Canadian Members ! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Canadian Members !

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 08-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Tjinsaanich
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Canadian Members !

As A members of this forum for few years now I have felt left out of all contest & promo available to the USA members... I hate to point this out but there are other countries in North America my US brothers... There are a lot of Canadian members here on this Jeep forum and I'm sure there would be more if this place was a little more accessible to us. Moderators and forum administrators think about it and see if you could do something about these issues cause I and many of my countrymen & women are very disappointed with this forum being an US citizen only forum.

2001 TJ sport with 4.0L 5 speed transmission, rear "PosiTrack", front Lokka (Aussie) locker, Zone Off-Road axle tube seals, 2" Jeep "Rubicon" coils & Zone off-Road 2" shocks, 1" body lift, 31" Federal Couragia MT tires.
Tjinsaanich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I'd say that all the contests and giveaways that took place prior to the sale of the forum were open to Canadian member as well. The only difference was that the sponsor of the contest specified that if a winner was outside the CONUS, they would pay shipping. As far as the discounts for forum members go, I've been able to take advantage of several just by speaking to the forum rep by phone or PM. While it might not be the same free shipping offer in the CONUS, 99% of the time they'll work with you.

The Quadratec giveaway is really the only one that comes to mind that specifically excludes non-US members, but I'd say that has more to do with import and tax rules than anything.

As it stands today, access to the forum is no different for a Canadian member compared to a US member.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Um. Excuse me. Um.

This forum is owned and operated out of Canada.

Now go sit down.
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

This thread sucks.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
nwiTJdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
This thread sucks, eh.
Fixed

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

Naw..If we start catering to you guys, then the mexicans will want special treatment...

It's all downhill from there!

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck633 View Post
Naw..If we start catering to you guys, then the mexicans will want special treatment...

It's all downhill from there!
I lolz.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #8
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

No Canadian Love when doing promotions?

So the site address I've always noticed on here is Peter St. in Toronto, Ontario, CANADA. Cool right? So why do everytime I go to a promotion it's US only? No Canadian love at all.

http://www.extremeterrain.com/jeep-forum-freedecal.html

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #9
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Didn't you post another thread about this? This site is owned by Canadians, they arent discriminating against anyone. It's just easier for US companies to ship to US customers.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #10
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

No, I haven't, but it's something I've always noticed. Just blows just for the price of a simple stamp in an envelope. Bad enough we have to pay duty and taxes on parts ordered from the US. Free Trade? My ***. Parts up here typically are 2-3x as much. So I do order parts up from the US as, at times makes sense, but of course the good ol' gov't has to put their hands in your pockets to take more out. Yep! I feel the tax pain! LOL

Good example of this is my ball joints cost me less than 1/2 of what they would have cost me here.(and are the rebuildable persuasion). Then of course before you can have your item they tack duty and make you pay taxes on everything.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #11
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Simple solution, move out of Canada.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #12
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

That's never a simple solution and not the point.

Unread 08-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #13
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Make a parts list and road trip it to the states,I am currently unaware of new jeep parts sniffing dogs at the border.
Unread 08-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #14
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98muddyjeep View Post
Make a parts list and road trip it to the states,I am currently unaware of new jeep parts sniffing dogs at the border.
This is what I do, or just order from Northridge (which, 9 times out of 10, winds up being as cheap as the price on the US sites).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
So the site address I've always noticed on here is Peter St. in Toronto, Ontario, CANADA. Cool right? So why do everytime I go to a promotion it's US only? No Canadian love at all.

http://www.extremeterrain.com/jeep-forum-freedecal.html
You'd have to take that up with Extreme Terrain or the other vendors that don't provide the same promotions in Canada as in the US. Just like Quadratec, they can run their giveaways how they want. Jeepforum doesn't tell them who to exclude.

Jeepforum and by extension, AutoGuide, isn't limiting access or promotions. It is individual vendors, for whatever reason.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #15
Hurley91

God damn Hosers! Wait, what?

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.