Canadian Members ! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Canadian Members !

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 08-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #16
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke
Simple solution, move out of Canada.
Why would he do that? Canada is an awesome place to live.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.

Unread 08-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #17
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
Why would he do that? Canada is an awesome place to live.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Isn't it just one big trailer park?

Unread 08-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #18
Pierre_r

1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quit your whining..
You live a lot closer to america then i and some other members do...

Have you ever heard us complain?
Pierre_r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #19
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre_r View Post
Quit your whining..
You live a lot closer to america then i and some other members do...

Have you ever heard us complain?
Ah....you live on a totally different continent and don't live under the gov't pushed North American Free Trade Agreement?

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #20
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Isn't it just one big trailer park?

LMAO!!! Love it! Honestlythough, couldn't tell you where there actually is a trail park where people actually live. Camp grounds ones? Lots of those those.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Unread 08-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #21
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Hey guys,

We're working on being able to offer promotions and products to Canada in the very near future. It's a combination of shipping costs and contest/promo/sweepstakes laws in Canada. We promise that we've been working on it for our friends in the Great White North! We'll update as soon as we get the green light...
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #22
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I like Canadians, but man you guys whine a lot! It's too cold, my igloo melted, this beaver pelt is too thin, we only have dial-up, my milk isn't thawed yet, I got deported, we don't like war, JF is prejudice, blah blah blah.

Suck it up Nancy!
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #23
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
I'd say that all the contests and giveaways that took place prior to the sale of the forum were open to Canadian member as well. The only difference was that the sponsor of the contest specified that if a winner was outside the CONUS, they would pay shipping. As far as the discounts for forum members go, I've been able to take advantage of several just by speaking to the forum rep by phone or PM. While it might not be the same free shipping offer in the CONUS, 99% of the time they'll work with you.

The Quadratec giveaway is really the only one that comes to mind that specifically excludes non-US members, but I'd say that has more to do with import and tax rules than anything.

As it stands today, access to the forum is no different for a Canadian member compared to a US member.
Just something I have seen time and time again. As said above, something simple as "we're going to tot give you a free sticker" or "special free shipping" or such. You're just a drive away over the border? Sorry, too bad. You're out of luck. As Tjinsaanich said, it makes you feel left out of things. I have always questioned everything, and if no one ever speaks up and says something, nothing ever changes and things can never grow and get better. Do companies in the US not care about us Canadians? Do they not want us purchasing from them? From the ones I've dealt with, yes they do are, and they do want us as their customer. That being said, doesn't any company that values their customers want to hear the thoughts and feelings of those customers? If a company is customer service driven, of course they do! This is how you build loyalty and a customer that sticks by you for years. In Canada you don`t typically see someone *****ing and causing a **** storm because they have had a really bad experience with a company. They tell all their friends and don`t go back. Then those friends tell their friends. One really upset customer can mean the loss of potential customers 100x that one. in the retail industry, this is something that they stress over and over. Because there is truth to it.

Now, I`m not point any fingers, or saying don`t buy from this person or that person at all. I`m just saying that promotions as simple as a sticker, why not include everybody? Here in Canada we do A LOT of border and online shopping in the US so are we not just as important as customers? I see it time and time again. But what does not saying something do? Nothing. How do companies know as a consumer we would like to be included in these types of things and it does mater to us if no one says anything. Communication is a very valuble thing. No one is a mind reader and unless someone opens their mouth and asks the queston, or questions someting how do they know there is a question?

I do understand that companies do what they do, but wouldn't be nice to include Canada and US as some companies do with promotions like stickers, or such. Really simple things. There is one company I deal with in the US that go over and above to keep shipping to Canada at an extremely reasonable rate and have never had to deal with duty. I do understand shipping rates, and many keep them reasonable or give options of how to send (USPS always seems better than Fedex and definitely UPS which always screw us for duties/taxes/brokerage charges) If shipping is too expensive, I won't buy. I myself at times don't purchase things and find somewhere else just because don't want to deal with all the charges UPS does. It can literally make it not worth purchasing something. USPS has ALWAYS been great in my experience and almost all I've purchased has been shipped through them. Just pick it up at my local post office. Easy-peasy.

One experience I had was with WARN. I asked how I could get the `go prepared` banner for my XJ. Not only did they send me the banner, they sent me an envelope full of stickers. Again, it`s a company that from a customer service point of view have been great, and to me as a consumer, they went above what I was asking for and it`s a company I deal with still due to that fact if they have what I need. That was what? 8yr ago and counting now?

On contests though, yes. WHOLE different ball game. This is due to laws that are in place which makes it near impossible. It's like here. Some constest do not include Quebec, or some are specifically for Quebec.I don't agree wih this either, but is to do with the various laws. Just like it would be for US/Canada. To do so would mean having to run two parrallel constests. Not typically feasible from a monetary point of view. But contests are different from promotions/giveaways.

Unread 08-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #24
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
I like Canadians, but man you guys whine a lot! It's too cold, my igloo melted, this beaver pelt is too thin, we only have dial-up, my milk isn't thawed yet, we don't like war, JF is prejudice, blah blah blah.

Suck it up Nancy!

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #25
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
So the site address I've always noticed on here is Peter St. in Toronto, Ontario, CANADA. Cool right? So why do everytime I go to a promotion it's US only? No Canadian love at all.

http://www.extremeterrain.com/jeep-forum-freedecal.html
So wait a min, you are blaming the forum for a decal giveaway that is on a vendors site. . . .

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #26
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTZach View Post
Hey guys,

We're working on being able to offer promotions and products to Canada in the very near future. It's a combination of shipping costs and contest/promo/sweepstakes laws in Canada. We promise that we've been working on it for our friends in the Great White North! We'll update as soon as we get the green light...
That's great to hear! and as I said, I know about the issues with contest laws. Very different from a promo or gwp. (Got anymore red tape?)

It's nice to know some companies do listen to thougts and concerns, and that's really the whole point. It's not whining or *****ing like some like to make it out to be and miss the whole point. Money is still money, and loyalty to a company is something that's worth a lot with a lot of choices of where to spend our hard earn dollars. I like to support a company that supports me and cares about me as a customer. There are lots of Canadians that buy from US companies, and other than shipping costs a bit more, I really don't see a difference in buying here or there. To me we're all North America, and should see it as that, not 'us and them'. I do choose carefully who I buy from, looking at customer service, quality, and shipping method/cost as being most important, as it can make or break making it a better deal than buying here. The flip side is, because of this, I find myself sticking with companies, and have with some been included in promotions such as free giveaway, or GWP or such.

There's one company I deal with for numerous years now, that not only always give personal customer service for your needs, are able to do flat shipping rate to keep costs of shipping down. Had a problem with a part and they just shipped it out and said sorry it was defective. Had it in a couple days. No 20 questions, or any hassle. Wish some of the larger companies we all deal with would be like this. Seems that only the smaller ones run this way. But that's why I deal with them over larger companies.

Look at it in reverse. If someone in the US could get a product they need at a very good quality, better price including shipping, and get a promo item or gwp with would you not buy it from that company, especially if their customer service was top notch? Of course you would!! Now, how would you feel then if you got left out of every gwp or promo they offered?

We're all one big community. Should we not thing that way with other things?

Unread 08-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #27
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbuGrl View Post
So wait a min, you are blaming the forum for a decal giveaway that is on a vendors site. . . .
Nope.

Unread 08-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #28
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
I like Canadians, but man you guys whine a lot! It's too cold, my igloo melted, this beaver pelt is too thin, we only have dial-up, my milk isn't thawed yet, I got deported, we don't like war, JF is prejudice, blah blah blah.

Suck it up Nancy!
Then you don't know the 'Canadian Way' then.

And yes, she did just that last night. She was very good!

Unread 08-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #29
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

The long and short of it is that expecting a company to go through a bunch of legal hassle to satisfy a tenth or less of it's customer base by giving away a token prize isn't too realistic. If they do, great. But if a big protion of your choice in suppliers is whether or not you have a chance to enter a contest where you might get a token prize, then you're only limiting yourself.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #30
mrott
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Suck it up Nancy!

That's going in the sig for a while...
mrott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.