus in your budget, and then you will get to discuss how much of it you can both use for what, and then how much of that will be "play" or "blow" money. Is there any debt owed by either one of you? If so, I'd say I know where that christmas bonus should go.....but thats just me.

Until you two have the same budget, it's her money. Once you have a married budget, then it's no longer hers, and its not yours, but its "ours", which means she still gets to be part of the decision of where every dollar goes, until it gets into YOUR "blow money".

At this point, you already feel that you are deserving of money that she sees as hers (or so you tell us, otherwise she'd split it 50/50 with you), which doesn't bode well for the financial part of this relationship, from either side.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #20
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Lol... This is spiraling down into a bad area!
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #21
captainauti
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

the Dr. hath spoken.

and text me your address dr.
2011 F150 4x4 5.0 Coyote SVT Supercrew
2008 E450 v10 Jayco Greyhawk 28 (tildah)

captainauti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #22
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brouwmat View Post
Put a ring on her finger already. Then it would be appropriate.

We are engaged so she already has a ring on it. I wasnt trying to get into life lesson debates or anything. I guess i just look at it from my POV. If I were to get a bonus, i would be more than willing to offer some out.
But in the end, its her bonus, not mine.
I get it
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #23
nwiTJdave

My wife and I have said that we get to keep bonuses to ourselves so we never feel guilty about splurging for something. It sucks now though because I never get bonuses anymore and my wife gets at least four a year but it's her money that she has worked hard for throughout the quarter/year. When we made the agreement my company gave a profit share bonus but they no longer do. Oh well. If your girlfriend wants to keep that all for herself, I see no harm in it. Just be happy for her.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #24
chowner
2014 WK 

The lord has spoken in this thread. Response are no longer needed on the subject.
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #25
MikeHoncho88
2013 JK Wrangler 

NO, I wouldn't ask. But only you know the dynamics of your relationship with your wife.

This may be a sign that you and your wife to be need to sit down and talk about finances overall. Not just the bonus, but how all the finances are handled.

Or it may be a sign you need to look for a better paying job, or at least one that gives bonuses.
MikeHoncho88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #26
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoncho88 View Post
NO, I wouldn't ask. But only you know the dynamics of your relationship with your wife.

This may be a sign that you and your wife to be need to sit down and talk about finances overall. Not just the bonus, but how all the finances are handled.

Or it may be a sign you need to look for a better paying job, or at least one that gives bonuses.
Yep this.
You may also want to talk about how it is going to go when you get married.
She may want to keep separate accounts.
Really nothing wrong with it.
I know quite a few married couples that have separate accounts and each pay different bills.
Unread 12-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #27
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Well, we talked about it last night. I told her that I felt that it would be a nice gesture on her part to atleast offer me some of it to help with Christmas presents or whatever. I didn't get into a big shpill or anything, I just mentioned it her and told her that I have always considered anything that was mine to be hers and so on and so forth.
There have been times in our relationship where she has needed money to help out with things and I have always offered and helped and I told her that it would be nice for the same to be offered to me. thats it.
I told her that I didn't even care about the money, I just wanted the gesture. To feel that she would do the same for me as I would for her. thats all.
She understood and I told her that I didn't want any of it, all I wanted was to know that she thought of me.
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #28
MIjeep86
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88
Well, we talked about it last night. I told her that I felt that it would be a nice gesture on her part to atleast offer me some of it to help with Christmas presents or whatever. I didn't get into a big shpill or anything, I just mentioned it her and told her that I have always considered anything that was mine to be hers and so on and so forth. There have been times in our relationship where she has needed money to help out with things and I have always offered and helped and I told her that it would be nice for the same to be offered to me. thats it. I told her that I didn't even care about the money, I just wanted the gesture. To feel that she would do the same for me as I would for her. thats all. She understood and I told her that I didn't want any of it, all I wanted was to know that she thought of me.
After 8 years, don't you think she would already be thinking of you?
MIjeep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #29
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Dude. Get married. Get a joint bank account. Do a monthly budget.

At that point, once you two agree on everything money wise, and once you are telling every single dollar that enters your household where to go, then you can see how much of that bonus is left as surplus in your budget, and then you will get to discuss how much of it you can both use for what, and then how much of that will be "play" or "blow" money. Is there any debt owed by either one of you? If so, I'd say I know where that christmas bonus should go.....but thats just me.

Until you two have the same budget, it's her money. Once you have a married budget, then it's no longer hers, and its not yours, but its "ours", which means she still gets to be part of the decision of where every dollar goes, until it gets into YOUR "blow money".

At this point, you already feel that you are deserving of money that she sees as hers (or so you tell us, otherwise she'd split it 50/50 with you), which doesn't bode well for the financial part of this relationship, from either side.
This.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #30
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
it would be a nice gesture on her part to atleast offer me some of it to help with Christmas presents or whatever
So wait a min, you want her to help pay for Christmas gifts? Yet at the same time, you mentioned that she has needed financial help at some points in the past... she should save the money. Christmas is 1 day a year. you have 364 days to save for it and buy.

Quote:
I told her that I didn't even care about the money, I just wanted the gesture
You clearly do care about the money.

Quote:
all I wanted was to know that she thought of me
If you associate money with her thinking of you, you are sadly on the wrong track. When you start letting money interfere with your relationship and feelings, that causes problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIjeep86 View Post
After 8 years, don't you think she would already be thinking of you?
This.

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.