The cars you wish you had or still had - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > The cars you wish you had or still had

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Reply
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #166
elcorvino
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8Hondas

I know what Vipers go for. Hence, why I said I'll probably never be able to afford one. I don't know what you do for a living but I'm pretty sure you make more money than I ever will. I'm planning to major in ag systems management so if I get a good job in that field, I'll be very lucky to make $60k a year. Not exactly enough to have a spare $35k laying around to spend on a toy like a Viper.

Plus there's always my first love that will always have money spent on it before cars; motocross.

I also have no desire to own a Bentley or a Rolls. I don't like luxury. My dream car is an F40.
I make a few dollars. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful or anything. I just know if there is something i want, i will find a way to get it. I get money to play from my family who is well off on anything but cars. My dad is weird and has no interest in them. He will buy a 12K carbon fiber bicycle like he is going on the Tour de France but he just buys a year old Buick and drives it till it dies. Never even seen him wash it. So when I want stuff in terms of auto, I have to work for it. Luckily there is such a shortage in the medical field + I'm a night person... They constantly call me to pick up shifts.

Night shift is + 14% pay differential
Weekend night is + 23% pay differential

When I get called in, its time and a half on top of the pay differential and since I usually pick up 12 hour shifts and have worked 16 hour shifts, after 50 hours in a week, its pay differential + double time. My family may have money, but my work ethic is on point. LoL. I'm may be spoiled, but I'm not lazy.

elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #167
elcorvino
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport
I'll stick to american muscle.
Ok. Some people prefer a gutted out fox body that runs 8's and some people prefer a TT Z06 that is a daily driver and can hit a high 9. To each their own.

IMO that car is quality. I doubt any of those cars broke down in your parking lot or ran like crap. It is luxury with a bit of muscle.

I enjoy driving it, which is why I posted it and think its a very nice car.

I prefer American muscle as well - that's why I also posted my stroked and sprayed Chevy.
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #168
Ih8Hondas
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bethel, Missouri
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino
I make a few dollars. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful or anything. I just know if there is something i want, i will find a way to get it. I get money to play from my family who is well off on anything but cars. My dad is weird and has no interest in them. He will buy a 12K carbon fiber bicycle like he is going on the Tour de France but he just buys a year old Buick and drives it till it dies. Never even seen him wash it. So when I want stuff in terms of auto, I have to work for it. Luckily there is such a shortage in the medical field + I'm a night person... They constantly call me to pick up shifts.

Night shift is + 14% pay differential
Weekend night is + 23% pay differential

When I get called in, its time and a half on top of the pay differential and since I usually pick up 12 hour shifts and have worked 16 hour shifts, after 50 hours in a week, its pay differential + double time. My family may have money, but my work ethic is on point. LoL. I'm may be spoiled, but I'm not lazy.
Yeah. My mom is a preschool teacher and my dad's a farmer. Some years we have a little money, others we don't. No cashed up immediate family here. I have a couple of great uncles with their own planes and Mercs and stuff but one married into it and the other inherited most of his. They're both some of the nicest people you'll met though, and they don't take their good fortune for granted. I'll probably never see any of that money though.

I didn't grow up spoiled by any means, but I still didn't get the work ethic somehow. It really bit me in the *** in engineering school when I was used to just not doing homework in high school and getting the grades just by doing good on tests. Now I'm having to basically start from scratch again.

Really frustrating when you know you have the brains to easily be making at least double what you'll probably actually end up making just because you didn't feel the need to prove your intelligence to anybody.
__________________
1998 Jeep XJ: 4.0, AX15
2006 Yamaha YZ250: Stock
Ih8Hondas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #169
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,695
I enjoy my Jk my cj and my grandpas YJ

image-1251156452.jpg



image-2621031823.jpg



image-3552588339.jpg

And my Atv 2003 Kawasaki 650 v twin

image-1291104665.jpg
image-629525918.jpg  
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #170
elcorvino
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,243
I feel the same way in a sense. I got my Health Care Administration degree and when it comes to numbers I make rain man look dyslexic. Only problem is I graduated college early and nobody is going to hire a 20 year old to be a hospital administrator.

Large hospitals require you to also have a clinical degree, and I'm kind of ****ed in the head with no emotions so I went for my RN degree and currently float but prefer to pick up in the ER. Doesn't really matter to me what comes in... Not my arm sitting in a cooler next to the body. Just keeping cool is half of it. I just do the best job I can and see how it plays out. That's all anyone can do.

Hoping when I hit 28 - 30 I can get into a big facility and make $$$. The age thing is stupid. Just working here for a short time I've seen a few ways i could save this hospital literally millions of dollars a year. It's like all the people are book smart but have no common sense.

Anywho, 60K a year is better than most and starting from scratch is better than saying screw it. Keep on the right track and you'll be fine.
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #171
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,994
a.s. ?
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/its-jeep-grand-cherokee-you-1443132/#post14516738
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #172
Ih8Hondas
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bethel, Missouri
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino
I feel the same way in a sense. I got my Health Care Administration degree and when it comes to numbers I make rain man look dyslexic. Only problem is I graduated college early and nobody is going to hire a 20 year old to be a hospital administrator.

Large hospitals require you to also have a clinical degree, and I'm kind of ****ed in the head with no emotions so I went for my RN degree and currently float but prefer to pick up in the ER. Doesn't really matter to me what comes in... Not my arm sitting in a cooler next to the body. Just keeping cool is half of it. I just do the best job I can and see how it plays out. That's all anyone can do.

Hoping when I hit 28 - 30 I can get into a big facility and make $$$. The age thing is stupid. Just working here for a short time I've seen a few ways i could save this hospital literally millions of dollars a year. It's like all the people are book smart but have no common sense.

Anywho, 60K a year is better than most and starting from scratch is better than saying screw it. Keep on the right track and you'll be fine.
Every industry has the age thing.

I'm not good at numbers because my freshman year in high school I bought a programmable calculator to do all my work for me. I never had to (and never did) learn math because of it. Then I got to college and they wouldn't let me use it. I was ****ed.

And there were a lot of students at the engineering school I was at that were book smart but had no common sense. It was scary. These are the people who are going to be designing your cars, buildings, roads, bridges, writing your software programs, etc but they've never actually touched, much less worked on, the things they'll be designing and helping to build. The only ones who did have common sense were on student design teams (and participated, not the ones who just went to the meetings, the ones who built stuff).

This semester is make or break for me. Parents tell me I can't take classes any more (even if I pay for them myself like I have for three semesters now) unless I get the 3.5 I need this semester to get back into a four year school. So I could involuntarily end up saying **** it.
__________________
1998 Jeep XJ: 4.0, AX15
2006 Yamaha YZ250: Stock
Ih8Hondas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #173
elcorvino
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,243
Then get that 3.5! Lol
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #174
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8Hondas

Every industry has the age thing.

I'm not good at numbers because my freshman year in high school I bought a programmable calculator to do all my work for me. I never had to (and never did) learn math because of it. Then I got to college and they wouldn't let me use it. I was ****ed.

And there were a lot of students at the engineering school I was at that were book smart but had no common sense. It was scary. These are the people who are going to be designing your cars, buildings, roads, bridges, writing your software programs, etc but they've never actually touched, much less worked on, the things they'll be designing and helping to build. The only ones who did have common sense were on student design teams (and participated, not the ones who just went to the meetings, the ones who built stuff).

This semester is make or break for me. Parents tell me I can't take classes any more (even if I pay for them myself like I have for three semesters now) unless I get the 3.5 I need this semester to get back into a four year school.
Book smart people are scary. I am on an engineering design team at my HS and we are designing an electric car. We are building the chassis and everything from scratch. And this is a senior project but me as a junior am the person everyone comes to when they have a question on how something works or if the thing they want is a good idea. And I am the only one on the team who knows how I work the metal lathe and mill. Well actually everything in out metal shop.
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #175
Ih8Hondas
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bethel, Missouri
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher
Book smart people are scary. I am on an engineering design team at my HS and we are designing an electric car. We are building the chassis and everything from scratch. And this is a senior project but me as a junior am the person everyone comes to when they have a question on how something works or if the thing they want is a good idea. And I am the only one on the team who knows how I work the metal lathe and mill. Well actually everything in out metal shop.
I know. We had to design a kinetic battery (I think that's what the professor called it) in one of my freshman engineering classes and there were people in there who were scared absolutely ****less of drills and saws. Some were even scared of sanders. I genuinely fear for the future of the entire earth because of what I saw in that class.

I'd never run a metal lathe before I was on the formula car team but I got the hang of it pretty quick. I had run a mill and a wood lathe before. I really miss that about engineering school. I loved working on the FSAE car.

We are miles off topic here. Haha. And it's mostly my fault.
__________________
1998 Jeep XJ: 4.0, AX15
2006 Yamaha YZ250: Stock
Ih8Hondas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #176
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8Hondas

I know. We had to design a kinetic battery (I think that's what the professor called it) in one of my freshman engineering classes and there were people in there who were scared absolutely ****less of drills and saws. Some were even scared of sanders. I genuinely fear for the future of the entire earth because of what I saw in that class.

I'd never run a metal lathe before I was on the formula car team but I got the hang of it pretty quick. I had run a mill and a wood lathe before. I really miss that about engineering school. I loved working on the FSAE car.

We are miles off topic here. Haha. And it's mostly my fault.
Haha it's fine. My thread anyway haha.
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #177
elcorvino
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher

Haha it's fine. My thread anyway haha.
You ought to check out CNC. My boy dropped out of highschool and got his GED. 5 years later I was talking to him and he had experience with CNC and was working under a military contract for the government. He now makes over 100K working for John Deer.
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #178
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino

You ought to check out CNC. My boy dropped out of highschool and got his GED. 5 years later I was talking to him and he had experience with CNC and was working under a military contract for the government. He now makes over 100K working for John Deer.
Thats pretty cool. But I'm thinkin about construction super intendant
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #179
Anthony92x
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Huntington, WV
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino
The sleeper. In SoFla most people who street race have big money machines and laugh at the typical stock viper that comes out because... Well it's a joke and isn't going to hang with a TT Z06 with a Warhawk LS7. No turbo or SC so it doesn't sound like a big numbers car. That said... Full interior, Air conditioning, in dash TV, etc. Doug Levin built motor with a 3 stage + propane. 1300 TQ 1050 HP to the wheels. About 30K into the motor build.
Yeah umm

Sent from the Death Star
__________________
07 WK 3.7, Cree 7w reverse lights, tinted tails, kicker audio, K&N filter,ported TB, RC 1.25in spacers, Bilstein HDS, 4 prong plugs, aux lights, Bedliner'd grill, rear step and rear latch cover.
Anthony92x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #180
Jeeper69
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post

Night shift is + 14% pay differential
Weekend night is + 23% pay differential
Get some lockers for those differentials
Jeeper69 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.