Cell Phone Bull**** - JeepForum.com
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
waterboarder

2007 JK Wrangler 

Cell Phone Bull****

I eschew cell phone contracts for a variety of reasons - the main one of which is that I think the concept of having a contract to talk on the phone (or watch tv for that matter) is a bunch of bull****. So, I use prepaid. I bought my phone off the internet, got a local provider SIM card and off I went.

Well, that provider was recently bought out by AT&T, and I got notified that I had until X date to get an AT&T plan of some kind. OK - fine.

So this weekend I went into the usual place, to get a SIM card for a pay-as-you go plan. No contracts, no credit cards, just me and the cash plan. So, the guy wants to see an ID. I said "what for?" He said so I can set you up in the computer. I said you don't need to set anything up. I got my money, just give me a SIM card, that's all I need. He said something like, well, no I need to set you up in the computer. I said that it's bull****, I know it's bull**** because you've never had to do it before. Anyway - I ended up saying something about sucking and a body part and left, no SIM card.

I went to two other places - same deal. Same line of bull****. Same comment about a body part - left, no SIM card.

Today, I went to another place. Didn't even get to the ID card part because he said I would have to buy a new phone - that was the only way they could activate a new card. I said that's bull**** and I know that's bull**** - don't feed me a line of bull**** - just sell me the damn card. Anyway - ended up with the same comment about a body part and left, no SIM card.

Fifth place I went - told the guy what I wanted, he didn't give me any lines of bull**** at all (although he did charge me $20 instead of the $10 retail price). I got my stupid sim card and out the door I went.

Put it in my phone, activated it - all went just fine.

I hate it when retail morons tried to feed people a line of bull****.

At any rate, I have re-established "no paper trail" cell phone service (:

That is all (:
td
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 06:16 PM
RAZORBILL

2014 JK Wrangler 

Feel better now??

Previously owned: 80 CJ-5, 97 TJ,99 XJ, 95 YJ,10 JK Rubicon Unlimited, 10 JK Sport
post #3 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 06:22 PM
gregs887
Up your butt Jobu

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdog View Post
I eschew cell phone contracts for a variety of reasons...
Nice vocab word

Greg
Quote:
Never underestimate the predictability of stupid- Bullet Tooth Tony
post #4 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 06:23 PM
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

WOW, somebody has some issues

1999 TJ Wrangler, 4 banger 5-spd
Soft-top, full doors
31" BFG AT, 3" Lift

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
post #5 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Nuthin
Curses! Foiled again!!

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Next time, buy the SIM card off of eBay.

Quote:
--Please put my quote in your signature. Love, 'Shux
--I'd rather have that than tapwater you can light on fire. - Lone Jeeper
--You're doing it wrong. - Cause --I don't care. At least I'm doing it. - AKABOB
"The minute you hear ‘freedom’ and ‘democracy’, watch out…because in a truly free nation, no one has to tell you you’re free.” Jacque Fresco

-

Wardrobe by Levi, makeup by Chance, hairstyle by Wrangler
post #6 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 06:55 PM
dogbluedrummer
Trust me....

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I hear ya' brother! Why do I have to give someone my phone number when I buy socks at Kohls? I refuse to sign up for all those customer appreciation/loyalty programs at grocery stores, Lowes, Best Buy, retail stores, book stores and the local coffee spot.

I don't want your monthly mailing, or your weekly email, or your bi-annual phone call. I just want to buy some blue socks with cash!

Patriot Blue 2001 TJ
Everything I need to fix on the heep: ABS indicator, speed 4 on the blower fan, torn softop over driver's head, both seat release/tilt cables, missing center cap on spare, broken under hood light, wire up the CB, wiring problem with the reverse lights, broken bottle jack, leaky front and rear pinion seals, loose trackbar relocation bracket, torn drivers seat on the side, broken center console lock, lost nuts for door hinges, squeaking centering ball, loose parking brake cable, oil change and rotate the tires.
My build thread
post #7 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Luckyduck
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That is a lot of effort they did not have a self-checkout?
post #8 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 07:10 PM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

I guess you never heard of "You catch more fly's with honey". I've found that if you are polite and cordial to people they occasionally will give you a break. These people "trying" to help you have a job to do and I'm quite sure that when you walked through the door they could already sense that you were an *******, just like everyone on this forum and they have never even met you.

You seem to wonder why you have such a problem with cops, or anybody else for that matter, I would say to read your own post and see if you can figure it out. Why all the drama over something so simple?

I'm going to ask you a serious question, and I ask because I have some experience with this area...Have you ever been diagnosed with bipolar disorder? I'm being serious, it explains your attitide and reactions to several situations I've seen you post on. You might seriously consider getting checked for that, they have some very good medications that will treat it.

Ken

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
post #9 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
I guess you never heard of "You catch more fly's with honey". I've found that if you are polite and cordial to people they occasionally will give you a break. These people "trying" to help you have a job to do and I'm quite sure that when you walked through the door they could already sense that you were an *******, just like everyone on this forum and they have never even met you.

You seem to wonder why you have such a problem with cops, or anybody else for that matter, I would say to read your own post and see if you can figure it out. Why all the drama over something so simple?

I'm going to ask you a serious question, and I ask because I have some experience with this area...Have you ever been diagnosed with bipolar disorder? I'm being serious, it explains your attitide and reactions to several situations I've seen you post on. You might seriously consider getting checked for that, they have some very good medications that will treat it.
Geodon/Ativan is my person favorite cocktail.

Derpy Hooves for President in 2012
post #10 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 07:26 PM
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuthin View Post
Next time, buy the SIM card off of eBay.
that completely defeats the purpose of "staying off the grid" they way this crazy dude wants too.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #11 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbluedrummer View Post
I hear ya' brother! Why do I have to give someone my phone number when I buy socks at Kohls? I refuse to sign up for all those customer appreciation/loyalty programs at grocery stores, Lowes, Best Buy, retail stores, book stores and the local coffee spot.

I don't want your monthly mailing, or your weekly email, or your bi-annual phone call. I just want to buy some blue socks with cash!

Nothing is more messed up than some freak trying to buy blue socks with cash. Well I guess one thing is more messed up, that is buying blue socks in the first place. Damn weirdo's!!!

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
post #12 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 07:30 PM
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

um, we need to set you up in the computer before you to rant!

and before you tell me to suck a certain body part, I'm not stew'!

Psalm 14:1

Live in Georgia? click here-->
post #13 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 07:37 PM
dz1087

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999jeep View Post
That is a lot of effort they did not have a self-checkout?
I never use those. I refuse to pay full price foe me to do all the work myself. If they offered a discount for going to those, then I would hit it up. The only time I ever use them, is when I have fewer than 10 items, and there is either nobody in the line or the other lines are 20 minutes long.

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
post #14 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 07:49 PM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
Geodon/Ativan is my person favorite cocktail.
I'm not bipolar but I play one on Jeepforum, I'm kidding...I've got several friends that are bipolar as well as a stepsister. I recognize a lot of the signs. As far as the medications, I have one friend that has to switch meds every 3 months because they either don't work or they stop working. I think most of that is his fault though, because he doesn't give the meds a chance to work because he smokes a lot of weed. I told him until they design a medication to treat bipolar that works with weed, he wasn't going to get any better.

It really is a sad situation, he's a smart guy, but he can't keep a job because of his attitude, and is alwyas in trouble with the cops for the same reason. His general look, is one of "what the hell are you looking at" so he immediately brings out the defensive in who ever he talks to. I finally quit hanging around with him because it's just to much drama. last I heard he was working at a parts store, when I knew him he was working with me doing network security making $80k a year.

Ken

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
post #15 of 69 Old 03-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Jetscuh
O rly?

Sometimes my bf says I am bi-polar...PMS...bi-polar...same thing.

Just kidding though.

But I understand about the phone thing. It's always such a hassle and expensive. I can upgrade my contract but I really don't feel like going there and talking to them or buying a new phone at a grand total of an arm and a leg. I have had good, cheap success buying off of Ebay.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.