California Tops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > California Tops

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-26-2001, 09:05 PM   #1
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

California Tops

I was thinking about getting some goodies for my Jeep from California Tops. I heard both good and bad about their stuff, then I found a message from another forum ... and was not impressed with what they all wrote.

Anyone here have anything good or bad to say about their products, prices or service before I spend my money there?

Thanks!

• Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2001, 11:55 PM   #2
RickCJ7

I've had 2 of there tops and they looked great. The price was very good. The only problem I have was putting on and taking off. They fit very tight and with the fastback tops were hard to remove and install. But I quess thats a good thing. I had the Stinger and the Fastback. Nothing looks as cool. I liked the fastback, roll up the rear window and take off the doors and instant bikini. The Stinger was harder to change. You can't get into the back.
Unread 08-29-2001, 01:12 PM   #3
Justicewolf

I had the pickup top from them and it KICKED ***. I was very pleased with it and it was tight, but that is good. And if you don't carry peole in the back seat often then it is perfect. That was on my '94. I have an '89 now and it came with 2 tops one is the factory hardtop, and a Bestop soft top. So far I like the Calafornia top better, it was a much better fit.
Unread 08-29-2001, 02:46 PM   #4
bigblueyj

i love my pick up top only one thing they forgot to sew on a strap on the bikin top that goes around the roll bar i have a 89 yj duh!!! other than that i love b/c i only a passager and iam still in school so i dont have to take home people
bigblueyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2001, 05:50 PM   #5
hog

I have a pickup style top on a 95, I really like the quality and with the inslulation package it is much warmer and quieter than standard top (I'v had 3 different brand tops in the past). The only complaint I have is that there is no support for the back window panel when you take the tonnue cover off, so the edge wrap arounds blow in the wind.
I would agree they are not the easiest thing to take on and off, as they are extremely tight (but I think this is a good thing).
hog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2001, 07:08 PM   #6
my litte red yj

has anyone used it in the winter i have a full best top ,but i think it is going to be real cold this winter i was looking at hard top's but for the millage on it and what i use it for i can not see spending big money for a top and door's, and who sells them?? i figure a small area would be easy to keep warm in the winter
my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2001, 03:20 PM   #7
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

You can check out the California Tops by clicking on the link supplied here.

I think I will drive up to Edmonton where the tops are made and see what can be done for my Jeep. Its only a 3hr drive from my house.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.