The cars you wish you had or still had - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > The cars you wish you had or still had

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 10-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #151
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

The guy who built the motor is a magic man. Here are a few pics from the shop.

image-3419248731.jpg

image-950930119.jpg

image-4128106241.jpg

image-1035560267.jpg

My favorite... Chromed out TT.

image-3044096591.jpg

elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #152
evanjeep
1988 YJ Wrangler 

He must be doing well to work on those cars ^
evanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #153
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Few more pics because I'm bored at work.

My 1984 el camino show / race car. Got 60 - 70K into it and still not done.

Built 383 corvette motor and tranny swap on 2 stages linked to a grand national 8.5" w/ Detroit trutrac posi and a 3000 stall.

image-1216373861.jpg

Every single piece of suspension and the frame is powder coated, custom suspension (coil overs, adjustable Ctrl arms), mini tubs...

image-2960010567.jpg

Custom iForged rims. 20x10 rear with a 305 drag radial and 19x8 front. The rear has 13... Or 14" Baer brake upgrade. The front has 14" or 15". Don't recall. Custom exhaust long tubes. Entire body is shaved... Door handles, side view mirrors, antenna, side marker lights.

The reason I don't want to dump too much money into my jeep, grandpa's "work truck" 2.5 years old now and has 3,500 miles on it. He is almost due for an upgrade.

image-13293298.jpg

Grandma's whips. Bentley is almost 2 years old? With 870 miles on it and a early 2000's AMG with 5,100 miles on it. Old people just don't drive. It's science. Lol

image-787964184.jpg
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #154
Bacon91XJ
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Still wish i had my 84 ramcharger. 6" lift 35's. Built 360 thing was a tank. My dream car is my 70 dodge charger r/t (i just have to find time to finish restoring it)
Bacon91XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #155
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino
The sleeper. In SoFla most people who street race have big money machines and laugh at the typical stock viper that comes out because... Well it's a joke and isn't going to hang with a TT Z06 with a Warhawk LS7. No turbo or SC so it doesn't sound like a big numbers car. That said... Full interior, Air conditioning, in dash TV, etc. Doug Levin built motor with a 3 stage + propane. 1300 TQ 1050 HP to the wheels. About 30K into the motor build.
My favorite style of Viper. So jelly. Too bad I'll probably never be able to afford a car like that.
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #156
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Btw - people who say cars like the Bentley are a waste of money are just jealous because they can't afford one. That car hauls A$$ and gives my el camino a run for its money off the line. It's also like 5K pounds with amazing air suspension. Takes speed bumps like a champ and unlike most convertibles, you can't hear anything outside.

Similarly, the caddy EXT is nothing like an avalanche. Aside from looks, the suspension is air ride and is amazing and the interior is much nicer. They aren't more expensive for fun, you get what you pay for.
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #157
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
Btw - people who say cars like the Bentley are a waste of money are just jealous because they can't afford one. That car hauls A$$ and gives my el camino a run for its money off the line. It's also like 5K pounds with amazing air suspension. Takes speed bumps like a champ and unlike most convertibles, you can't hear anything outside.

Similarly, the caddy EXT is nothing like an avalanche. Aside from looks, the suspension is air ride and is amazing and the interior is much nicer. They aren't more expensive for fun, you get what you pay for.
Bentleys are a waste of money.

Unread 10-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #158
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8Hondas

My favorite style of Viper. So jelly. Too bad I'll probably never be able to afford a car like that.
They aren't that expensive. Look on ebay. Since the market went to **** you can pick up a low miles 2001 GTS for 25 - 30K.

Granted Doug Levin charged 30K for the motor build and the TT kit which was put off was an additional 30. But as a stock viper, add a 200 shot and call it a day. Great vehicle.
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #159
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport

Bentleys are a waste of money.

LoL. Go buy one and let me know how much you hate it. They even contact you for your maintenance to stay on top of it. Come to your house with a flat bed trailer - change the oil - and bring it back at your convenience.
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #160
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
LoL. Go buy one and let me know how much you hate it. They even contact you for your maintenance to stay on top of it. Come to your house with a flat bed trailer - change the oil - and bring it back at your convenience.
I used to valet them all the time at the country club I worked at. They aren't that great. That's just me.
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #161
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino
They aren't that expensive. Look on ebay. Since the market went to **** you can pick up a low miles 2001 GTS for 25 - 30K.

Granted Doug Levin charged 30K for the motor build and the TT kit which was put off was an additional 30. But as a stock viper, add a 200 shot and call it a day. Great vehicle.
I know what Vipers go for. Hence, why I said I'll probably never be able to afford one. I don't know what you do for a living but I'm pretty sure you make more money than I ever will. I'm planning to major in ag systems management so if I get a good job in that field, I'll be very lucky to make $60k a year. Not exactly enough to have a spare $35k laying around to spend on a toy like a Viper. I don't have any rich family member that are going to leave me part of their fortunes either, so I'm pretty SOL as far as supercars go.

Plus there's always my first love that will always have money spent on it before cars; motocross.

I also have no desire to own a Bentley or a Rolls. I don't like luxury. My dream car is an F40.

If only I had pulled my head out of my *** sooner and done the work and stayed in engineering school...
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #162
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanjeep
He must be doing well to work on those cars ^
He does great work. I'd leave him my car and a blank check before I ever put my car in that crook John Hennessey's parking lot. Doug holds quite a few records for fastest TT cars. Just isn't as well known as Hennessey because he doesn't send cars to car and driver to play with and pay for advertising. Anyone in the serious high end racing market knows of him.
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #163
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Wish I never would have sold my 02 Trans Am

Here she is..... was

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #164
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport

I used to valet them all the time at the country club I worked at. They aren't that great.
Oh, gotcha. Ya drove it 30 feet to a parking spot or possibly opened up on it for 1/2 mile down a back street. I can see how you based your decision. I guess you are right. Ill tell my grandma to sell her 250K car and buy a new Lexus because its all the same ****. :lol:
Unread 10-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #165
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh, gotcha. Ya drove it 30 feet to a parking spot or possibly opened up on it for 1/2 mile down a back street. I can see how you based your decision. I guess you are right. Ill tell my grandma to sell her 250K car and buy a new Lexus because its all the same ****. :lol:
Regardless, I drove a bunch of them every single day for a year.

I will continue to keep my opinion based on my experience. I couldn't care less if they "haul ***" or the company calls you to remind you for maintenance. That just proves they are cars for old folks if you need to be reminded about the maintenance on your car. You can tell your grandma to do whatever she wants with her "250k" dollar car. Because in my opinion, she wasted 250 thousand dollars. But thanks for bragging about what your grandma drives

I'll stick to american muscle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.