Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals 2013 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals 2013

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals 2013

My buds in the Durango Owner's Club are drifting toward the Truck Nats this year vs the Chrysler Nats..

Having a tent at Carlisle is a wonderful thing. PA in July is either hot or wet, usually both.

If there at least a few folks here who think they will do the Chrysler Nats, I'd consider funding a jeepforum tent.

What say?

...tom

Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm only about an hour and a half away ,if you got something together I would make the trip,as long as you don't mind my station wagon.
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

My birthday's right in the middle of that lol. I would try to make it. A tent would be boss.

Edit: FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/ChryslerNationals
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I wish I could go, but its too far from me.

At least over here on the west coast we have Mopar spring fling, which is about 30 minutes from my house. It ain't no Carlisle, but its the biggest mopar show west of the Mississippi.

-Chris LeDoux

I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.
LJameson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Let's keep this alive; if you think you'll be going to the chrysler nats, drop a note here.. I'll probably talk to the Carlisle folks about a tent somewhere around early march.
-------
Unread 01-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

most likely going to the all breeds jeep show myself.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
jeepmt
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just moved to New Oxford about 6 months ago, whats the chrystler nationals all about? went to the corvette one.
Unread 01-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

The Chrysler nats are everything Chrysler...

some of my photosets from years past:
http://kopec.us/Carlisle_09/
http://kopec.us/carlisle_10/

yeah, yeah, I didn't put a lot of effort into making a nice presentation.. and the pix are a little durango-centric..

it isn't a hardcore jeepathon, but it is a pretty awesome get-together of Mopar fans..
-------

Last edited by w1pf; 01-31-2013 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: grammar
Unread 01-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #9
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Carlisle Chrysler Nats is kind of a mishmash of car show and family picnic.

for several years Rausch Creek had a demo area where you could rock climb, but last year they were not there for some reason.

The past two years, Chrysler had a fleet of vehicles you could take for a spin around the fairgrounds.

"the tent" is a common area where a group (whatever the group is) collectively provides bottled water to survive the heat, shared grills where people can have lunch together, maybe tip back some other beverages later in the day, and just kinda hang out.

http://durangoclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15092 is the DOC thread from 2012, with the good, the bad, and the ugly. The important part is that while there are awesome vehicles all around you, it is really more about the people you meet and hang with.

(PS: I'm 'tomk' over there..)
-------

Last edited by w1pf; 01-31-2013 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: reference
Unread 01-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #10
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Is a majority of it classic cars? Unfortunately, my friends aren't into classics much.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 03:26 AM   #11
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Its a mix of old and new..

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/pdf/20...er_Classes.pdf
-------

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.