Cali residents - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Cali residents

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Steinjäger photo contest!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-17-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Cali residents

Ahhnold is claiming that "California" currently doesn't have enough water. I think he meant that Northern California and Arizona don't have enough water to supply the big leach that is stuck to our south and west respectively.

Discuss.

Unread 07-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Stocker

Matt, I think you pegged it. He wants more dams, higher dams, and a peripheral canal. Sigh........ here we go again.

I don't much follow politics (or politicians), but they say that to figure things out, follow the money. Think the money smells like SoCal green?
Unread 07-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #3
Nuthin
Curses! Foiled again!!

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, that's the argument they used to steal half of the Colorado River. This is a surprise to you?
--You're doing it wrong. - Cause --I don't care. At least I'm doing it. - AKABOB
"The minute you hear ‘freedom’ and ‘democracy’, watch out…because in a truly free nation, no one has to tell you you’re free.” Jacque Fresco

Tread Lightly - Stay the Trail
Wardrobe by Levi, makeup by Chance, hairstyle by Wrangler
Nuthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuthin
Yeah, that's the argument they used to steal half of the Colorado River. This is a surprise to you?
No, I'm just whining because our lakes and rivers are dry. Not only does their water come from us (Nor Cal and AZ/CO), but most of their electricity does too. Seriously, we need an earthquake.
Unread 07-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #5
XJ2Timer

Divert the water so people can have green stuff growing when they move to the arid sunny places they want to live. Then there is this happening in Texas. Our governor wants to build a huge toll road, pipeline and rail complex that might be a 1/4 mile wide from Mexico to Oklahoma. Right where the best farming soil is. You can move people, you can't move the geology and geography where plants grow.
Unread 07-17-2007, 08:14 PM   #6
dyna

frustrating driving around town and seeing every house running sprinklers till a flood runs down the gutter. Its all local surface or well but still...Our well is 3.5 GPM, at 600 feet, Dang grape growers burn it up like its nothing.
They were saying with Arnies presentation that there would likely be several more years of little rain, could get ugly.
Loved a bumper sticker I saw once in Bishop Ca, showed a kid peeing in a river (owens)and said "drink up LA, theres plenty where that came from"
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 08:18 PM   #7
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
Invest in desalination plants. The ocean is right there!
Unread 07-17-2007, 08:21 PM   #8
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna
frustrating driving around town and seeing every house running sprinklers till a flood runs down the gutter. Its all local surface or well but still...Our well is 3.5 GPM, at 600 feet, Dang grape growers burn it up like its nothing.
They were saying with Arnies presentation that there would likely be several more years of little rain, could get ugly.
Loved a bumper sticker I saw once in Bishop Ca, showed a kid peeing in a river (owens)and said "drink up LA, theres plenty where that came from"
The wet/dry, El Nino/La Nina cycle is nothing new. The *** clowns in Sacramento need to pull their heads out and understand that finally. Also, I make a point of pooping in one of the lakes at least once a year, just out of spite. It somehow makes me feel better about the water going to LA.
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:01 PM   #9
gregs887
Up your butt Jobu

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor
exactly! but when did politicians do anything that made sense?
gregs887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:31 PM   #10
Stocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor
This is by far the best long-term solution. It's expensive, but economies of scale should bring costs down -- and they'll never run out of raw material. With populations soaring and dry-weather patterns that can last for years (possibly decades), it needs to be done. The sooner they get started, the better.
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:32 PM   #11
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker
This is by far the best long-term solution. It's expensive, but economies of scale should bring costs down -- and they'll never run out of raw material. With populations soaring and dry-weather patterns that can last for years (possibly decades), it needs to be done. The sooner they get started, the better.
Cali has the world's 8th largest gross product, I'm sure we can afford desalination plants.
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:35 PM   #12
Stocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch
I make a point of pooping in one of the lakes at least once a year, just out of spite. It somehow makes me feel better about the water going to LA.
Uh, I hope you're kidding; it would probably just settle & stay in the lake anyway. Better to drop a deuce in a South-bound canal. At least it'll go where it should instead of fouling our local waters...
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #13
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker
Uh, I hope you're kidding; it would probably just settle & stay in the lake anyway. Better to drop a deuce in a South-bound canal. At least it'll go where it should instead of fouling our local waters...
I am kidding, sort of.
Unread 07-17-2007, 10:28 PM   #14
sharpie
go to driveautogear.com!

yea, it sucks. goddarn leeches down there. I was actually in southern cal a couple weeks ago. Not only do they not drink that much water down there (I wont go on a limb and say most or even a lot don't, just the ones I know dont), but half of the high desert near Edwards AFB waters their huge acre of grass (that we all know doesnt grow very well anyway) every effing day.....

Check out our shirts in the Vendor Display Forum!

- Brian
Drive Auto Gear
Drive Auto Gear Website

Like us on Facebook!

XJ Writeups:
| DOORLESS IN A 97+ | D44 SWAP | REBUILDING A CV DRIVESHAFT | HOME-BREWED CENTER CONSOLE
sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:46 PM   #15
dyna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch
The wet/dry, El Nino/La Nina cycle is nothing new. The *** clowns in Sacramento need to pull their heads out and understand that finally. Also, I make a point of pooping in one of the lakes at least once a year, just out of spite. It somehow makes me feel better about the water going to LA.
Nasty, the busted a guy here locally for pooping in his neighbors water storage tank. he`d been doing it for months evidently cause he was PO`ed about a fence being built and messing up his view. the guy finally started getting sick and the eventually tracked it to floaters in the tank then shortly after was caught by the sherrifs in the act.
Its funny, Santa margarita lake is about 15 minutes from my house, bodily contact with the water is against the law due to it being a potable water supply for SLO, I cant tell you how many times Ive watched guys when fishing bass tournaments standing on the bow wee weeing in the lake. What are they protecting? The near arrested me once for sticking my hand in the water while kayaking there trying to cool off a bit. Makes no sense to me. He, he, dring up SLO
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.