Buffalo Wild Wings Has Banned Guns - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Buffalo Wild Wings Has Banned Guns

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-24-2013, 06:01 AM   #16
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

The BWW nearest me doesn't have a sign. As of monday night anyway.

Many jurisdictions prohibit gun possession inside bars or places with alcohol by law.

Here in Indiana, that sign means nothing. They'll have to get me for trespassing if I refuse to leave (which I wouldn't refuse, that's irresponsible gun ownership).

I respect their right to prohibit guns on their property. If my local location puts one up, I'll quit eating there in protest.

JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 06:07 AM   #17
yachtjockey
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I wonder if a armed robber will heed the sign or consider it easy pickings since everyone inside is unarmed?
yachtjockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 06:12 AM   #18
ozjeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtjockey
I wonder if a armed robber will heed the sign or consider it easy pickings since everyone inside is unarmed?
They wi clearly pass on because guns are not allowed there... Duh
Unread 01-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #19
Macgyver130
Dead men talk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowner View Post
Slow your troll roll.

The OP made none of the assertions, yet you without hesitating assert your asinine assumptions to attack their and other's characters.
X2 I agree with chowner as well. The OP simply stated they lost his business, which is his right to state, just as it is BWW right to ban on their premises.
I never have liked their wings, so it's no loss to me or them.

"Never Forget, Never surrender". 9-11-2001

"Freedom isn't free"

Semper Fi

/__[___]
l--L__[]lllll[]
_V___V-*-V
()_)- ()_)-o-)
Macgyver130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #20
Bigshankhank
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Dammit, can't go to Chick-fil-A, can't go to Buffalo Wild Wings. I swear, if some uppity ethical bull**** ruins Twin Peaks for me, I'll be mighty pee-o'd.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #21
GvilleJeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Technically..... at least in South Carolina.... you are not supposed to conceal carry in an establishment that serves alcohol so I really don't see what the big deal is.
GvilleJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #22
408Chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgyver130 View Post
The OP simply stated they lost his business, which is his right to state, just as it is BWW right to ban on their premises.
That is exactly what I was doing. Nothing more, nothing less.

WhiteOut, you read my two sentences and made a laundry list of unrelated assertions. Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
408Chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #23
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Most BW3s have banned guns for a while. But most state laws don't allow you to carry there anyway since they serve open alcohol.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #24
BonesWK
Web Wheeler

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GvilleJeeper View Post
Technically..... at least in South Carolina.... you are not supposed to conceal carry in an establishment that serves alcohol so I really don't see what the big deal is.
same here in NC... really we didnt lose anything here
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #25
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'll just tell them I couldn't read the sign, then sue them because their rule wasn't available in audio and braille formats.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #26
CaptLeeB
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I have a concealed carry permit, part of the deal is it stays concealed. As long as it is concealed BWW will not know I have it. I strongly believe I would never need a gun inside of a BWW, but if for some crazy unlikely reason I did I would be willing to pay the consequences to protect my family.
CaptLeeB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #27
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GvilleJeeper View Post
Not in Ohio A couple years ego we passed a law for that exact reason. You can drink anywhere that sells liquor, provided there isn't a defense free zone sign on the door, and you aren't consuming alcohol. People were pretty up in arms about it when it happened. I'm still waiting for these alcohol fueled killing sprees that were supposed to happen because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Are people so dumb they don't know what a private business can and can't do? There is no constitutionally protected right to carry where you want to. And to think that this kind of thing infringes on your rights is just plain ignorance.

All these places that are distancing themselves from guns won't go under becuase of it. Chances are that they will do the same amount of business.
And CCW holders are free to take their business elsewhere In Ohio there were businesses that put up signs after the passing of the CCW law, but later removed them when once people started writing letters saying they would be supporting their competitors. My money may not be much, but when the number of people in my state is at 300,000+ and continuously rising, it may influence businesses to think twice before turning away good law abiding citizens.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #28
curbcrawler
1946 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFranko View Post
Not in Ohio A couple years ego we passed a law for that exact reason. You can drink anywhere that sells liquor, provided there isn't a defense free zone sign on the door, and you aren't consuming alcohol. People were pretty up in arms about it when it happened. I'm still waiting for these alcohol fueled killing sprees that were supposed to happen because of it.

And CCW holders are free to take their business elsewhere In Ohio there were businesses that put up signs after the passing of the CCW law, but later removed them when once people started writing letters saying they would be supporting their competitors. My money may not be much, but when the number of people in my state is at 300,000+ and continuously rising, it may influence businesses to think twice before turning away good law abiding citizens.
Had somebody telling me in Ohio, there is a data base being built to list all the businesses that arent CCW friendly. Offending businesses are warned that they are going to be put on a list for prohibiting CC, if they continue to refuse CC , they are put on the list for the gun carrying public to look up on line. My understanding is, some places do comply. Didnt catch where to find the list.
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #29
WJlover
1999 WJ 

this reminds me of the chic-filet thing with gays...

but i will admit it does sound a bit....arrogant? the way they worded it. "bans guns on these premises"
could have just put "weapons not permitted" like every other ****ing business does...

it just makes it clear where they stand with guns
WJlover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #30
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

'Ban' is a bit of an extremist word that's thrown around a lot these days, especially in the media. They should have just went with 'prohibited' or something.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.