Cassius Clay - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Cassius Clay

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-07-2012, 03:03 AM   #31
vwbuge
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconis View Post
Would not have occurred if OP hadn't put the word "God" in his post. Everything is about God, God, God. GOD BLESS AMERICA You actually sound like a bigot, OP. Lots of people deny God. I deny God. I guess that wipes away all of my achievements in life. Oh, man!
The idea behind the post is that he denied his country first and foremost. Yes, God has something to do with it.

You claim to deny God, do I condemn you? no. That is your choice whether I agree with it or not.

245/70-17
vwbuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #32
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

How did he deny God?? Islam prays to the same god as Christians. If you look back into the thousands of years of humanity people have prayed to thousands of different gods and profits. One would have to be delusional to think that their magic invisible man is any more "real" then the thousands before it. But that's how faith works I guess.
Unread 12-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #33
vwbuge
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconis View Post
Would not have occurred if OP hadn't put the word "God" in his post. Everything is about God, God, God. GOD BLESS AMERICA You actually sound like a bigot, OP. Lots of people deny God. I deny God. I guess that wipes away all of my achievements in life. Oh, man!
I am not taking away anything from or disrespecting any of his achievements. He is probably one of the greatest boxers of all time. The controversy that surrounds him is just a shame. He could have publicly gave his opinion about the war like many other celebrities.

Do you think he would have actually done any fighting? Do you think they would have sent him to the front lines?

I will pray to my "invisible man" for your salvation.
245/70-17
Unread 12-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #34
vwbuge
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJ4X4 View Post
How did he deny God?? Islam prays to the same god as Christians. If you look back into the thousands of years of humanity people have prayed to thousands of different gods and profits. One would have to be delusional to think that their magic invisible man is any more "real" then the thousands before it. But that's how faith works I guess.
It was once said that religion is the opiate of the people. I do believe that. We are free to choose who and what to pray to or believe in.

I feel badly that you do not feel that the "magic invisible man" that once walked this earth is different than any other.

To each his own and I condemn nobody for their beliefs.
245/70-17
Unread 12-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #35
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwbuge View Post
I am not taking away anything from or disrespecting any of his achievements. He is probably one of the greatest boxers of all time. The controversy that surrounds him is just a shame. He could have publicly gave his opinion about the war like many other celebrities.

Do you think he would have actually done any fighting? Do you think they would have sent him to the front lines?

I will pray to my "invisible man" for your salvation.
Bulge, he was actually the first celebrity to speak out against the war. Many others found the courage to do so after him. Just thought i'd throw that in. Anyways, i think we beat this horse to death lol.

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14148985]If they're gonna bend you over for that much, I'd definitely pay extra for the lube!![/QUOTE]

Jeep Build thread:

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/94-yj-build-thread-1234264/[/url]
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #36
Bigshankhank
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJ4X4 View Post
If you look back into the thousands of years of humanity people have prayed to thousands of different gods and profits. .
Man I don't know if you intentionally misspelled that, but you could not be more correct in terms of who organized religions are praying to.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #37
firefighter315
I got a brain sneeze....

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshankhank View Post
Man I don't know if you intentionally misspelled that, but you could not be more correct in terms of who organized religions are praying to.
Valid point in many ways!

All this discussion about Ali and whether he is a chicken **** piece of trash or a true American legend will never get decided. Everyone has their opinion and will most likely always stick with it. I know I have mine and will say the man is a humanitarian more than anything. He has given back to his neighborhood in many many ways. A lot of what you see in video clips from the old days was meant for intimidation, mind play with opponents, and showmanship. There is a reason his name is the most recognized in the world - he intended to make it that way and was very successful in doing it. I used to work with a member of his team from back in the 70s (motivational & strength coach) and he mentioned that if the public knew of the things he did for others on a daily basis, he would have no haters. He related that Ali had an on/off switch for the personality you saw on camera, in the ring, and in public. He was a very thoughtful, respectful, and genuinely nice human being in his heyday. He also told me that Ali's muslim beliefs began well before he went public with them. Did he become so vocal about it to save his own butt and convince others he was sincere, or did the draft force his hand to reveal a personal position that would not have been desireable for an individual dependent on public opinion for income in the 1960s U.S.? He had already been taught that being an Olympic boxing legend did not make him immune to the racial oppression of a 1960s Louisville.
Unread 12-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #38
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter315 View Post
Valid point in many ways!

All this discussion about Ali and whether he is a chicken **** piece of trash or a true American legend will never get decided. Everyone has their opinion and will most likely always stick with it. I know I have mine and will say the man is a humanitarian more than anything. He has given back to his neighborhood in many many ways. A lot of what you see in video clips from the old days was meant for intimidation, mind play with opponents, and showmanship. There is a reason his name is the most recognized in the world - he intended to make it that way and was very successful in doing it. I used to work with a member of his team from back in the 70s (motivational & strength coach) and he mentioned that if the public knew of the things he did for others on a daily basis, he would have no haters. He related that Ali had an on/off switch for the personality you saw on camera, in the ring, and in public. He was a very thoughtful, respectful, and genuinely nice human being in his heyday. He also told me that Ali's muslim beliefs began well before he went public with them. Did he become so vocal about it to save his own butt and convince others he was sincere, or did the draft force his hand to reveal a personal position that would not have been desireable for an individual dependent on public opinion for income in the 1960s U.S.? He had already been taught that being an Olympic boxing legend did not make him immune to the racial oppression of a 1960s Louisville.
Good post.

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14148985]If they're gonna bend you over for that much, I'd definitely pay extra for the lube!![/QUOTE]

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 12-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #39
vwbuge
2002 WJ 

decent debate thread. I respect everyone's opinions.

I hope everyone has a pleasant holiday season.
245/70-17
Unread 12-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #40
Rezneck
1984 CJ7 

I think Forman would have won the fight had the ropes not been so loose.

48 CJ-2A, Bone stock except it has Allstate locking hubs.
86 CJ-7, 4.0 HO, AX-15, D-30, AMC-20
84 CJ-7, YJ tub and fenders, 258 ci, T-176, D-30, D-44 Trutracs F/R, 4.27s, 33s
77-90ish Wagoneer/TJ/CJ Yard Sale Special, 360AMC, TH400, Quadratrac, D-44s F/R, 3.07s, 34" LTBs.
Rezneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:13 AM   #41
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

a patriot :Originally, a patriot was someone who loves their country and supports it, but won't blindly follow whatever their country's government does. These days, it is synonymous with Nationalist, which is someone who blindly follows whatever his country's government does, and lacks his own ability to think and reason for himself.
Many Americans seem to be patriots. More of them are nationalists.
Unread 12-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #42
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj
a patriot :Originally, a patriot was someone who loves their country and supports it, but won't blindly follow whatever their country's government does. These days, it is synonymous with Nationalist, which is someone who blindly follows whatever his country's government does, and lacks his own ability to think and reason for himself.
Many Americans seem to be patriots. More of them are nationalists.
I agree with u 100 fkn %

Jeep Build thread:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.