(Caution: Extremely graphic.) Personal injury/gore thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > (Caution: Extremely graphic.) Personal injury/gore thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
anotherlilguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

(Caution: Extremely graphic.) Personal injury/gore thread

Post up some pictures and the backstory of some of best(worst) Personal injuries you have sustained.

Mine would be more of a ******* attack. I was riding the hammer down on a brand new(less than 100 rounds shot thru it) S&W J frame. About a 1/3 of the way down, the hammer took quick jerking motion forward and slipped off my thumb. In the split second my mind told me to catch it, and I tried. Obviously catching the hammer before it fired was not going to happen. Ended up with a 38 hollow point +P round thru my left hand. Ended up with 1 shattered bone, 2 surgeries, and 3 pins. Spent a total of 5 days in the hospital. 1 initially, 1 day for the installation of the pins, and 3 days for an infection.

Here's the damage:

Sent from my couch while drinking a nice cold beer

image-1893045225.jpg   image-2015161176.jpg   image-3846113239.jpg   image-2003494358.jpg   image-3777273659.jpg  

image-644523200.jpg  
anotherlilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Gross! Gonna be a good thread
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
anotherlilguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I sure hope so. If nothing else it will give everyone a reason to be thankful that it didn't happen to them. Lol.

Unread 04-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, going to be pretty hard to beat that first post haha. Maybe I just didn't understand it, but what exactly happened? How did the bullet end up through your hand instead of out the barrel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
anotherlilguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

It was a loaded revolver, and when the hammer slipped and dropped, I was holding gun in my right hand, and I, for some reason, was bringing my left hand up to the gun. When gun went bang, my left hand was in the line of fire. Make any more sense now?

Unread 04-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Don't have any great pics of it, but last march I had a wall fall on me at work. I'm a 11 year framer, and we were standing a big a$$ garage wall with a massive, 14' long, 6x10 header in the middle of it, with a 2' pop out. 2x6x10' studs. There was 5 of us and we got the sucker fully overhead and were walking it forward when it got hung up. It came down with zero warning and I got slammed to the ground.

Hard.

It ended up folding me in half, forward, and raked down my back. When I slammed into the concrete, my legs splayed out like a frog, breaking my hip.
All said and done, I ended up with a broken hip, my knees and elbows were scraped to the bone (literally had the bone showing), a huge bruise where my head hit the ground, and my lower back was so swollen it looked like I had some boob implants hanging out back there.

I had 1 surgery to pin my hip back together. I spent 3 months on crutches when my doc told me to start trying to walk again. A week after starting to weight bare on it, I got a fresh x-ray and my hardware had failed and my leg was still completely broken. I had to have another surgery and spent another 5 months on crutches, then another 3 on a cane.

Here's the best pic I have, the rest were on my now broken iphone. It's a pic of a sweet shadow box my wife made for me and hung on the wall. Top left is the x-ray of my hip/hardware right after my 1st surgery. Top right is that hardware, now removed. Bottom left is a pic of my wife and me right before my 2nd surgery, bottom right is the x-ray of my new hardware.

That's the worst I've done to myself. Other than that I've had a few dozen stitches in my life, cut the top of one finger off (and had it put back on lol), busted a few ribs, broke a wrist, and had a few concussions lol.

Cheers

Edit: Oh the best part of it all? My wife was like 8 months pregnant at the time. The day I bused my leg was her baby shower. I wouldn't let anyone call her to tell her I was hurt until I knew her shower was over so it wouldn't ruin that part of her day.
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #7
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherlilguy View Post
It was a loaded revolver, and when the hammer slipped and dropped, I was holding gun in my right hand, and I, for some reason, was bringing my left hand up to the gun. When gun went bang, my left hand was in the line of fire. Make any more sense now?

Ah, yes I see now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #8
03Jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

My buddies friend, caught his finger between a trailer ball and coupler.
image-709954521.jpg  
Sienna Pearl Coat Club Member #24
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My totaled TJ rebuild
03Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #9
686keydragon
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So I don't have any photos of the actual injuries since they happened when I was a child but here are a couple of my worse injuries...

1. I was 5 or 6 and was skateboarding. I went over a speed bump at a slow speed and it kind of worked like a ramp and I caught a little air... So what is a 5-6 year old to do... Go much faster and see just how good of a ramp it could be... Turns out that speed bumps actually work as speed bumps should at a high speed and my skate board stopped and I went flying and landed on my chin. Ended up with a few stitches that the doctor convinced me would be less painful to get without numbing that it would be to numb the area first.

So not bad on that one...

2. The day before my 10th birthday my dad took me to a racing go cart track. The go carts would do about 50mph. I had done a few laps and was heading into a hairpin corner and the breaks went out. I hit the wall at full speed. The go cart only had a lap belt (no shoulder harness) and the helmet I had on was not a full face one. My face slammed into the metal steering wheel, bounced off, hit the seat and bounced forward again into the wheel. The wheel was secured to the steering column with a bolt the protruded from it. I broke all the bones in my face (jaw, eye sockets, cheekbones, shattered my nose), knocked my four front teeth in my upper jaw completely into the bone, and my bottom teeth went through the skin about halfway from my chin to my lip. We lived on a small mostly military island near Seattle. My dad drove me to the military hospital and after a couple hours they figured out that they didn't have the ability to put me back together and shipped me to Seattle. The hospital in Seattle didn't have the appropriate dr's and several had to be flown in from the surrounding areas and Canada. During all of this waiting the dr's did not want to give me any medication for the pain other than Tylenol since they were worried about internal head injuries (or so they said). I still remember one of the doctors asking my mom for a photo of me and then asking if she wanted them to change anything about my appearance while they were at it... The surgery took about 6 hours, they had to go in through the roof of my mouth to repair my sinuses and extract the teeth from my upper jaw. The dr's later told me that they had stopped counting stitches at around 500 (mostly internal dissolvable). Took about a month to recover to the point of returning to school and except for the scar on my chin and the dental implants I am no worse for wear.

So that was my worst...

3. About a year later I was roller blading, warming up to play some street hockey. I hit an acorn and my lower right leg spun about 90 deg and broke both the bones in my lower leg. It took a few month in a full leg cast and a month in a wheel chair with my leg up but again I am no worse for wear.

Relatively run of the mill...

4. About a year later I was playing basketball in my driveway while wearing ring. I slammed the ball and my ring hooked on the rim. The skin on my finger peeled back like a banana from where a ring would sit to about a quarter inch from the tip of my finger exposing all of the muscles and tendons. Took another trip to the military doctors and they stitched it up (luckily saving my finger). The dr kept messing up when he was trying to give me a local anesthetic and kept sticking the needle all the way through my hand (he was trying to numb in the webbing area on both sides of the finger). It was actually quite interesting to watch the procedure. Took about 35 stitches if I recall correctly. After about a month all the bandages and stitches were removed. My finger was bent inward about halfway into the position it would be in when you make a fist because of all the tendon damage that had been repaired. The dr said that it would likely be that way for the rest of my life and wrote it off. I was not ok with that so I cut a series of progressively flatter splints on one of my dads saws and changes to a flatter one each week over the next couple months until the tendons had stretched back to normal. Again I am no worse for wear other than the scars and the fact that I can't feel the inside of the finger. I have full mobility.

Could have been much worse...

5. I was snowboarding a couple years ago at Loveland ski area in Colorado. A buddy of mine is a ski patroller their and he had just given me a call to meet him at the top of one of the chair lifts so that we could take a few runs on the backside and get rides up with the snowmobiles. I was on another lift at the time so I needed to get down and head up the appropriate lift. I remember clicking into my bindings at the top and starting my run, but just bits and pieces after that. The next thing I remember I was going end over end smashing my ankle and then knocking myself out (luckily I ride with full protective gear or I would have likely died). The next thing I remember a passing skier was asking me if I was ok and of course the natural reaction is to say that you are fine. I stood up tested my ankle, I could tell it was either sprained or broken but it could bear weight so I headed down as quickly as I could. The next thing I remember I was walking around the parking lot looking for my car aimlessly. As soon as I came out of the being knocked out on my feet state I found the car, rested for a bit and drove to the dr. Just a sprained ankle, partially torn achilles, and a concussion. The interesting thing about this one is the speed in which this happened at. I had my GPS tracker on when I crashed and I was doing 65 when it happened and went relatively quickly to 0. In the end my helmet was cracked nearly in half but again i am not really worse for wear.

Sorry for the length of this... Now that I scroll through this it is a mini novel. I'll attach two pics. One of the scars on my finger and another of the GPS readout from the snowboarding crash...

2002 TJ, 2.5L, 4" lift, 33" dunlop mud rovers, xrc8 winch, aussie locked d30, a-z fabrication ww2ww sliders, mounted mv-50 compressor, SirGcal sub box
image-2851979439.jpg   image-3946934671.jpg  
686keydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 02:11 AM   #10
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

^ You sir I'm convinced, are still here for a reason.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #11
anotherlilguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

686, holy **** you had a rough childhood!! I thought mine was above average when it came to injuries, but I had never broken a bone until I shot my hand. Had numerous stitches from my childhood tho.

And for the guys finger getting caught in the trailer, OUCH!! Good teaching lesson for children to keep their hands away from the trailer when helping hook up!!

Unread 04-12-2013, 02:30 AM   #12
686keydragon
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I figure it is just good karma... I saved my brothers life a couple times when we were kids (he nearly drowned once, and another time when he was being trampled and gored by a cow that I pulled off of him). One of my neighbors beat their kids to the point they both had died and I resuscitated one, my dad resuscitated the other one but he eventually died in the hospital. I swerved to miss an accident where a Tj got smashed and rolled by an 18 wheeler with the top off. The driver had died instantly but I was able to help his wife by putting a tourniquet on her partially severed arm calming her as best i could while directing traffic away from the accident until help could arrive. And a few other incidents along the way.

I am older now and hopefully past all my injuries, but I would have to say I have been quite lucky to have come away as clean as I have.

2002 TJ, 2.5L, 4" lift, 33" dunlop mud rovers, xrc8 winch, aussie locked d30, a-z fabrication ww2ww sliders, mounted mv-50 compressor, SirGcal sub box
Unread 04-12-2013, 02:33 AM   #13
686keydragon
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherlilguy
And for the guys finger getting caught in the trailer, OUCH!! Good teaching lesson for children to keep their hands away from the trailer when helping hook up!!
Yeah this one will definitely stick with me anytime I hook up a trailer... Yikes.

Unread 04-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #14
anotherlilguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Mods: thanks for title edit, the disclaimer is darn good idea. I didn't even think about it.

686, you have certainly had a colorful life. Sounds like your about like myself, do good things, help others, and have seemingly BAD luck. My fiancÚ always looks at me funny when the phone rings and I am out the door. I will leave at the drop of a dime to help my family and friends. But something always goes wrong shortly there after. Kinda entertaining to wait and see what happens after a good deed is done.

Unread 04-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #15
686keydragon
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherlilguy
Sounds like your about like myself, do good things, help others, and have seemingly BAD luck. My fiancÚ always looks at me funny when the phone rings and I am out the door. I will leave at the drop of a dime to help my family and friends. But something always goes wrong shortly there after. Kinda entertaining to wait and see what happens after a good deed is done.

Lol, so true.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.