Buyer beware - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Buyer beware

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #31
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Good to know... Drove by there yesterday on the way home from camping at Lake Norman. The wife likes the Rock Lobster color and they had some on the yard.

Sent from my TJ

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #32
klong4u
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just wanted to follow up with this post and say that I hired a lawyer, who wrote Chrysler and said they had 5 days to pay me or make no mistake we will be taking them to court. He concluded the letter with the comment "I hope you are crystal clear about the position of my client!". They responded to that letter that they she to pay me and as of today I have that check in my hand. It's a shame to have to find out that this company needs to be sued before they will stand behind their product but I feel satisfied that I was able to recover the cost of the repairs. But I will never buy another Chrysler product again.
klong4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #33
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well good thing I didn't accept an interview with that dealership after hearing how bad it was.
Unread 08-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #34
klong4u
2013 JK Wrangler 

I never said anything bad about the dealership. I actually like them. This was 100% Chrysler's area managers decision and Chrysler as a company. I d on the phone with Chrysler and they were the one that denied me warranty service based on their area managers decision. In fact the dealership went to bat for me but was as unsuccessful as I was to get Chrysler to pay for the repairs on a vehicle that had 1,900 miles on it
Unread 08-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #35
bobjp

That's too bad to hear about, but glad you got your money back. No way a clutch should go out that soon. Hopefully it's just a bad apple. I don't blame you for not wanting to buy another Chrysler.
Unread 08-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #36
klong4u
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have driven over a million miles with a clutch vehicle over the past 25 years, so I know how to drive a freaking clutch. I have tripled the miles since the repairs and the clutch is now fine. I have worked in manufacturing for 20 years and I couldn't ever imagine a company I worked for denying responsibility for their products failure within the first 30 days. No wonder why Chrysler went bankrupt twice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.