Car speaker gurus (again) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Car speaker gurus (again)

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 05-02-2004, 12:23 PM   #1
Cap'n

Car speaker gurus (again)

Yesterday I went out and baught a cd player and two speakers in a combo deal. It was only $80 but suprisingly it works pretty good. I didn't have enough time to hook it all up yesterday so I just got it to where I could listen to it untill I have time to finish. I had a pair of 6x9 sony speakers laying around so I just hooked those two up in the back for now. The head unit is 40 watts x 4. Right now since it has 2 speakers is it running 80 watts x 2? When I hook up the other two speakers is the sound going to be cut in half since it has to send it out to 4 speakers instead of 2?

thanks
cap'n

Unread 05-02-2004, 01:45 PM   #2
GenXSlkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n
Yesterday I went out and baught a cd player and two speakers in a combo deal. It was only $80 but suprisingly it works pretty good. I didn't have enough time to hook it all up yesterday so I just got it to where I could listen to it untill I have time to finish. I had a pair of 6x9 sony speakers laying around so I just hooked those two up in the back for now. The head unit is 40 watts x 4. Right now since it has 2 speakers is it running 80 watts x 2? When I hook up the other two speakers is the sound going to be cut in half since it has to send it out to 4 speakers instead of 2?

thanks
cap'n
It is running 40x4 no matter if you hook up 2 or 4 it still runs the same. That is also peak watts you are actualy running more like 12-30ish watts rms per channel depending on the deck quality. guessing by the price yours is probably in the 12rms per channel range.
02 TJ sport, Teraflex 3", 33X12.5, 4.0, 5spd.,D30/D44 4:56 w/rear detroit
[URL=http://joshua-orv.hostrocket.com/fc_pic80.jpg]FACE[/URL]
[URL=http://www.project-mayhem.ndo.co.uk/11-%20clever_wav.wav]Voice[/URL]
GenXSlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2004, 07:12 PM   #3
Cap'n

Thanks a bunch. I knew befor hand that it wasn't actually running that much I was just using that as a reference. Now the only problem is I have to figure out where to put the other speakers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.