Buffalo Wild Wings Has Banned Guns - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Buffalo Wild Wings Has Banned Guns

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #31
spward

1985 CJ7 

That sign is not legal in Texas to keep out CHL weapons. Actualy, I have seen a lot of non-compliant signs for businesses. I smile when I read them.

USN Hull #227
spward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #32
rd94yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Don't know about any other state laws besides Alabama, but that sign don't mean **** here.
State law says signs like that aren't the law. BUT if they ask you to leave, you must. Just like any other business owner/manager can do.

You never know who has a concealed carry, and I bet you'd thank them if something went down and they acted on it.
rd94yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #33
chowner
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd94yj View Post
Don't know about any other state laws besides Alabama, but that sign don't mean **** here.
State law says signs like that aren't the law. BUT if they ask you to leave, you must. Just like any other business owner/manager can do.

You never know who has a concealed carry, and I bet you'd thank them if something went down and they acted on it.
I don't think those signs are meant to imply anything besides store policy.
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #34
spward

1985 CJ7 

I drove past BWW this morning (after I got my liberal Starbucks coffee) and didn't notice a sign by the door. Might be the location.

USN Hull #227
spward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #35
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd94yj View Post

Many state laws, and honestly I'm not sure about Alabama, but you can carry into establishments that serve alcohol, but only if they don't derive more than 50% of their revenue from alcohol sales. Places like BWW or Hooters would be close to that 50%.

I tend to not go to establishments that post those signs if I can avoid it. But when I do, I'll say while I may not have a firearm, I'm not defenseless. As a responsible gun owner, I'm not going to break laws and I'll try to avoid violating store policy, but concealed is concealed AND there are other options for self protection (tasers, knives, and other skills...).

The BWW places here in Huntsville are places I try to avoid anyway. One is a good hike to go to and not on my radar unless I'm on that side of town. The other one, closer to my house, is in a mall that I really don't like anyway. Lots of other wing options in town anyway.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #36
funkduck
2002 WJ 

I kinda have the feeling that businesses for which federally guaranteed currency is good enough, should also maintain that federally guaranteed rights are good enough.

Same goes for businesses that insist they're not obligated to support free speech or other freedoms contained in the bill of rights.. yeah, maybe a court won't force them to uphold those rights but if you don't like the spirit of the US, don't do business here. You don't deserve our money if you don't support the rights we rely upon to keep it flowing.
Unread 01-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #37
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbcrawler View Post
Had somebody telling me in Ohio, there is a data base being built to list all the businesses that arent CCW friendly. Offending businesses are warned that they are going to be put on a list for prohibiting CC, if they continue to refuse CC , they are put on the list for the gun carrying public to look up on line. My understanding is, some places do comply. Didnt catch where to find the list.
I feel like I've heard that also. I'm pretty sure buckeye firearms has something to do with it. If they don't they need to get the ball rolling on it, they're an excellent resource for CCW holding Ohioans.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #38
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
Many state laws, and honestly I'm not sure about Alabama, but you can carry into establishments that serve alcohol, but only if they don't derive more than 50% of their revenue from alcohol sales. Places like BWW or Hooters would be close to that 50%.
Texas is like this with one caveat. Places like Chilis or some of the BWW have a separate bar. You can carry in, but can't go into the bar area. But there still needs to be a 30.06 or a 51% sign.

But to be honest. If I am going to one of those places, I am probably going to be drinking so I wouldn't have it one me anyhow.
AKABOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #39
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your CCW says you can't carry in federal places like post offices, banks, etc... Just cause some yahoo puts up a no guns sign in his establishment doesn't mean that you can get in trouble for doing it anyway. The most that could happen is they would ask you to leave and maybe ban you from eating there it something. I don't think you can get in trouble for it.
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #40
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

But I think it's cause they serve alcohol. In TN you cannot consume alcohol and carry, in KY you can, but if there was an incident, the police determine if you're drunk or not.
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #41
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmonaco View Post
in KY you can, but if there was an incident, the police determine if you're drunk or not.
Ohio is the same way, which is kind of ridiculous. If you are carrying DO NOT DRINK!
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #42
Macgyver130
Dead men talk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408Chevelle View Post

WhiteOut, you read my two sentences and made a laundry list of unrelated assertions. Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

This LMAO

"Never Forget, Never surrender". 9-11-2001

"Freedom isn't free"

Semper Fi

/__[___]
l--L__[]lllll[]
_V___V-*-V
()_)- ()_)-o-)
Macgyver130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #43
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmonaco View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your CCW says you can't carry in federal places like post offices, banks, etc... Just cause some yahoo puts up a no guns sign in his establishment doesn't mean that you can get in trouble for doing it anyway. The most that could happen is they would ask you to leave and maybe ban you from eating there it something. I don't think you can get in trouble for it.
It varries by state, county, city. Some some you can carry in Chilis or BWW, but not in their bar.
Some places you cannot carry if more than 50% revenue is from alcohol, that includes retail stores.
Other places you can't carry in the building if they have a liquor license. So if the local drug store sells beer, don't carry in it.

It requires a lot of homework. Some places the county or city places more restrictions in addition to state and federal.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #44
CaptLeeB
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Florida you can carry into a restaurant but not into a bar or bar area of a restaurant. No schools or federal buildings either.
CaptLeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #45
WJlover
1999 WJ 

new hampshire i can carry anywhere aside from schools, banks (i think banks), courts, any federal or state building really.
other than that, anywhere i want that doesnt have an official "no weapons permitted" sign.

i dont think that crap sign BWW's used would fly around here.
WJlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.