Cell Phone Bull**** - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
waterboarder

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
Getting mad and acting childish will do nothing to help your cause. Talking to their manager would be more effective..
I disagree. I've found this approach to be ineffective and simply wastes more of my time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 11:49 PM
gtowngirl
I tamed the beast!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh View Post
Sometimes my bf says I am bi-polar...PMS...bi-polar...same thing.

Just kidding though.

But I understand about the phone thing. It's always such a hassle and expensive. I can upgrade my contract but I really don't feel like going there and talking to them or buying a new phone at a grand total of an arm and a leg. I have had good, cheap success buying off of Ebay.
Ha ha ha.....I was told by my ex that I was crazy and bi-polar....found out that neither was true.....I'm just mean as hell!!!

We can't control the problems that we encounter in life; We can only control the way that we respond to them.
post #33 of 69 Old 03-31-2008, 12:16 AM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdog View Post
Given that I had been in there a month earlier and had no issues, and that I had no issues at their place on the other side of town, I drew certain conclusions.
Companies change policies all the time. You said yourself they changed companies recently.

Quote:
I disagree. I've found this approach to be ineffective and simply wastes more of my time.
But you have a better chance of getting what you want than what you did. No one is going to say, "Well ok, you seem like a good guy" after being told to suck something. Maybe your approach to the manager is like your approach to the clerks and the manager would not help you either and I wouldn't blame him a bit...again it comes back to your attitude and actions.

I really do find it interesting that you don't see a cause and effect to your actions. You walk in a store and ask for something, they ask you for information, you get smart with them, they refuse to help you. You act like a pissed off 15 year old and stomp out the door telling them to suck something. Then you actually repeat the scenerio what three or four more times with the same outcome and expect a different result. I do believe that's the very definition of insanity.

I'll try one more time:

STOP....
Think about what I've said...
You're not thinking are you, you're trying to come up with another reason you are not at fault...
So again STOP and think about what I said...
Process it...
See where you could be at fault...
You're still trying to think of something else to say aren't you...
Ok, try again, nevermind, it's a wasted effort...

Ken

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
post #34 of 69 Old 03-31-2008, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
waterboarder

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
You walk in a store and ask for something, they ask you for information, you get smart with them, they refuse to help you.
No, they refused to help me first. But you see what you want to see, that's OK (:
post #35 of 69 Old 03-31-2008, 12:42 AM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
No, they refused to help me first. But you see what you want to see, that's OK (:
No, you see what you want to see. According to you, you walked in and asked for a sim card and then they asked you for information which you refused to give them, it's their policy to ask you that and it was your refusal that caused them not to help you.

Anybody else here see a pattern of denial to accept responsibility?

Serioulsy man, I've given you countless words of wisdom here in this thread alone as to why you were treated like you were and you continue to act like the world is against you and you can't believe you ever do anything to deserve it. Either you like screwing with me or you seriously do need help. I really have a tough time believing you are 38 years old, there is no way someone can go through life with an attitude like yours and still be alive. Society usually has a way of culling the herd, but if you are truely 38 and still walk around dealing with people like you do and still think it's not your fault, you really do need help.

Ken

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch

post #36 of 69 Old 03-31-2008, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
waterboarder

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
No, you see what you want to see. According to you, you walked in and asked for a sim card and then they asked you for information which you refused to give them, it's their policy to ask you that and it was your refusal that caused them not to help you.
When the machines take over and begin exterminating the humans, I think it's safe to say that we can't count on YOU to offer any resistance.

Cheers!
td
post #37 of 69 Old 03-31-2008, 12:55 AM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
When the machines take over and begin exterminating the humans, I think it's safe to say that we can't count on YOU to offer any resistance.

Cheers!
td
That's the best you can come up with? Really? So not only are you in denial your delusional as well...awesome. You have done nothing but prove my point about you BTW. Every post you make continues to confirm what I have said in this thread.

Ken

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP

post #38 of 69 Old 03-31-2008, 01:17 AM
NewdRiver_
1985 CJ7 

There was an article in Popular Science about a month ago about remaining anonymous in today's society. In short, it's impossible. But relevant to this, the author just had the employee put in random information and a fake name.

Would have worked.

Then you could write a letter to the company and tell them that you don't like their policies.
Doubt that this will make them change but going off in the store won't either.

When they realize half their fancy computer data for all their customers is bologna....then it might change.
post #39 of 69 Old 03-31-2008, 01:30 AM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Great suggestion, that would have been a lot more practical. On another note, that company may have wanted his information to send him a discount code or coupon for his next sim card purchase as a thank you for doing business with them.

What's even funnier is the fact that he was worried about giving them his info, when he drives a Jeep. To drive you have to register with the DMV, which requires a plate and all your info, which means anyone with a cop friend can find out your info. Not to mention, by even using the cell phone he threw such a fit over trying to remain anonymous is being monitored by the government anyway. You are not invisible, unless you live off the grid in the mountains and have no association with the outside world you are very visible in one way or another.

Ken

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP

post #40 of 69 Old 03-31-2008, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
waterboarder

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Every post you make continues to confirm what I have said in this thread.
Yeah,yeah,yeah - I'm a horrible person. Got it. Anything else?

Last edited by waterboarder; 03-31-2008 at 03:34 AM.
post #41 of 69 Old 03-31-2008, 03:52 AM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Yeah,yeah,yeah - I'm a horrible person. Got it. Anything else?
Nope, that pretty much sums it up

Ken

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP

post #42 of 69 Old 03-31-2008, 04:30 AM
MarkoPo

2005 WK 

Quote:
So why not stop with the "I'm so smart retorts and nothing is my fault" and do a little self analysis? I swear you are exactly like my other bipolar friend down to the letter, if I didn't know better I would say you were him. Maybe you are worried that I may be right and then you might have to take responsibility for how you treat other people?

It took a long time for him to realize that he had a problem, once he did he was able to treat it and seen the world in a much better light. instead of going around acting like an ***, thinking the world was against him and nothing was his fault, he started accepting responsibility for his own actions.
What you are describing is anti-social personality disorder. These people are in denial about any problems, frequently in trouble with the law, and nothing is ever their fault. Unfortunately they don't make a pill to treat this disorder.

05 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi
06 pontiac Torrent AWD
96 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 newest edition to the family.
Hemi Club member #2
Bonafide Gun Guru
post #43 of 69 Old 03-31-2008, 04:36 AM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

That makes a lot of sense, I guess my friend had that one as well, which would explain why the bipolar med's didn't always help his continuing to be an *******.

Ken

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP

post #44 of 69 Old 03-31-2008, 05:06 AM
KMcNaught
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Not to derail the thread but to the OP: if you're worried about remaining anonymous why do you even have a cell phone? Unless you have a phone made sometime before 2001-2002 chances are your phone is E911 capable, which means you're basically carrying around a GPS locator.

See here for more detail.

Not really sure if you're actually concerned about stuff like this, but the FBI being able to remotely operate your cell to eavesdrop on you is something I think most people would be interested in knowing anyway.

And finally as someone who worked in a retail industry I can tell you're the kind of customer I hated dealing with. Why are you angry employees wouldn't break store policy just for you? If someone came to your job, and asked you to do a bunch of **** that would get you fired would you do it? Uhhh, no. So don't get angry and spew your venom on the people that just work there, they didn't set the policy.

If the owner of a Hummer ever threatens to crush your Jeep there is a simple means of escape, just drive off the road.
post #45 of 69 Old 03-31-2008, 07:27 AM
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Cheers!
td
Can't they just follow the cell phone signal?

Derpy Hooves for President in 2012
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.