Chinese Visa - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Chinese Visa

Artec 14b bolt BACKBONE trussNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Engo is bringing New LED Light Bars to the table...Get a g

Unread 12-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
01grander

Chinese Visa

I learned that I am going to Hong Kong in Feb and I am getting my passport application in Monday. I know that you dont need a visa to go to hong kong but i may visit mainland China and you do need one for that. The problem is that I will get my passport RIGHT before i go to Hong Kong and will not have time to send it to the Chinese embasy to get a visa. Anybody know what the rules are nowadays? I've heard you can get one while your in HK but some rules changed during/after the olympics.

Also what is the diff between single/double entry? Can you only use a single once and if I wanted to go across the border and come back then go back another day I would need a double?

Thanks!

Plenty of Hellas.
01grander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Call the Chinese Consulate at the nearest Chinese Embassy. They will answer all your questions for you.
Tourist visas are given out on the plane for most countries for you to fill out before you land. Not sure about China.
Take lots of pictures. Make sure to visit the Bruce Lee Memorial Museum in Hong Kong. There is one in China too, but not as big.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 05:36 AM   #3
unsung

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ZVS

I used this company to get my Russian Visa. You will pay more but you get it back in less than a week.
unsung is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
rmb2485
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Call the Chinese Consulate at the nearest Chinese Embassy. They will answer all your questions for you.
Tourist visas are given out on the plane for most countries for you to fill out before you land. Not sure about China.
Take lots of pictures. Make sure to visit the Bruce Lee Memorial Museum in Hong Kong. There is one in China too, but not as big.
The forms they give you to fill out on the plane are just immigration forms so they have a record of you entering the country and so they can tax you on anything you're bringing in and leaving there.
rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #5
01grander

I will keep that company in mind. Anybody know about applying for a Chinese visa in HK? Cost or turnaround time?

I actually got an amazing price for the plane ticket. I have a few stopovers but i am flying from Montgomery(where I currently am) for $932 taxes included.

Also any idea on the single, double, multiple entry visas? Why wouldnt you just get the multiple just in case since its the same price? I am asking just because i'm worried i might be missing something but it seems like it would be best to get the multiple entry.
Plenty of Hellas.
01grander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #6
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

China and Hong Kong are awesome places to go

When I went a few years ago (summer before the Olympics) I just called up to the Chinese Embassy and they told me all the info I needed to know.

Just give them a call it will be easier and you will be sure you did everything right.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
China and Hong Kong are awesome places to go

When I went a few years ago (summer before the Olympics) I just called up to the Chinese Embassy and they told me all the info I needed to know.

Just give them a call it will be easier and you will be sure you did everything right.

Good to know. Mainland China is on my list of places i HAVE to go someday
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #8
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

yes RRY

I was there for almost 2 months and it was wonderful.

I was ready to come home though

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #9
madmikey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

madmikey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.