Cheapest and Most Expensive cars to replace - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Cheapest and Most Expensive cars to replace

Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!GenRight Offroad at CCOR! 706-207-4140Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 12-28-2009, 07:39 AM   #16
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

My '78 CJ7 is ridiculously cheap to repair and super easy to work on. I can find every part commonly available at Autozone or where ever.

The 96 ZJ isn't too bad though.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2009, 08:29 AM   #17
jbrem
2005 WK 

I did most of the work on my old XJ, besides the rust it was very cheap and relatively easy to fix.

I've had my TJ since May, and I've done all the work on it myself. I was dreading replacing my cracked radiator last month, but it was only a couple hour job by myself - AND it was my first radiator job ever! That should speak volumes for how easy these things are to work on (with inexpensive parts for the most part). Other than that, I did the cat-back exhaust and intake (obviously easy) myself. Blower motor switch crapped out a couple weeks ago, and although the stealership charged 37 bucks for a new switch, it was cake to install.

I should add up how much I've saved by doing the work myself vs taking it in...

Now I've worked on blazers and S-10s before, talk about a nightmare (wheel bearings anyone!? )...
jbrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #18
schoat333
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak4life7 View Post
Yep. she bought it when the 09's first came out in June of 08. She's got 37,000 miles on it already.
Corolla's have a 5 year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty on them. The Trans is covered by this.

Either your BSing, or your mom got screwed by a stealership.

Fords trucks and SUV's have been the cheapest. They do tend to break more often tho. Especially ball joints, and tie rods.

I've had 2 corolla's. It was more expensive to fix them, but they didn't have problems very often.

The Jeeps I've owned have been somewere in the middle, depending on what your replacing.
schoat333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.